CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

I feel so bad. I know they wanted to release it this year for the CP2020 game and to stop losing money into de dev. but man this could have such an incredible game if they waited another year to polish everything. such a shame.

There are many corners cut. the AI is extremely lacking. the ability to breath under water is never explore but 1 side quest. where are my fking flying cars? etc.

I feel so bad. I know they wanted to release it this year for the CP2020 game and to stop losing money into de dev. but man this could have such an incredible game if they waited another year to polish everything. such a shame.

It is an incredible game if you have something decent to run it on. I'm really saddened by the general animosity that seems to be growing towards the game itself rather than simply towards the broken versions of it running on obsolete hardware.

Yes the PS4/XBO versions of the game are sh*t. But on all 5 other current consoles and the PC, it's an amazing game.

If Hello Games can turn around the complete disaster of the No Man's Sky launch, CDPR can turn this around. They're going to have to suffer a fair bit financially, due to the returns drama, but the many "look at it now" articles that will come over the next year or two will do it wonders.

It's strange that I turned out to be lucky that my work underpaid me by £200 this month. I skipped this game until my employer puts my money in next month's wage. Looks like I might just wait a little while longer...

There are many corners cut. the AI is extremely lacking. the ability to breath under water is never explore but 1 side quest. where are my fking flying cars? etc.

On pc those "cut contents" will be restored via mods, I suppose.

Although without mod tools, dunno how hard it'll be...

Heck, the PC that I first ran Doom on couldn't even manage 20 FPS. And I still considered it the best game I played in 1993. :)

Regards,
SB
Doom is analogous because it came out on PC, and all of the console versions were cut down in some cases so much that it's almost unrecognizable. SNES DooM is very much like Cyberpunk on Xbox One. Jaguar/32x DooM is like PS4Pro/XOX. Playable, missing some stuff, and lower fidelity. PS1 Doom is like PS5/XSX. Pretty good, better than low end PC but not as good as high end. Saturn DooM is like base PS4 CP2077. It should be playable, but somehow, not so much.

Cyberpunk 2077 Update 1.05 - Release Date, Patch Notes.
  • Jackie will no longer disappear in The Pickup or The Heist.
  • Fixed an issue preventing players from landing the helicopter in Love like Fire.
  • Fixed an issue with Takemura not calling in Play it Safe.
  • It's no longer possible to trigger the same dialogue twice in Big in Japan.
  • Fixed an issue with Delamain appearing upside down at the end of Don't Lose Your Mind.
  • Saul now correctly reaches the van in Riders on the Storm.
  • Fast travelling before the encounter with Tyger Claws no longer breaks progression in I Fought the Law.
  • Fixed an issue blocking progress in Ghost Town if an autosave made upon Raffen Shiv's arrival was loaded.
  • Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages if Happy Together failed as a result of combat.
  • Elizabeth Peralez stops being excessively insistent with her calls after her job offer is refused.
  • The scene with Misty and Jackie now starts properly after leaving Viktor's clinic.
  • Wakako's dialogues no longer get blocked after finishing Search and Destroy.
  • Walking away from Stefan in Sweet Dreams shouldn't prevent other characters from calling you anymore.
  • Brick’s detonator should now be properly interactable for players to disarm. Or set off. Your call.
  • Elevator doors should now correctly open in The Heist.
  • Saul now correctly gets out of cars in Riders on the Storm.
  • Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages after running too far away from Frank in War Pigs.
  • Jackie now correctly leaves the factory after the combat is finished in The Pickup.
  • Fixed an issue with Militech reinforcements not spawning if driving through the gate too fast in Forward to Death.
  • Skipping time while in the club in Violence no longer results in issues with progression.
  • Fixed issues with starting Gig: Getting Warmer...
  • Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages after Pyramid Song has been abandoned midway.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Delamain core could be already broken when player enters the Core room in Don't Lose Your Mind.
  • Fixed issues with Delamain not appearing or doing nothing outside the Afterlife in The Heist.
  • Fixed an issue with objective getting stuck on "Talk to Viktor" in The Ripperdoc.
  • Fixed an issue whereby it was impossible to talk to the bouncer in front of Lizzie's in The Information.
  • Added description for Don't Lose Your Mind in the Journal.
  • Fixed an issue preventing player from saving, using fast travels, and talking to other NPCs after reloading a save with an active call with Frank in War Pigs.
  • Fixed an issue with Panam not calling about any other matter until I'll Fly Away is completed.
  • Fixed an issue with Dum Dum following V after The Pickup is finished.
Gameplay
  • Improved the reaction times of NPCs taking cover.
  • Corrected the number of shots needed to kill civilians from a distance while in combat.
Visual
  • Fixed an issue with Delamain's image displayed on top of the current caller during phone calls.
  • V's mouth doesn't stay open after entering the space lock in Where is My Mind.
  • Fixed some UI overlap issues.
  • V appears more modest in the inventory preview after the half year montage ;)
  • NPCs are faster to appear in the quest area during Stadium Love.
  • Added some warmth to HDR.
  • Fixed T-posing NPCs in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Just Say No and Gig: Hot Merchandise.
  • Fixed an issue whereby after a braindance it was possible to be stuck in 3rd person view with no head.
  • Silencer icons are no longer displayed with no image in the inventory.
UI
  • Fixed an issue with weapon crosshair persisting on screen.
  • The inventory menu no longer closes immediately after opening it for the first time after leaving a car.
  • Fixed an issue whereby upon accessing a fast travel terminal the button shown on the top right corner prompting to open the quest journal would not work.
Performance & Stability
  • Multiple stability improvements, including crash fixes.
Miscellaneous
  • Offscreen explosions make noise now.
PC Only
  • [AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less.
  • Fixed an issue with the way Raw Input is collected.
  • Removed the use of AVX instruction set thus fixing crashes occurring at the end of the Prologue on processors not supporting AVX.
  • Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn't mean we don't want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that.
  • Ray traced reflections should no longer seem too bright in comparison to the environment.
  • Fixed an issue with Steam Overlay crash on game shutdown.
  • Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.
Console Only
  • Improved image sharpness with Chromatic Aberration and Film Grain on.
  • Settings should no longer reset to default after several game session restarts.
  • Fixed visual issues occurring during the transition between The Heist and Love Like Fire.
  • Corrected the look of several vehicles.
  • [Xbox] Entering combat while Synaptic Accelerator is active no longer ends in player health bar not being displayed.
  • [Xbox] Game no longer becomes unresponsive when signing out from a profile when the controller disconnection message is visible.
  • Telemetry consent request will appear once more due to an earlier issue with settings reset.
  • Fixed an issue whereby it was possible to fall down the elevator shaft in Megabuilding H8 in Automatic Love.

It is an incredible game if you have something decent to run it on. I'm really saddened by the general animosity that seems to be growing towards the game itself rather than simply towards the broken versions of it running on obsolete hardware.

Yes the PS4/XBO versions of the game are sh*t. But on all 5 other current consoles and the PC, it's an amazing game.

I didn't say it wasn't. I didn't talk about the performance. which should be better yes(on PC) but I can still enjoy the stunning graphics with a crappy Rx570. I want the GPU shortage to end so I can get a new VGA and play this on Ultra.

Anyway the game have a lot of opportunities. on the gameplay side. of choice system is barely "good" but if you have played MassEffect you would find it almost "empty" many dialogs lead to nowhere and many choices are restricted to character stats but have not much to offer in many cases but new dialog. The romance is horrible made with only 1 choice and happens only a single time. there are "joytoy" but only 2...and the rest already told in my last reply(specially the flying cars and under water gameplay.

If that holds, then refunds should be extended to everyone who purchased the game for base consoles (not sure how someone could prove that). Additionally, all physical copies of the game should be recalled and a warning label affixed to the box stating that it doesn't function on Xbox One, Xbox One S, and Playstation 4.

Well, I was somewhat correct.
This is the new listing on the Microsoft store:

cpwl.JPG

Cyberpunk 2077 Update 1.05 - Release Date, Patch Notes.

Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.

so that's why the "memory budget fix" has zero effect on me LOL.

Paying for pre-orders is just a weird concept to a lot of people. In many countries you pre-order, then when the game is shipped to you, or when it downloads and is ready to unlock, that's when you get charged. Think about it, why are you paying before you get the product? :???:

Sigh, this isn't about "preordering" but about your claim that CDR won't make much money this month.I simply wondered why you come to this conclusion after Sony allegedly removed the PS4 title from its shop. Did Sony cancel all digital purchases automatically? I'm just asking for clarification here as I doubt that many people simply returned it.

It’s hard to feel bad for CDPR here. The right move here would have been to delay the xb1/ps4 versions for a staggered release. With all their attempts to not have them reviewed or previewed, they knew the shitshow they had on their hands.

It's going to hurt but it's not going to hurt as much as it could have. ~60% of Cyberpunk 2077 sales were on PC. So I'd estimate that somewhere between 20-30% sold on Playstation. Of those, I'm doubtful that everyone will ask for a refund. PS5 users are probably fine with it and some PS4/Pro users are probably fine with it. So, I'd guesstimate that ~10-20% of Playstation owners might try to get a refund.

I'm doubtful about your guesstimates of how many PS4 owners will be content with their sub-20fps slideshow and not ask for a refund ;-)

Pedantic, but you're right. Wonder if you can still download the day 1 update for the disc if it's not available in the Store?

Patches continue it seems with another 17Gb hotfix in v1.05 coming in over night. If CDPR decided to stop patches on PlayStation, I'd mothball my game save and ask for a refund too.

Sigh, this isn't about "preordering" but about your claim that CDR won't make much money this month.I simply wondered why you come to this conclusion after Sony allegedly removed the PS4 title from its shop. Did Sony cancel all digital purchases automatically? I'm just asking for clarification here as I doubt that many people simply returned it.

I didn't say that at all, I said that I CDPR will be getting very little from from Sony this month. This is based on the deferred revenue CDPR were expecting from PlayStation pre-orders numbers which would only have been paid this month. Sony has prevented digital sales halfway through the month of December so CDPR cannot sell any more copies and some deferred revenue they were expecting will disappear through refunds. I reckon we'll know by the end of the month roughly what percentage of PS4 versions were refunded.

Back