All purpose Sales and Sales Rumours and Anecdotes [2020 Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
2:1 in the UK for ps5 vs series s/x surprising. 300k is a hell of a lot, sure UK is bigger than eg france but its not 3x as large, so why did they prioritize the UK over france?

The other countries are performing as expected
To early to say though cause of supply issues
Because UK (and US) are the main Xbox market and Sony are already dominating France.

Because UK (and US) are the main Xbox market and Sony are already dominating France.
Yes I suspect its prolly something like that but what that means is Sony are screwing over ppl in france (and prolly elsewhere in europe/japan etc) because they know they prolly are not interested in xbox. So they prioritize ppl in the UK/USA and the rest of the world are 2nd class citizens, pretty dirty on their part, though makes sense from a business point of view

but now that both perform about the same with PS5 having favorable resolution or frame rates or both in most titles, I expect such people like the ones described above to not go for Xbox anymore.

so once both consoles are in stock, I expect PS5 outselling Both Xbox models combined at least 3:1
Huh! last gen it was ~ 2.25 : 1 and thats with the ps4 being quite a bit more powerful than the xbox one and MS screwing up the launch completely. This time both consoles are about parity powerwise and MS only half screwed up the launch so how will they perform worse?. I suspect it will be a lot closer eg about 3:2 in favour of the ps5

Yes I suspect its prolly something like that but what that means is Sony are screwing over ppl in france (and prolly elsewhere in europe/japan etc) because they know they prolly are not interested in xbox. So they prioritize ppl in the UK/USA and the rest of the world are 2nd class citizens, pretty dirty on their part, though makes sense from a business point of view

Huh! last gen it was ~ 2.25 : 1 and thats with the ps4 being quite a bit more powerful than the xbox one and MS screwing up the launch completely. This time both consoles are about parity powerwise and MS only half screwed up the launch so how will they perform worse?. I suspect it will be a lot closer eg about 3:2 in favour of the ps5

Last gen MS had more high profile exclusives at launch then they will have in the coming year...
Now they have gamepass though, and they bought some studios so you could be right. But it will be 2:1 at the very, very least because MS ignores key markets, again

Far more complicated that this. Power isn’t even a proven reason to move significant numbers. X360 had better performing 3rd party titles yet launches aligned sold slower than PS3 which was a delayed, over-priced car crash of a launch!

Sony sold more PS5 than PS4 in US, UK, France, Spain at launch. The only country where they sold less consoles at launch than PS4 is Japan. They sold more console than PS3 but less than PS4 and the console is sold out.

The demand is through the roof.

Did Sony do any direct sales of consoles like Microsoft has with their online store?

In the UK, Sony has an online store and they also have their own chain of retail stores. Incidentally in my experience, there are the best place to go to if you need any help or support with a Sony product, the store will sort that out for you no problem at all regardless of where you bought it.

In the UK, Sony has an online store and they also have their own chain of retail stores. Incidentally in my experience, there are the best place to go to if you need any help or support with a Sony product, the store will sort that out for you no problem at all regardless of where you bought it.

that was a big plus for the Microsoft stores as well :(

Comparing sales number right now is meaningless because they are supply constrained - of course it is obvious that in Europe PS will sell more as even Xbox 360 could not change that. And later it will be odd to compare it because with XCloud people might not even buy consoles.

Personally I would compare with GamePass metric (+ some additional % on those who do not own it) - granted on Xbox it is a very popular option with 70% attach rate or something. GamePass will encompass Xbox, PC and mobile so as a metric it is not the same as consoles, but at the same time comparing just to PS sales is not fair because people has other options aside buying a box.

I don't remember hearing any official numbers, but it seems from local news that Sony has sold up to 2.5M units in the US in one day (launch).

They specifically said "US" and "in 1 day". Also PS5 was not released worldwide, Europe was the week after

I believe during the first or second week of January Sony will more than likely release their official launch and holiday numbers. So anything up to this point is simply unofficial.

NSW shows no signs of sales slowing in the near future.

For the full year, the Switch has sold 6.92 million units in the US so far -- already more than were sold in all of 2019 with one month in the calendar year remaining.

That's pretty amazing for a console that some expected to fail. :) I'm thinking 2-3 million units sold for Dec. NPD.

In 2019 NSW shipped 10.81 million units worldwide for Oct., Nov. and Dec. I'm thinking they might hit somewhere between 13-17 million units worldwide for the same 3 month period this year.

Regards,
SB

This is for the two title the sales a little bit after 1 year. 10 millions after two years for HZD

EpqX9qpXMAI4i-9

Impressive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back