CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

CDPR making local news stations rounds about having terrible performance and gamers unable to get refunds, is definitely something Sony/MS doesn't want their new machines names attached to (even though it's more of an PS4/XBO issue than anything).

Here is the PC side of me talking, but CP 2077 should have been a PC exclusive for a year, and by the time the PS5 and XBSX|S editions released (Dec 2021) a good majority of the bugs would have been resolved and would have been the next-generation version (rather than waiting for a patch). And MAYBE the PS4/XBO versions would have faired better as well.

yeah they should have pulled a reverse GTA5.
or focus on console first, PC later.

PC gamers are more accustomed to games that comes late and buggy, and they also have the ability to fix those bugs themselves or from community effort/mods.

If CD Projekt Red wanted acceptable technical standards and performance on consoles all around then maybe partnering with another IHV again that's not AMD wasn't the best idea to begin with considering how well the results went with their previous high profile release ...

If CDPR don't like optimizing for AMD HW then maybe heads will need to roll in among their technical staff since there's a chance that they have something against them or maybe just stick to releasing exclusively for PC ...

On a related note to Sony refunds and Cyberpunk, Life of Black Tiger continues to be sold and subject to standard refund policies.

LBT wasn't a highly anticipated game, nor a triple-A studio title. Yes it plays shitty... but it didn't affect multiple platforms... only a small niche of PS4 suckers whom should have stayed cleared after seeing the terrible graphics.

LBT wasn't a highly anticipated game, nor a triple-A studio title. Yes it plays shitty... but it didn't affect multiple platforms... only a small niche of PS4 suckers whom should have stayed cleared after seeing the terrible graphics.
Yeah I know, it's not really comparable. I just like to insult Sony for accepting LoBT onto their store as an actual game.

Last edited:
Its really too bad AMD was the only player in town with the GPU/CPU package at the time. Would be far more interesting to see what the generation would have been like with a 4 core Sandybridge architecture for example.

Am I the only one that never considered CDPR a triple-A studio?

Am I the only one that never considered CDPR a triple-A studio?
1111 employees according to wikipedia, For comparison rockstar has 2000+
according to wiki
"A team of approximately 1,000 people developed Grand Theft Auto V over several years."
So very comparable

It's a bit arrogant of Sony to delist the game publicly if Xbox has even worse frame rate.

I can see why MS would not dare delist the game; they have a marketing deal and a custom console, and they will probably use this shitshow to try and buy the company or something

I would like to see it myself and see if it's as bad as everyone claims or if it's just another internet whine spree. I don't have access to a base PS4 or XBO though sadly. Something to pick up down the road when cheap and forgotten! ;)

yeah they should have pulled a reverse GTA5.
or focus on console first, PC later.

PC gamers are more accustomed to games that comes late and buggy, and they also have the ability to fix those bugs themselves or from community effort/mods.

They must have release the game only on PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X|S. It would have been enough.

No, no, no.
They tried that path with the Witcher 3 (Downgrade due to consoles).
That is holding back progress and bad in all ways.
And since the majority of their sales were on PC, the backlash caught their eyes and they wowed "never again"
Far too long has consoles held back PC gaming so I am glad to see a developer not holding back progress to please Sony/Microsoft.

They did it right this time, let the PC spread it wings (aka this is being called the new "Crysis") and then see how they can downgrade it to run on consoles.
That Sony/Microsoft call their consoles "Next-Gen" is relative.
Compared to PC they are "Last-Gen" (In raytracing I suspect they are even lower than a RTX 2060)) and I wonder how many more developers will follow the stance of CDPR and not let consoles hold back PC gaming.
That Sony/Microsoft then must face some "egg on face" when PC games run away from the consoles in image quality/perfomance is their own fault IMHO du to them trying to push this a "Next-Gen".

In raytracing the consoles are more or less equal to a RTX 2060 see Watchdogs digitalfoundry analysis. It would have been enough and they can give the option run with or without raytracing.

The problem is the last generation console.

CDPR brought this upon themselves. Four days back posted their apology and told console owners with issues to get refunds

EpLqtZ8XEAIEqsX

Evidently the number of PlayStation console owners contacting Sony for refunds has made Sony release that it's not worth selling a game with such a high refund rate. They pay a transaction fee both ends, and have to pay people to manage the refunds and it's not impossible that this game is actually be costing them money, which I am sure they will be getting back from CDPR.

I can't remember any AAA game ever being de-listed by PlayStation before and it will be interesting to see what Microsoft do. They may be tied by their marketing agreement. If so, you can bet all console-exclusive marketing agreements in future will include a clause covering the publishers releasing a technically janky piece of software.

Good move, Sony. This sends a clear message to all publishers that Sony are willing to do this even on AAA games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah the kleptomaniac syndrome that infect tons of humans who play open world games

When starting out, and money was tight, I was looting loads of stuff. It took me many hours to realise a bunch of the bags I had looting were not junk, and therefore we not being sold as junk as dispenser machines, and were in fact food and drink which in typical RPG fashion restore health and/or stamina and give out stats boosts over time. :yes:

Whether you need them depends on your difficulty level. If you're not playing on higher difficulties, I've not found the need for food or drink, the various health tops ups are more than enough and I've 100+ of those.

Not just investors. It's also Sony's and Microsoft's fault.

Doesn't matter what a developer thinks the launch condition of their title is, it has to be submitted to each platform holder for approval. You can't launch anything on console without that approval, unlike PC.

Yup. Cyberpunk demonstrates that the TRC needs to be expanded to cover aspects key to the quality of the user experience playing the game, not just it's ability to run. Sony have since pulled Cyberpunk from their Store and there is a no-questions-asked refund policy for it. That's going to sting for CDPR and their investors.

The norm in digital retail is the publisher is paid at the end of the calendar month in which the sale took place, so CDPR will be getting very little from Sony at the end of December. CDPR will certainly have had access to PSN pre-orders numbers and post-launch sale numbers and anticipating payment based on that number.

Some people like Mat Piscatella(NPD) seems to think CDprojekt management had a panic moment with share going down and when they promise the refund they did it without talking to Sony and MS. And unhappy Sony goes nuclear.

He deleted his tweet saying this is what happen when you throw a partner under the bus. I will try to find an image of it,

Last edited:
I wonder if Sony's decision will impact the future release of patches for the game. Of they lose digital sales they may delay the patches.

Back