CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

Cyberpunk Cyberjunk 2077 : I wonder optimizing for one vendor could have some contribution to this.
I played Witcher 3 on my PS4, by the time I finished the game I have downloaded a gazillion updates and the game is quite different from its DVD version.
On the bright side, they added a bunch of DLCs (or maybe because I had the Season Pass)

I wonder if Sony's decision will impact the future release of patches for the game. Of they lose digital sales they may delay the patches.

They represent 130 million users, more or less, for CDPR, from a merely financial point of view, should be actually top 1 priority.

They fucked up, it was better to release the game in 2021 only on PS5, Xbox Series X|S and PC and I hope no one will ever hide consoles version now.

After they had a big panic moment.

Made the front page of The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2...-game-from-playstation-store-after-complaints
It is exceptionally rare for a game to be removed from sale on PlayStation after it has been approved for release, and such a high-profile game has never been withdrawn before.

First time for everything...

Cyberpunk 2077 has garnered plenty of hugely positive reviews – on PC, the review-collating website Metacritic shows an aggregate score of 87 out of 100. Before its release, only the more stable PC version of the game was made available to critics, but it soon became clear that the PlayStation and Xbox versions of the game had much more significant problems. Metacritic lists aggregate scores of 54 and 55 out of 100 for the console versions.

Ouch!

CD Projekt RED spent an estimated 1.2bn zloty ($330m) to make Cyberpunk 2077, according to analysts at Polish bank BOS, which would make it one of the most expensive games ever made.

I believe GTA V held the prior record ($250M - $270M).

Looks like CDPR were the ones who asked for the game to be de-listed from the PSN Store. Looks like this was the only way to guarantee refunds.
Good on CDPR for doing this, despite all their other mistakes.

The decision was undertaken following our discussion with SIE regarding a full refund for all gamers who had purchased Cyberpunk 2077 via PlayStation Store and want a refund at this time.

https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077-delisted-from-playstation-store/
https://www.bankier.pl/wiadomosc/CD...berpunk-2077-w-PlayStation-Store-8023177.html

Looks like CDPR were the ones who asked for the game to be de-listed from the PSN Store. Looks like this was the only way to guarantee refunds.
Good on CDPR for doing this, despite all their other mistakes.

https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077-delisted-from-playstation-store/
https://www.bankier.pl/wiadomosc/CD...berpunk-2077-w-PlayStation-Store-8023177.html

The decision sounds more like Sony. I bet those discussions weren't simply about refunds...

The Management Board of CD PROJEKT S.A. with a registered office in Warsaw (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) hereby publicly discloses the decision of Sony Interactive Entertainment (hereinafter referred to as “SIE”) to remove Cyberpunk 2077 from PlayStation Store until further notice.

Some people like Mat Piscatella(NPD) seems to think CDprojekt management had a panic moment with share going down and when they promise the refund they did it without talking to Sony and MS. And unhappy Sony goes nuclear.

He deleted his tweet saying this is what happen when you throw a partner under the bus. I will try to find an image of it,

Does Google cache managed to catch it?

Does Google cache managed to catch it?

EDIT:

No but he said this too. If CDProjekt did not talk about refund, Sony would have not done this. CDProjekt lose trust of Sony and they need to reach something correct to be listed again on PSN.

Same the emergency investor call was an error and it showed they talk too fast about refunds. This will be a case about mismanagement in MBA course.

Mainstream media beginned to talk about this shitshow this week.

Last edited:
what a disaster, other similar situation was with Driveclub and closing Evolutin Studio but Cyberpunk hype is on another level ofcourse

Evolution Studio was closed because of internal studio jealously. Driveclub started out shining a certain outdated turd.

Evolution studios was closed because it was bleeding money like Studio Liverpool. For example Media Molecule never losed money, it was at least the case before releasing Dreams.

Maybe they can optimize this for Cyberpunk 2077. It seems they don't use Umbra anymore. Or maybe not.

https://ubm-twvideo01.s3.amazonaws....ons/Bushnaief_Jasin_Solving_Visibility_In.pdf

Last edited:
Evolution Studio was closed because of internal studio jealously. Driveclub started out shining a certain outdated turd.
thats only a rumour I also heard ;d but truth is it wasn't finished game at launch without weather effects and dissaster online and after patches was really good arcade racing game

Last edited:

Evolution closed because Motorstrom Apocalypse and DriveClub were commercial failures. To suggest that Polyphony had to do anything with it doesn't make any sense at all, primarily they are different games. Driveclub was an arcade game, like NFS or Forza Horizon. GT is a simcade, much more realistic driving although not close to iRacing or similar games.

edit: and as @snc mentions, the game released with a broken online system when it was basically an online game. After several delays if I remember correctly.

Reactions: snc
It was such a mistake to close that studio. Even if Sony were losing money with them, it was good for them as Driveclub was used to showcase the PS4 (those gifs are still amazing now!) and is still loved by many now.

Now many of those people are lost into the EA oblivion. With Covid and all, good luck now funding another similar studio with similarly talented people. Also they had great tech that could have being used in others Sony studios like: Dynamic volumetric clouds, rain effect on windscreen, environement lighting. Those last 3 still being unmatched today.

Evolution studios was closed because it was bleeding money like Studio Liverpool. For example Media Molecule was never losing money even before releasing Dreams.

Maybe they can optimize this for Cyberpunk 2077. It seems they don't use Umbra anymore.

https://ubm-twvideo01.s3.amazonaws....ons/Bushnaief_Jasin_Solving_Visibility_In.pdf
A videogame studio losing money? Wow never heard of it before. How dare they?

Last edited:
It was such a mistake to close that studio. Even if Sony were losing money with them, it was good for them as Driveclub was used to showcase the PS4 (those gifs are still amazon now!) and is still loved by many now.

Now many of those people are lost into the EA oblivion. With Covid and all, good luck now funding another similar studio with similarly talented people. Also they had great tech that could have being used in others Sony studios like: Dynamic volumetric clouds, rain effect on windscreen, environement lighting. Those last 3 still being unmatched today.

A videogame studio losing money? Wow never heard of it before. How dare they?

This is not the same the before, games cost tons of money to make now. For example Wipeout franchise never made money for Sony ok for PS2 when development cost were low but now it is too much.

The cloud technology of Drive Club is made in a middleware.
https://simul.co/

They have drive club as a reference. ;)

Evolution closed because Motorstrom Apocalypse and DriveClub were commercial failures. To suggest that Polyphony had to do anything with it doesn't make any sense at all, primarily they are different games. Driveclub was an arcade game, like NFS or Forza Horizon. GT is a simcade, much more realistic driving although not close to iRacing or similar games.

edit: and as @snc mentions, the game released with a broken online system when it was basically an online game. After several delays if I remember correctly.

Yes there were issues, but Evolution Studio rapid closure wasn't simply a financial one. There was real bad blood... not simply rumor.

The decision sounds more like Sony. I bet those discussions weren't simply about refunds...

The decision was reportedly made by both, as it was CD Projekt who approached Sony and not the other way around.
Everyone seems to be assuming this decision was made unilaterally by Sony due to the game having bugs, but as explained by DigitalFoundry Sony doesn't really go deep into in-game bugs. Their certification process covers mostly if any harm is coming to the console, and I haven't heard reports of Cyberpunk crashing consoles.
Games like life of black tiger still exist in the PS store for a reason.

It's also clear, from CDPR's investor reports, that it's not in CDPR's best interests to keep selling Cyberpunk 2077 for last-gen consoles in the state it's in.
They claimed they're focusing on regaining consumer trust, and not selling the game while it's in that state sounds like the only thing they can do right now.

Back