CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

They shouldnt have released it on the 2013 consoles. The game clearly is too ambitious for that.
I wonder, did they play the ps4 version, looked and experienced the graphics or lack thereof and said ’yea that will do’

Of course, but the penalty (loss of gamer cred, short term and maybe even long term) for doing it is probably less sever than the penalty for not doing it (management bonus payments, stock price, investors etc) when you look at from a financial point of view.

This is corpo :LOL:

0cOag9F.jpg

Dunno how they've managed to make him look less like an Android.

Of course, but the penalty (loss of gamer cred, short term and maybe even long term) for doing it is probably less sever than the penalty for not doing it (management bonus payments, stock price, investors etc) when you look at from a financial point of view.
Me and my son have been arguing that for days, or actually discussing is a better word since we're not really in disagreement. He wanted to know how much longer it would have took for it to come out bug free and performing well, I asked him how long does it take to make a great painting or a sculpture. You don't know, you can't know until it's done. Yeah, you can have a schedule but stuff happens and people ALWAYS underestimate because the people estimating aren't the people actually making the games...they're the managers who have to balance the workers against shareholders/PR/customers and it gets awful sticky. We both agree that the current system is messed up terribly and hurting a lot of good programmers as well as under delivering regularly on the hype.

I think companies start the hype too soon and promise too much too early, they need to talk/work with the actual programmers to let them have input on it, and PEOPLE NEED TO QUIT PREORDERING!

Let them know you won't put up any money until you see the product, it just makes sense on so many levels! How many times you have to get burned to learn that?

That said, I actually like Cyberpunk 2077. I hadn't read/scene any of the hype for it and had no clue about the story going in so I had no real expectations. I'm running on basically the required hardware and it don't look bad considering that. Most importantly, I think there is a good game in the pile of glitches and bugs that I hope they bring out. At least RED seems cool about refunds and such as well as bonuses, but I still do not understand how games can just arbitrarily pick release dates and hope/push/beat the programmers in to reaching it.

Yes, I'd rather they delayed releasing it until it works. I get why they did what they did, but they backed themselves into the corner all by themselves with their deadlines. :(

Agree 100% with this review. The more I play the less interested I'm in the game and the world. Don't get me wrong it's a good game, but it's step back from the Witcher series.

Good thing modders exist and maybe it can go the NMS way.

I haven't really found the game to be all that buggy so far. I only have about 5 hours on it but I don't recall anything seeming broken. I even think it actually runs pretty well on my 1080/1080Ti + 7600K/8600K boxes. Every big game that gets released tends to get torn apart in a critical clickbait social extravaganza on the internet these days.

I didn't follow the hype. I just saw the teaser trailer years ago and watched some of a Youtube LP before buying it. I stopped following game hype after the Bethesda/Oblivion bullshit spectacle.

Last edited:
Yeah the bugs I experienced was not game breaking. I haven't even got a single crash.

This game is less buggy than skyrim. But have more performance issues.

But what if they sell out of downloads! ;)

You joked but there's a game where it sell out of downloads : P. T..

Edit : and drive club bikes, followed by drive club, and drive club vr

Out of curiosity I launched CP2077 on my laptop and was very positively surprised by it's performance.
1920x1080 fixed
Everything maxed out apart from screen space reflections which were left on High (not Psycho).
RayTracing on maximum (that included Psycho setting)
DLSS Quality and turned off Film Grain as it looks bad with DLSS.

Most of the time fluid experience (FreeSync 120Hz panel in my ASUS TUF laptop)
All that ran on Ryzen 3750H, 16GB RAM and mobile RTX 2060 6GB :)

As for the game, again, played 3h today, not a single crash, not a single game breaking bug ... PC version really is nothing like base console one.
I found a secret room within Arasaka memorial museum, nice touch ;)
Mission for Ai TAXI company has a nice twist at the end (well known game reference)!
Lots of little secrets here and there with either good loot or nice graffiti or other stuff.

On a negative side, today I've seen one NPC in T pose and I glitched while riding a bike.

I fully enjoy this game, even without RT when I play on my Radeon, draws me much more than RDR2 which I stopped playing 2 months ago and haven't found time to pick it up again.
My score after 20h of game play would be a strong 8/10 overlay and if not for minor bugs and Ai issues I would give it a 10/10. Keep in mind RPG is one of my favourite genres and I've played every DeusEx game there is, apart from mobile version.

As for base console situation, it's not great, but I don't get people calling for cancelling this title completely on them. I for one would like to have a choice of playing it on under-performing system instead of not playing at all. Obviously, state of this game for old gen. should be communicated much better than it was.
On one hand, PC and next-gen console players are getting a taste of what future can bring from visual and sound perspective, for which I'm very glad. On another hand there was no chance of making this game look and perform as good as what was shown in trailers, but a lot of gamers don't understand that.
If I was in charge, I would make it my priority to show the worst common denominator and only after that message was out and understood, I would tease high end or next gen. footage. That way people would understand the differences and benefits of selecting PC/Next Gen version, saving a lot of backlash and complains. This is assuming the game would release in a much better shape, almost bug free to start with.

Anyway, to every console player, I wish you get PS5 or XBOX Series X for Christmas so you can enjoy this game in its current state, but playable, and that Next-Gen patch comes out very early next year!

The game maxed all out with RT at a higher resolution, in special above 30 is that next gen leap. I want a 3090 but.... next year, after the summer maybe whatever nv (or amd) come up with.

In about 10hrs, I had 2 bugs. One was dialogue not advancing which was fixed by restarting the game. The other was being stuck because I managed to get into an area I shouldn’t have. Rest has been smooth. PC version.

Last edited:
They shouldnt have released it on the 2013 consoles. The game clearly is too ambitious for that.
I wonder, did they play the ps4 version, looked and experienced the graphics or lack thereof and said ’yea that will do’

Agreed, this is a next gen title...consoles are not "cutting egde".
At least we avoided the downgrade (like in the Witcher 3) because of inferior console hardware.

This time they made the right choice...let the PC fly, not restricted by consoles.

Back