The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Avenue 5 and Perry Mason are disappointing (to a huge fan of Veep and The Americans). I’m still disappointed in hearing Watchmen spoken ill of. ;)

If it’s quality comedy ye be wantin’ on HBO, watch Jojo Rabbit. I heard the director was in What We Do in the Shadows (the movie, dunno about the series). No idea why I haven’t seen that yet.

Avenue 5 and Perry Mason are disappointing (to a huge fan of Veep and The Americans). I’m still disappointed in hearing Watchmen spoken ill of. ;)

Perry Mason didn't live up to its potential given the actor from The Americans (great premise, great story, great telling, great acting). Mason series wasn't bad but it didn't draw me in the entire time. I skipped through some portions of the middle episodes just to move along the story and see the final payoff in the last 3 episodes.

Your disappointment in hearing about The Watchmen's reactions is nothing compared to my disappointment in the actual series. :p

Meanwhile, Season 2 Episode 9 of Warrior. Wow!

Somebody made their writers actually watch some Startrek so they know more than just having heard of Kirk & Spock and Klingons on the starboard bow.
They're actually referencing other bits of Trek & the rump Federation appears to be attempting to be like the Federation.

The actual bits with the crew & especially Mickey Spock are still terrible though & writing a logical meaningful plot is still beyond them.

It's certainly a lot more Star Treky than the first couple of series. A bit closer to Next Generation than anything else, I'd say. Obviously with some gender fluidity/LGBT stuff levered in because it's the 21st Century! I've enjoyed a couple of the episodes but been bored by others. Pretty much as I was with ST:TNG.

I prefer it to the first couple of series so far.

The first season of Discovery was completely horrible nonsense, but it does seem they are trying to improve. Just bringing Pike in made a big improvement, I even enjoyed the S2 start. Then it degenerated back a bit for several episodes but I managed to watch two full episodes now without breaks.

It's not all bad, but the stuff in scripts varies wildly and they try too hard to reach dramatic effects.

The last episode of Season 2 of The Mandalorian. Damn. I didn't see that coming until I saw it coming.

Also, be sure to watch past the initial set of credits! Disney+ will continue playing as desired, so don't stop it early.

So much potential for new stories. Let's hope they continue to deliver.

I can get that, the fake stomach and Chris Elliot pretty much did that for me too but my wife was watching it on her PC so I sort of had to and it got really good really fast and built up to an amazeballs/Office level ending.

The last episode of Season 2 of The Mandalorian. Damn. I didn't see that coming until I saw it coming.

Also, be sure to watch past the initial set of credits! Disney+ will continue playing as desired, so don't stop it early.

So much potential for new stories. Let's hope they continue to deliver.
Luke looked amazing. Much better than Tarkin or Leia in Rogue One.

Couldn't help but laugh at the Mandalorian tonight as the various 'good guys' took out stormtroopers with martial arts moves, then shot them as they lay prone on the ground. I couldn't help but think it might have just been a little bit easier just to shoot them from point-blank range in the first place...

Yeah, surely it was utterly obvious it would be Luke as soon as a lone X-wing turned up and the Jedi confidently strode to take on dozens of those supposedly super-tough Dark Troopers?

I was like a little girl going 'no way, no fucking way!' :runaway:
I kinda wish they didn't do that, but I also watched it twice back to back just to be sure they really did do that because it was actually awesome.

Luke looked amazing. Much better than Tarkin or Leia in Rogue One.

They did an amazing job on that, definitely looked so much better than the movies. However some say its because
most of the time they didnt have him talking in full view, so little things that easily break immersion were harder to see, like not exactly matching the timing on the upper lip when talking. They said thats what made the movies look worse, but I didn't notice any of that in Mandalorian with Luke when he was speaking and on camera.
They absolutely nailed it.

Oh and what does the Post Credit scene mean?
Do we get yet another series just about Boba Fett in 2021 or does that take the place of Mandalorian tales for next year?

Back