CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

I haven't tried photomode. Just hitting print screen is already impressive enough! So far about 20 hours into it. Enjoying the variety in combat. With a good strategy, even at level 16, i can take down level 22+ people. I'm a glass cannon so I have to get the drop on them and move carefully. The graphics, audio and atmosphere continue to amaze me still.

A few things I don't like:
- Items being level locked. If I took the time to beating much higher level goons than me, there's no real reward for it. The items are level locked
- Inventory management still is a chore. So much 'junk' and having to deal with it or break it down (i know the perk) and then the whole sell vs keep. Having reset my ordering preference each time in the inventory menu

Last edited:
uh...... turns out the awesome "eating" on a stall on the roadside in the intro mission was a bloody fakery. I was fooled! In the game, you CANNOT eat on those stall, on anywhere!!!

I also finally encounter the dumb NPCs.

A guy was being harassed for money. I killed the bad guy and his goons. WHat happen next?

The guy being harrased is crouching, AFRAID OF ME. While other NPCs are doing their own routine like nothing happened.

uh...... turns out the awesome "eating" on a stall on the roadside in the intro mission was a bloody fakery. I was fooled! In the game, you CANNOT eat on those stall, on anywhere!!!

I also finally encounter the dumb NPCs.

A guy was being harassed for money. I killed the bad guy and his goons. WHat happen next?

The guy being harrased is crouching, AFRAID OF ME. While other NPCs are doing their own routine like nothing happened.

Be honest, before you tried eating at the stall or interfere with the NPCs the game was pure magic, right?

http://c0de517e.blogspot.com/2020/12/hallucinations-re-rendering-of.html

A dev did a partial analysis of Cyberpunk 2077 using Renderdoc

What does he mean by this?:

"We don't see the crazy amount of buffers of say, Suckerpunch's PS4 launch Spiderman, nor complex bit-packing and re-interpretation of channels."

Referring to Insomniac's Miles Morales for PS5? I'd be interested to know how it differs from Cyberpunk 2077 and if the rendering for MM has complexities not seen here.

The test of console latency is over 6 years old and doesn't show any of the improvements made by Microsoft with the new controllers on the new Series consoles. Firmware for older controllers will be released sometime in 2021to feature DLI too.

Ek3o8sMXgAEjPxj___Copy.jpg

About time...the lag before that was horribad...how anyone couald game on consols before that is a mystery to me.
Now they just need to fix controller fidelity so auto-aim can be a thing of the past.
But that is not possible I think...due to the input methong of controllers.

What does he mean by this?:

"We don't see the crazy amount of buffers of say, Suckerpunch's PS4 launch Spiderman, nor complex bit-packing and re-interpretation of channels."

Referring to Insomniac's Miles Morales for PS5? I'd be interested to know how it differs from Cyberpunk 2077 and if the rendering for MM has complexities not seen here.

I think he confuses Spiderman and Infamous Second Son. Infamous have a very big Gbuffer. He just say the Gbuffer of the game is a classic nothing exotic like Infamous.

Last edited:
Be honest, before you tried eating at the stall or interfere with the NPCs the game was pure magic, right?

I already suspect most of the "simulation", "world", and "freedom" was fake. But I didn't expect for them to fake the restaurant thing, and fill the world with ridiculously basic NPC logic...

They already have the code and animation for sitting! For drinking! Why not wrap them into a group of code that can be simply called when I buy drinks / food from a stall?

Hmm, goldmine for modders then.

Btw,
I just read people complaining the 3 life choises in the beginning was also fake.

Some story things also didn't line up, and there's missing scenes.

I'm started to think CDPR must has been pulled a bungie/destiny with cyberpunk.

Edit:

I just reached the robot sex thing. Dunno robots or hologram... I just registered on the receptionist, and walked thru the door...

The people there are HOSTILE to me for no reason wtf... I'll just use infinite health cheat or something and rush to the checkpoint marker...

They should have taken more time to release the game, even on pc. Performance and glitches could have been better on all platforms. its a very ambitious game. Perhaps, skipped the 2013 consoles since the sacrifices might not be worth it.

that's investors fault, devs told them the game need a few more months of polish, they did not listen.
I'm sure CDPR will bring base consoles versions to a playable state in a few months. Too bad that greedy men's decisions brought devs bad publicity.

reminds me of this:

that's investors fault, devs told them the game need a few more months of polish, they did not listen.
I'm sure CDPR will bring base consoles versions to a playable state in a few months. Too bad that greedy men's decisions brought devs bad publicity.

reminds me of this:

npc ai, police teleporting and enormous number of bugs even on pc thats on developers

I don't know about how game sales work for cdpr but ideally they would have done open alpha/beta for pc folks who already bought this game. Final release for all platforms at same time sometime during 2021. Open alpha has worked great for larian. But perhaps cdpr were worried about spoilers/lost sales/whatever. Open alpha/beta could have been with limited content instead of full game. CDPR probably was under tremendous financial pressure as they are publically traded company.

Have you tried the ncpd blue Quests? The goons killed me in just 2 hits, hacking them also need ridiculous amounts of ram sticks.

I play on normal. Main campaign is a breeze

Yeah,but they are optional not part of the main history and you cannot rush into the enemies. you have to plan your approach, use hacks to ping/blind enemies, devices to distract them, fight them one by one. if you do it right, they become easy.

I also think this sensation is "easiness" is the lack of bosses, like wtf? where are the bosses in this game? you fight like 3, maybe 4 and that's it.

For pc players nexus mods have a ton of mods for this game
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077?tab=popular+(all+time)

But there's still no mods to make Judy straight :(.

I already suspect most of the "simulation", "world", and "freedom" was fake. But I didn't expect for them to fake the restaurant thing, and fill the world with ridiculously basic NPC logic...

They already have the code and animation for sitting! For drinking! Why not wrap them into a group of code that can be simply called when I buy drinks / food from a stall?

Hmm, goldmine for modders then.

Btw,
I just read people complaining the 3 life choises in the beginning was also fake.

Some story things also didn't line up, and there's missing scenes.

I'm started to think CDPR must has been pulled a bungie/destiny with cyberpunk.

I think when they realize they wouldn't be able to get the 2020 realize they started to cut corners to be able to deliver the game in time. The bases are all there, they just didn't develop them enough.

Edit:

I just reached the robot sex thing. Dunno robots or hologram... I just registered on the receptionist, and walked thru the door...

The people there are HOSTILE to me for no reason wtf... I'll just use infinite health cheat or something and rush to the checkpoint marker...

Did you left your weapon on the machine before entering?

Hm, try to search for 'fafalada', he was a actual PS2 dev commenting and praising the platform alot, but also describing it weaknesses. Many devs took part in discussions back then here. The usual console wars existed too but, intresting (and fun) reads still.

From what we have seen, quite far from it. Then again, UE5 was just that, a tech demo, without any game logic and quite barebones. Its a quick demo to showoff the new UE5 engine, all for marketing purposes for EPIC.

Will do; I see them post sometimes on Era in certain tech-focused things there, too.

For the UE5 stuff, it's true that it's really more a tech demo than anything, not a lot (if any) game logic being processed and the such. For time-constraint and financial reasons there probably won't be anything but the most marquee of 1P games (or GTA6) able to take the time for detailed assets the way that demo did it. Even then, that asset quality can't really be done in real-time once all types of game logic has to be processed in tandem.

But Rift Apart, it may not match near the demo's level of fine detail, but the fluidity is in league of it, at least from seeing it in motion. If you break it and the demo down to focus on technical comparisons between the two the differences would be more clear, but in motion (at least to me) a lot of that seems diminished and that's owing to the talent of the game's artists and animators, working well with the hardware.

I hope at least that level of fidelity is more commonplace throughout the gen as a whole.

The demo was Epic's doing rather than Sony. Demod like this are cool but you can't just conjure them out of nowhere unless you have an in-house studio with an unannounced game leveraging cutting-edge tech that you can blow everybody away with. Sony didn't have anything like this either ;-)

That's true, and Epic has a history of doing their demos on Sony platforms going back to PS2. Still though, MS has a lot of 1P teams that dev on Unreal, did it never cross their mind to get into talks with Epic a couple years back and craft up a demo to showcase their next-gen systems?

I'm really curious what exactly MS was doing in 2018-2019 outside of buying/setting up/expanding studios and working on Series hardware with AMD. It's not like they aren't big enough to do multiple things simultaneously, ensuring some kind of demo (that could be seen as pseudo-gameplay, running on some kind of Series X devkit revision) should've been a focus for them to have ready.

As good as the Hellblade II demo was, it got (and continues to get) confused for a CG cinematic, it not running on a Series X devkit just exacerbating that. But regardless, kind of water under the bridge at this point.

reminds me of this:

They also aren't helping themselves with some of their recent events, either. I didn't think CP2077'd end up being the biggest gaming controversy of the year, but it's somehow managed to do it.

I don't know how they go about making things right from here on. Maybe make the first planned DLC free of charge as a sign of good faith to gamers? Maybe tie in some discounts for games on GOG? Ensure that people who bought it on PS4 can upgrade to the PS5 version for free (only saying this because I'm not sure if they already offer this like they do for Xbox players who can upgrade to Series versions for free)? All of the above?

Hope they can repair any reputation damage that's taken place.

no man's sky devs turned things around for the better, CDPR could do the same, let's give them some more time and we'll see.
But i must say even in this unfinished state on PS5 (PS4 Pro) i'm still enjoying it and love exploring the city they created, even if, of course, it's very far from perfect.
though if i was playing on base PS4 i would not be happy !

Back