Oculus Quest | Meta Quest 2

AAAAAAAAAAAAH my quest finally touched indonesia! i just need to wait it to

- clear customs
- hopefully was not hit with random inspection (last time they did to my Ryougi Shiki figurine, the box was destroyed, to add salt to the wound, they slapped an inspection fee)
- sent to parallel importer's warehouse
- sent to me

Ooof, what bad timing for Facebook to attempt to force migration of Oculus accounts into Facebook and then on top of that basically mandate that if the Facebook accounts aren't actively used then you'll lose access to your Oculus library.

State, federal authorities expected to file antitrust lawsuits against Facebook on Wednesday (msn.com)

Seems the US Federal Government as well as 40 US State governments don't like Facebook's actions.

With WhatsApp, for example, antitrust investigators have seized on Facebook’s earlier promise to users that it would preserve the messaging company’s independence and strong privacy protections, according to the three sources who spoke on the condition of anonymity. But Facebook reversed course after it bought the company in 2014 and recently has sought to integrate its users’ data with the social networking site’s other services, sparking global concern given the company’s past privacy mishaps.

Hmmm, kind of like what they are now doing with Oculus and Oculus user accounts. I imagine that'll likely come into play in the antitrust suit at some point.

Regards,
SB

Finally got Quest 2 on hand! (and head)
  1. Very good frontal view. Way better than Quest 1. Able to resolve smaller detail than PSVR, but the SDE is easier to see than PSVR (cant wait for PSVR2!!!).
  2. The more to the edge, the more chromatic aberration and god rays visible
  3. the chromatic aberration is not the common red/blue in various camera lenses or quest 1, but its green instead. I saw other post with blue, and purple CA.
  4. black = dark gray. Way worse than Q1 but not too much worse than PSVR (PSVR lifted its blacks in almost all games, only the platformer mouse game that have true black in loading screen).
I have not tried anything other than the initial setup as its still updating. I assume playing games with dark periphery views like Beat Saber will have zero issues.

My ability to attract tech issues has come again LOL

Oculus Quest 2 cannot be used because my oculus account cannot be linked to my facebook account. It says my facebook account is already linked despite it is not linked. Contacted oculus support, hoping they'll fix it soon instead of taking a few weeks to months like many I've read on reddit.

You didn’t link it for your original Quest?

And yeah, the oculus logo isn’t the best chosen considering how it highlights those image distortion issues a bit around the edges, but in games it’s usually just really good.

I still really enjoy 11 table tennis and Beat Saber above all else. 11 table tennis even though clearly a pretty small budget game, is just perfect in terms of physics, and online matches are great too. Some people make such nice theatre with their heads and hands, even when they don’t chat (I always keep my voice on), you’re really communicating and it is great fun.

The AI and practice options are great too though!

Last edited:
You didn’t link it for your original Quest?

And yeah, the oculus logo isn’t the best chosen considering how it highlights those image distortion issues a bit around the edges, but in games it’s usually just really good.

I still really enjoy 11 table tennis and Beat Saber above all else. 11 table tennis even though clearly a pretty small budget game, is just perfect in terms of physics, and online matches are great too. Some people make such nice theatre with their heads and hands, even when they don’t chat (I always keep my voice on), you’re really communicating and it is great fun.

The AI and practice options are great too though!

I've triple checked, nope. a bunch of people complaining about this on reddit and they say oculus support replies were super slow, taking weeks.

hmm, if after a few days oculus didn't reply, I'll try to use one of my fake facebook account... and create new oculus account.

finally managed to use Oculus Quest 2 to play VR games

The headset

• 1. The ability to resolve details is awesome!
  • 2. The chromatic aberration is invisible in games with dark periphery vision (e.g. beat saber)
  • 3. The god-rays is worse than PSVR but better than Quest 1
  • 4. The vertical sharp sweet spot is worse than PSVR, pretty similar to Quest 1
  • 5. THE STRAP is bloody annoying to adjust and it gave me really weird headache. But using it while lying on my back on the bed was AWESOME.
  • 6. The IPD adjustment is annoying indeed. I got number "2". But it doesn't feel as "normal" as quest 1. Putting the headset on and seeing the virtual world feels different to real world, like something is wrong weird. Unlike Q1 where with the right IPD, virtual are as OK as real world.
  • 7. The SDE quickly become invisible in gameplay, like on PSVR, unlike on Quest 1.
  • 8. The lack of real black only noticeable in beat saber.
  • 9. The materials feels cheaper than Q1

The controllers
  1. Slippery as heck
  2. the battery cover no longer slides like Q1. No more accidental battery cover open.
  3. it has a different "forward" angle than Q1 and PS Move baton. Its tilted to "outside" a bit more. Easy to fix with steamvr plugin or with in-game setting.
  4. its MORE RESPONSIVE and MORE ACCURATE than Q1 (maybe they have different controller/camera batches? as some people including Arstechnica report a downgrade in tracking).
  5. the materials feels cheaper than Q1

The included accesory
  1. the USB cable is really short, i used Q1 USB cable for link.
  2. the USB charger is only 10 watts, i used Q1 USB charger for 15w charging
  3. the box is badly designed. Placing Quest 2 back inside will keep it turned on overnight, draining battery to 0%. Because the flimsy strap will get close to the proximity sensor.
  4. The materials feels cheaper than Q1

Last edited:
Any way to run https://www.jscreenfix.com/ in FULL SCREEN and stop Oculus Quest 2 from auto sleeping after a few minutes?
I've disabled the activity detection and put audo sleep to max delay. But it still blanks the screen after some minutes.

Need to "kick" one pixel back to life. Its almost dead center on left eye LOL. I just realized this dead pixel after playing Tales of Wedding Rings and Focus on You

EDIT: lol turns out i just need to use the power button to wake it and it no longer sleeps

EDIT: its not 1 pixel lol, its like 5 pixels horizontal. all dead

Last edited:
Quest 2 fit pack
What do these do ?
ak2PYGu.jpg

Quest 2 fit pack
What do these do ?
ak2PYGu.jpg

I think they may help some glasses users get a little more space to wear glasses but not sure.

I got the Elite strap right away, it’s still not aa comfortable as PSVR but certainly close enough for me to make that part a non issue.

Back