CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

LOL i just vacuumed my PC YESTERDAY (temp goes down from 80c to 60c in cyberpunk) and now look what i found.... Cleverly deliberately placing its tail right on CPU FAN.
Funny, I did the same yesterday after replacing my radiator fans. When cleaning I noticed a removable intake air case filter located under the PSU. I had completely forgot it was there and was completely clogged with "caked" dust particles that required a bit more simple vacuuming.

I think people are too harsh. Seems the game runs fairly well on PC and the new consoles. It's only the old first versions of the last gen consoles that really suffer.
i think i understand why cars feels weird to drive. They incorrectly put the rotation axis in the MIDDLE of the car model instead of between rear tires.

You mean the front tires?

Agreed, this is a next gen title...consoles are not "cutting egde".
At least we avoided the downgrade (like in the Witcher 3) because of inferior console hardware.

This time they made the right choice...let the PC fly, not restricted by consoles.

Yes this has been said a million times all over the internets. Even PS5/XSX would be restricting things alot (aside from SSD capabilities). Create game for PC, then downscale to PS5/Xbox, and forget about 2013/2016 consoles. Atleast things can be downscaled to next gen, not to last.

i think i understand why cars feels weird to drive. They incorrectly put the rotation axis in the MIDDLE of the car model instead of between rear tires.
They definitely feel off. Not bad exactly but off. You don't feel like there are four tyres touching the ground. They could have just made everything a "hover car" and skirted the issue. The city is great to drive around though, so I do hope they revisit the vehicle physics but I'm not optimistic.

They definitely feel off. Not bad exactly but off. You don't feel like there are four tyres touching the ground. They could have just made everything a "hover car" and skirted the issue. The city is great to drive around though, so I do hope they revisit the vehicle physics but I'm not optimistic.

The Witcher 3 got patch after patch after patch...it was quite buggy at launch to.
CDPR's track record of patching is stuff is good.

This is the patch list for The Witcher 3:

Patch 1.01 (The Witcher 3) May 2015
Patch 1.03 (The Witcher 3)
Patch 1.04 (The Witcher 3)
Patch 1.05 (The Witcher 3)
Patch 1.06 (The Witcher 3)
Patch 1.07 (The Witcher 3)
Patch 1.08 (The Witcher 3)
Patch 1.08.1 (The Witcher 3)
Patch 1.08.2 (The Witcher 3)
Patch 1.10 (The Witcher 3)
Patch 1.11 (The Witcher 3)
Patch 1.12 (The Witcher 3)
Patch 1.12.1 (The Witcher 3)
Patch 1.20 (The Witcher 3)
Patch 1.22 (The Witcher 3)
Patch 1.24 (The Witcher 3)
Patch 1.30 (The Witcher 3)
Patch 1.31 (The Witcher 3)
Patch 1.32 (The Witcher 3)
Patch 1.50 (The Witcher 3)
Patch 1.51 (The Witcher 3)
Patch 1.60 (The Witcher 3)
Patch 1.61 (The Witcher 3)
Patch 1.62 (The Witcher 3) May 2018.

3 years of patching and 2 DLC's.

CyberPunk 2077 will get the same "love" IMHO.

Driving btw seems fine to me...but then again I do everthing in first person...third person is not my thing, I can live with it...do you drive in third person?

Stadia suffers from input lag, Stadia (streaming gaming) is no competition for the PC...it is a competitor for the consoles (which also suffers from control-lag (and I.Q. issues too)) IMHO.
I'm referring to the patching. Stadia is getting one patch from CDPR then no further support.

Stadia suffers from input lag, Stadia (streaming gaming) is no competition for the PC...it is a competitor for the consoles (which also suffers from control-lag (and I.Q. issues too)) IMHO.

Its no competitor to either. The control input lag on consoles isnt really noticable unless you go hardcore CoD MP with kb/m on them, which 99% of console users wont do anyway. On stadia, input lag is always noticable even with controller or controller friendly games.

Stadia or streaming in general might replace consoles but thats atleast a generation aside from this one away if anything. It might gain market share, taking a piece of the console share cake, but kill it completely? Thats far away. PC (be it apple hardware or whatever) probably will exist longer or forever, since theres always a demand for local processing power, and their not gaming-only devices, there where is hardware will exist games on it. Though streaming might or will take away from the cake there too. For now and the foreseeable future, its a non-treath to either console or pc gaming.

Image quality is a non-issue on consoles imo, its nowhere near stadia's drop in IQ. Console players arent as obsessed with perfect IQ either like we pc gamers are. They have come a long way, booting up demon souls the image quality is as good as it can get i think, sharp and consistent at native 4k.

Image quality is a non-issue on consoles imo, its nowhere near stadia's drop in IQ
First picture I could find with stadia comparrison, so not 100% sure if its truly the case
BqkUVtp.jpeg

Stadia looks better than series X here (see the writing on the signs its easier to read)
In image quality theres no way that the ps4/Xbox onx are better than stadia (with a decent internet connection)

Lag really depends on network connectivity and how close data center is. I get very low lag for geforce now. It's so good that lag isn't issue for me when comparing something like cp2077 local vs. cloud. What kills it for me though is bandwidth needed and data caps. I only get super blurry 720p. I don't see any reason why stadia couldn't be low enough lag.

What kills stadia for me is google's history of killing services. If google kills stadia one would lose all the content. I rather bank on something I can keep using on desktop pc if service is killed.

First picture I could find with stadia comparrison, so not 100% sure if its truly the case
BqkUVtp.jpeg

Stadia looks better than series X here (see the writing on the signs its easier to read)
In image quality theres no way that the ps4/Xbox onx are better than stadia (with a decent internet connection)

Hm didnt expect that one. Not either seen CP2077 comparisons either, but the IQ on consoles regarding 2077 is a mess to begin with. Is it an outlier where stadia offers better IQ?

BqkUVtp.jpeg

Judging by the pictures its PC, Stadia, PS5 and XBSX for image quality. However, XBSX and PC aren't looking like ghost towns when compared to Stadia and PS5. So the higher image quality by Stadia and PS5 are more than likely the result of less NPCs and traffic.

... made it to the scene where i do that 'Brain Dance'. It took me hours to get there, and it all was just talking til yet. So, is that some introduction? Does the 'game' start soon after that, or does it remain focused on story telling?

The Witcher 3 got patch after patch after patch...it was quite buggy at launch to.
CDPR's track record of patching is stuff is good.
Agreed but it was a long while before they began to change game system. A lot of people didn't like the controls for Geralt in Witcher 3 but a second control scheme took a long time to come along. They also never completely patched out Roach from climbing onto roofs! ;)

Driving btw seems fine to me...but then again I do everthing in first person...third person is not my thing, I can live with it...do you drive in third person?

I also didn't notice it as much in first person, especially in the default car and motorcycle - it varies depending on the vehicle and I think third person amplifies the disconnect. I think @orangpelupa may be on to something with his analysis because it does feel like the point of traction isn't in the tyres. Get in a car, switch to third person and do a sharp turn - non-hover cars shouldn't turn like that! It is a minor aspect though but because of the handling I've avoided certain optional-car-based missions.

... made it to the scene where i do that 'Brain Dance'. It took me hours to get there, and it all was just talking til yet. So, is that some introduction? Does the 'game' start soon after that, or does it remain focused on story telling?

Sorry dude. Doom Eternal is that way. That was great storytelling. If you are not feeling it this game isnt for you.

Back