CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

People act like performance issues are only problem when the game shipped outright broken.

Stop making excuses for scum upper management.

Its not looking good when even the local news stations are talking about CDPR's mess. I like CDPR's work, but not giving mainstream gaming outlets and reviewers console keys before the game launch was definitely a scummy move in many ways.

I do understand the frustration from people who purchased Cyberpunk 2077 and are dealing with pretty massive performance issues. I'm certainly not a fan of how they hid the base consoles from review prior to the games release, but people need to start speaking with their wallets. If you're unhappy with your purchase get a refund. No one is forcing people to buy this game in it's current state. This like pretty much every game released these days will be a better purchase when multiple patches have come out to fix performance and other issues. It will never happen but if people didn't except this type of thing and refused to purchase games that are clearly not in a finished state then games would stop being published in an unfinished state.

[*]17 minutes in, as one of the developers is finishing up answering a question about what they will do to fix the game on last gen consoles, he tells the investor to not expect any graphical or game system type changes, as their only intent is to make the game playable from start to finish without crashing on last gen.

If that holds, then refunds should be extended to everyone who purchased the game for base consoles (not sure how someone could prove that). Additionally, all physical copies of the game should be recalled and a warning label affixed to the box stating that it doesn't function on Xbox One, Xbox One S, and Playstation 4.

I do understand the frustration from people who purchased Cyberpunk 2077 and are dealing with pretty massive performance issues. I'm certainly not a fan of how they hid the base consoles from review prior to the games release, but people need to start speaking with their wallets. If you're unhappy with your purchase get a refund. No one is forcing people to buy this game in it's current state. This like pretty much every game released these days will be a better purchase when multiple patches have come out to fix performance and other issues. It will never happen but if people didn't except this type of thing and refused to purchase games that are clearly not in a finished state then games would stop being published in an unfinished state.

That might be part of the problem. Sony and Microsoft haven't officially sanctioned a "no problems asked" and extended return for CP 2077, and their current return policies aren't working for everyone in a universal or unified manner. CDPR just simply fucked up... but its good they didn't simply take the EA approach and pretend nothing is happening.

I can easily see people having played CyberPunk 2077 more than 2 hours, which puts them outside the automatic self-service refund procedure that Microsoft has in place.

I can easily see people having played CyberPunk 2077 more than 2 hours, which puts them outside the automatic self-service refund procedure that Microsoft has in place.
Right that's rough and not a policy of CDPR so not exactly their fault.

If you are not happy with what you bought you should ask for a refund. It is the only way CDPR, Sony/MS, investors etc will try to avoid doing this again in the future.

As for free nextgen upgrade, again refund now and buy again when its available, if not you just give them an interest free loan. There is no guarantee that the free update will not be equally bad or that CDPR goes bust (unlikely i think) before it comes.

Last edited:
They shouldnt have released it on the 2013 consoles. The game clearly is too ambitious for that.
I wonder, did they play the ps4 version, looked and experienced the graphics or lack thereof and said ’yea that will do’

Reactions: HLJ
@Shortbread - excellent work and summary, man. :yep2:

If you afe not happy with what you bought you should ask for a refund. It is the only way CDPR, Sony/MS, investors etc will try avoid doing this again in the future.

This does not in any way excuse what CDPR did here, but gamers need to stop pre-ordering games they have not even seen run on their platform. The week the game was released should have made everybody stop and think about pre-ordering, or cancel any pre-order. That Monday of launch week where all reviews said: we only have PC code and can only show footage provided by CDPR and not anything we captured ourselves should have tipped off everybody that this game was going in super hot.

I was always undecided about which platform I'd get the game for but waited for the PC reviews and tons of PS4/PS5 leaked footage. Only then did I think I'd take a punt on the PS4 version because running on PS5 it looked pretty good. Bugs sure, but Witcher 3 was a bugfest at launch and I enjoyed the heck out of that. And I'm enjoying Cyberpunk even more.

edit: missing word.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is corpo :LOL:

0cOag9F.jpg

Back