Returnal (Housemarque) [PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
I’m still unsure about this game. The actual premise sounds a lot more interesting than the trailer we saw, which is super weird.

I am all for studios branching out and doing what they need/want. But I am sad I am not getting any more arcade shooters from Finland.

I don't know if I dig the story line but combat mechanics look great.

How can that be a PS5 exclusive? Was it intended to be a cross-gen game too somewhere? If its a PS5 exclusive all-in, their not harnassing even close to its potentional there.

How can that be a PS5 exclusive? Was it intended to be a cross-gen game too somewhere? If its a PS5 exclusive all-in, their not harnassing even close to its potentional there.
Well they are targeting 4K 60fps using unreal engine so I doubt they can graphically do better than this. And they are showing things running on PS5. But My main concern is more the type of game they are doing. Nobody wanted this. There are enough of those games on PS5 already.

They should have done Resogun 2. :yes:

Well they are targeting 4K 60fps using unreal engine so I doubt they can graphically do better than this. And they are showing things running on PS5. But My main concern is more the type of game they are doing. Nobody wanted this. There are enough of those games on PS5 already.

They should have done Resogun 2. :yes:

They were selling less and less games on the arcade genre and Housemarque could not continue on this path, it was not profitable and it would have bankrupt Housemarque at the end. This is just the first AAA games on a new engine for the team, I don't expect them to do a game looking as good as the coalition.

If the game is good, Sony will probably buy the studio and they will grow little by little. Shuhei Yoshida love the gameplay of the game and he is fan of action game maybe the game will play very well.;)

Back