A Generational Leap in Graphics [2020] *Spawn*

I couldn't name another game right now that represents such progress. Which ones represent even greater progress for graphical effects?

CP2077, graphically atleast, is the only game so far that delivered that true next generational leap. Its atm the best and most impressive looking game to date. Its not even close. Just see the screenshot from the user above, a random print screen.
Its not only ray tracing, cause even without it, it already looks very good (like DF said), its the total package.
Anyway, when talking about the pc version then.

why, because I have different opinion than you ?

No because it is not a question about "opinion" in certain locations, saying no difference or not noticable is either trolling, lying or a sign you need to go see an eye doctor, simple as that.
Anyways I am off the DXR CyberPunk 2077 fun house :arrow::cool:

No because:cool: it is not a question about "opinion" in certain locations, saying no difference or not noticable is either trolling, lying or a sign you need to go see an eye doctor, simple as that.
I recommend reading with understanding and not answer to sentences that wasn't written (as I never writen that in selected scenes there is no noticable difference)

I recommend reading with understanding and not answer to sentences that wasn't written (as I never writen that in selected scenes there is no noticable difference)

Well since we are in the DF section, DF thinks its a game changer and one of the best looking/the best looking game out there now.

Well since we are in the DF section, DF thinks its a game changer and one of the best looking/the best looking game out there now.
I think John said it's most impressive city he ever seen, and I agree that is one of best looking game on highed pc but not agree is generatinal leap or biggest leap since crysis ;d

I think John said it's most impressive city he ever seen, and I agree that is one of best looking game on highed pc but not agree is generatinal leap or biggest leap since crysis ;d

They actually said themselfs its the new crysis, multiple times i think. Its the most impressive title graphically (on a pc). But yes, if you think this isnt impressive, wait for PS6 generation :p

People calling it a generational leap are the ones who you have the ability to experience it themselves.
agree, probably because now they can justify their rtx 3080 purchase ;) (but maybe a shocker, there are 3080 users that are not as impressed of cyberpunk graphics as some here)

Last edited:
Technically this game is pushing some amazing ray tracing features and from that perspective, it's truly "next gen".

... I'm not a fan of their art direction or their implementation of RT (i.e., characters appearing within a short radius in the reflections). To my eyes, both Spiderman Miles Morales and a maxed out PC Watch Dogs Legion are more pleasing to my eyes. I struggle to see the excitement about this game specifically.

I suspect a couple of years from now most will look back on Cyberpunk and not see what all the fuss was about, but that's normal I guess.

I would expect we'll see a better implementation of reflections in whatever Enhanced Edition comes out someday, its clearly a weak spot. The GI and shadows are incredible though, and most games we've seen only provide one of the three effects -- easily the most impressive RT game ever released and anybody who says otherwise shouldn't be posting in a technical forum.

I think people wait too much of launch period title or cross gen title. The first next generation moment will probably be the next Battlefield in 2021 (R&D around Frosbite is great) or the first footage of Embark studios game.

Being x86 is great for backward compatiblity but it make easier to do cross gen. I suppose first party title will have this oompf moment from 2022.

I would expect we'll see a better implementation of reflections in whatever Enhanced Edition comes out someday, its clearly a weak spot. The GI and shadows are incredible though, and most games we've seen only provide one of the three effects -- easily the most impressive RT game ever released and anybody who says otherwise shouldn't be posting in a technical forum.

RT is important but there is other things in the rendering process for example geometry details or character and hair model and we will see much better later for this part than Cyberpunk 2077.

Lighting is only a part of rendering.

The wow effect will probably comes by games designed around current generation consoles as minimal specs.

I think the first game title non launch and non cross gen title is Battlefield. It will probably be the first title everyone will be impressed and say this is next gen.

It will have more time with final devkit and will use probably every new consoles features. Bluepoint games did not have this luxury for Demon's souls and they begin to develop the game around devkit without hardware accelerated raytracing.

Last edited:
I think Miles Morales looks better but Cyberpunk has more detailed more impressive city and now I can't post here, lmao

I suspect a couple of years from now most will look back on Cyberpunk and not see what all the fuss was about, but that's normal I guess.

This could also be true for the video games of 2013 and 2014. Nevertheless, PBS, TAA, etc. brought a generational leap over games from before.

Unlike Watch Dogs and Spiderman, Cyberpunk 2077 has many ray tracing effects which together have a much bigger impact than just a single effect.

This could also be true for the video games of 2013 and 2014. Nevertheless, PBS, TAA, etc. brought a generational leap over games from before.

Unlike Watch Dogs and Spiderman, Cyberpunk 2077 has many ray tracing effects which together have a much bigger impact than just a single effect.

Completely agree. Objectively, it's doing more and therefore is objectively more "next-gen", so is Quake 2 RT and the RT Minecraft (they're arguably moreso than 2077). Doesn't mean they're subjectively better.

The implementation of RT in Cyberpunk isn't so hot and the other games are more pleasing to the eyes. Despite that, the technology in Cyberpunk is the future and will only get better over time.

Back