What are you playing now? [2018-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloodrayne Terminal Cut, just started yesterday and it's hard to get back in the swing of it. I loved the original, and this is pretty much exactly the original with updated graphics...I just forgot how limited and weird the controls could be on the first one.

I'll get used to it and be in to it soon, got the sequel too since I know that's the better of the two. :D

Assassin's Creed Valhalla. I read this game was more streamlined so thought it would be shorter but 30 hours in I've cleared maybe half the map in England and I've only done a smattering of mysteries (mini side quests). I am very glad Ubisoft have provided game setting options for those of us who liked the original Assassin's Creed formula. :yes:

The combat is gratuitously good as well, in raids running around the battlefield impaling enemies with my spear, kicking off bunch of special abilities and other skills like picking up a discarded weapons and throwing into the face of the nearest enemy makes you feel like a real viking badass! :mrgreen:

I'm progressing and enjoying Quantum Break. The story seems very interesting and I like the TV-episode thingy as well, although I can understand that is not everyone's cup of tea haha. Gameplay is alright, bit too much reading notes like in Alan Wake, but I have to say the game is better than I expected. Control popping up to Game Pass is great news for me, the service keeps on delivering :D

I finished Quantum break few days ago. I'm a bit of a sucker for time travel stuff so greatly enjoyed this. The final boss battle was quite bad though... It's hard to understand how anyone thought that was a good way to finish the game, not like there wasn't potential for a much more interesting fight. I started playing Gears of War 4 now, seems decent enough, although fighting against these robots feel less interesting than the locusts.

I'm thankful of the mid-gen consoles. Not sure if I would have played the base One versions of these games even if they deserved it. The One X versions are really nice.

Last edited:
Still Valhalla, which goes on and on and on and on.. I'm approx 40 hours in and have accepted that I'll never finish it, as I'll be switching to Cyberpunk this week.

Still Valhalla, which goes on and on and on and on.. I'm approx 40 hours in and have accepted that I'll never finish it, as I'll be switching to Cyberpunk this week.

Speaking of Cyperpunk, a big retailer here in Finland is selling the physical version for both consoles at 39.95 euros, so I had no choice but to order and getting it on launch day at the latest. Amazing price haha.

Bouncing between Valhalla and Immortals. And the shiny updated Warframe. Cyberpunk is pre-ordered for the PS4 as I didn't actually think I'd manage to get a PS5 this year. But now I have I'll wait for the PS5 update before I start playing it.

So I took the day off to play GamePass games on Series X yesterday:

Off and on (quick resume), I put 1.5 hours into Tetris Effect and I'm on the final Journey level on normal. Really great version of Tetris.

Next was Call of the Sea. Played 3.5 hours and really like it. It's old school puzzle solving with gorgeous cartoon graphics and a compelling story. I'm on Chapter 3.

Played Forza Horizon 4 for an hour and I'm really enjoying the open feel and the ridiculous number of events and options.

Sunk 1.5 hours into Gears Tactics and I'm about half-way now. This is such a great squad tactical game. Not as deep as Wasteland 3 in some way, but I feel like they cut the right corners.

Lastly, I played Halo MCC on Heroic with my son for 3 hours and finished Halo CE - Missions 2 and 3. It's his first FPS basically and he's playing on a launch X One on a separate monitor and we're having a blast.

Not many days are 10.5 hour gaming days. :)

3DS Dai Gyakuten Saiban, EX Troopers, shovel knight
PS1 (via retroarch switch) Xenogears

but stopped playing shovel knight as the black smear/blur is too annoying (New 3DS XL with TN top screen).

Still punking the cybers on PS5. 33 hours in. I think this is going to take a while to finish because the side missions are so good I can't pass them up.

Just picked these up today, in preparation for next week's cards arrival. Great deals on Hellblade, Gears 5, Vampyr and Mass Effect: Andromeda Deluxe Edition ($9.99 each). I could have gotten Cyberpunk 2077 for $40 through cdkeys, but I didn’t want to deal with another store game-launcher (GOG).
0J3Og7W.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back