CYBERPUNK 2077 [PC Specific Patches and Settings]

People always whine ;)
Too hard/too easy.
Not enough settings(high FPS)/Unoptimized code (under 100 FPS at maximum settings)
Whining is the new black sadly...

My advice to people not liking the gameplay:
Play another game...and stop whining.

Are you playing on console?

On pc if people don't like some aspect of the game, they can do more than whine.

Some examples

1. Look for mods that fit to their taste
2. Take the matter into their own hand and modify the game to fit their taste (one of the easiest is using memory editor like cheat engine I mentioned before).

Heck, some games, like elder scrolls series thrives because people whines so much, there's huge interest for mods, and the game thrives with mods.

AFAIK for current gen consoles, it's only switch (all hardware and firmware) and PS4 (old firmware) where people can enjoy mods and memory editing.

The witcher 3 on Switch for example, it was released as a blurry and stutter game. People whines, modders made a graphic mod and overclock profile. Problem solved.

Other developer even take advantage of all of whining. For example bungie with Destiny 2.

People whine with destination quest, they brought back bounties. People whines with bounties, they say they'll brought back destination quest. And market it as "we listen to our player base". People whine with lack of customization for looks, they put ridiculous amounts of customization behind micro transaction. People whines with DLCs that ends to quick, they pad the DLCs with ridiculous generic boring Quests to pad the play time.

If bungie brought forge to destiny 2, it will alleviate the whining with lack of contents as players will be able to take matters to their own hands: by making their own maps.

V1.05 update broke the Hex edit.

here's the new hex codes

51FPS, v1.05, the inteded way to play the game by CDPR & AMD et al.
1.05_fuck_you_amd_cdpetkkz.png

65 FPS, Hex edit
hexoiki9.png

2700X, RTX 3080, 2560*1080, raster settings ultra, Psycho ray tracing, DLSSQ.

It's funny because yesterday I updated one of his videos about CPU performance with Cyberpunk and added the new patch 1.05 hex number for AMD 8 core or more cpu's. And today he released a new video about it. Cool.

Pity he didn't test the 5950X as that's the CPU that would be affected. The 5600X is 6 cores so there would be no difference.

Last edited:
Anyone else get this bug? It's bloody annoying and needs a reload to fix.

View attachment 5146
Not that one specifically, but I've had it a couple of times where the dialogue would just remain no matter what until I reloaded. I noticed it tended to happen when several dialogues were being displayed simultaneously.

Thanks for the tutorial on how to change the 75 to a 74, one other quick question...what did I do? I did it before I went to sleep last night and fired up CP to make sure it still worked but I have no clue what I did. LOL

(Sorry, life has me a teensy bit distracted at times lately)

ROFL! Sorry, that answers that. I guess I should have read a little further, and I have a Ryzen 5 1600 so it won't affect me.

Thank you again though, truly appreciated. :love:

Are you playing on console?

On pc if people don't like some aspect of the game, they can do more than whine.

Some examples

1. Look for mods that fit to their taste
2. Take the matter into their own hand and modify the game to fit their taste (one of the easiest is using memory editor like cheat engine I mentioned before).

Heck, some games, like elder scrolls series thrives because people whines so much, there's huge interest for mods, and the game thrives with mods.

AFAIK for current gen consoles, it's only switch (all hardware and firmware) and PS4 (old firmware) where people can enjoy mods and memory editing.

The witcher 3 on Switch for example, it was released as a blurry and stutter game. People whines, modders made a graphic mod and overclock profile. Problem solved.

Other developer even take advantage of all of whining. For example bungie with Destiny 2.

People whine with destination quest, they brought back bounties. People whines with bounties, they say they'll brought back destination quest. And market it as "we listen to our player base". People whine with lack of customization for looks, they put ridiculous amounts of customization behind micro transaction. People whines with DLCs that ends to quick, they pad the DLCs with ridiculous generic boring Quests to pad the play time.

If bungie brought forge to destiny 2, it will alleviate the whining with lack of contents as players will be able to take matters to their own hands: by making their own maps.

Nope, consoles are not even current gen in my mind, I am PC all the way...because of the freedom ;)

Ok, is there a reason why I'm getting better FPS after re-editing my .exe with the new EB instead of 74 or 75 one? I didn't think it affect little old 6 cores, but I swear my FPS have jumped like 10-15.

Ok, is there a reason why I'm getting better FPS after re-editing my .exe with the new EB instead of 74 or 75 one? I didn't think it affect little old 6 cores, but I swear my FPS have jumped like 10-15.
If you have a 6 core you probably shouldn't edit it at all, just let the new patch do its thing. My 6 core 2600X was fixed with 1.05.

If you have a 6 core you probably shouldn't edit it at all, just let the new patch do its thing. My 6 core 2600X was fixed with 1.05.

I just disabled 2 of 8 cores of my 2700X in the bios, so it's basically a 2600X now. Tested with the 1.05 patch vs the hex edited .exe, there's no difference for me. So it seems CDPR indeed fixed the problem for 4C/6C AMD CPUs. It's funny though, because I have better framerates (57FPS) than I have with 8C(51FPS) now lol.

hex edited 6C/12T, 2600X simulated.
hex_cyberpunk2077_202uxjsl.png

1.05 patch 6C/12T, 2600X simulated
6core_1.05_cyberpunk2amjwb.png

6c_12t_82jai.png

Last edited:
I just disabled 2 of 8 cores of my 2700X in the bios, so it's basically a 2600X now. Tested with the 1.05 patch vs the hex edited .exe, there's no difference for me. So it seems CDPR indeed fixed the problem for 4C/6C AMD CPUs. It's funny though, because I have better framerates (57FPS) than I have with 8C(51FPS) now lol.

Can you setup a simulated 4C/8T CPU and test with 1.05 non-HexEdit? If the following supposition is correct, you'll probably be seeing around 51 FPS, the same as your 8C/16T 1.05 non-HexEdit.

If I understood what they said and did for AMD CPUs

With patch 1.05 in place:
  • 4C/8T CPU = default 8 threads
  • 6C/12T CPU = default 12 threads
  • 8C/16T CPU = default 8 threads
  • 12C/24T CPU = default 12 threads
  • 16C/32T CPU = default 16 threads

With the HexEdit in place for 1.04 or 1.05:
  • 4C/8T CPU = default 8 threads
  • 6C/12T CPU = default 12 threads
  • 8C/16T CPU = default 16 threads
  • 12C/24T CPU = default 24 threads
  • 16C/32T CPU = default 32 threads

btw if you use the fix on github, no need for doing hex edit manually

https://github.com/yamashi/PerformanceOverhaulCyberpunk/releases

This searches for the Hex Pattern and changes it to 0xEB. @Unknown Soldier indicated he had better performance using 0x74 instead of 0xEB.

Hex Pattern: 0x75, 0xCC, 0x33, 0xC9, 0xB8, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x0F, 0xA2, 0x8B, 0xC8, 0xC1, 0xF9, 0x08
New Byte: 0xEB;

SMT Patching Coding @ https://github.com/yamashi/PerformanceOverhaulCyberpunk/blob/master/src/smt_amd_patch.cpp

The original instruction code 0x75 performs a test and jumps to a location based on results of the test, code 0x74 changes the test, and 0xEB will jump to the location without doing the test.

But I LIKE hex editing things now! I'm gonna hex edit lots of things....

Welcome to the hex editing group. :)

The first program I hex edited (for the purpose of cheating) was Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord back in the early 80's. Oh, man, thinking about that also reminded me of all the various ways Apple ][ devs would copy protect the contents of the disks that they sold their programs on. If you have the time, this is still a fascinating read.

Apple II Copy Protection | Big Mess o' Wires

They could get really REALLY creative. Like for example, using a laser to physically damage the surface of a specific portion of the disk. When the program ran, if the program was able to write to that location then it would assume that you were running a copy.

I still fondly remember a copy program called Copy ][+ that I used to use back then to make a backup of Wizardry before I hex edited it. :) IIRC, it used the copy protection method of offset tracks (Apple ][ disks didn't have to be formatted in a "standard" way) possibly in combination with other factors to copy protect the disk.

Regards,
SB

Back