Nvidia giving free GPU samples to reviewers that follow procedure

Are these articles written by 18 year old's?
Why are they stating the obvious like it is a revelation...
I can only assume that either this is written by someone with the memory of a goldfish, or that they just were not born when real time 3d graphics started their evolution 20+ years ago.

Steve wrote about the 500 hours of benchmarking he did for his Techspot Cyberpunk article - which I read until the end only to discover there were no scores for, nor any discussion of, the title’s ray tracing or DLSS support.

It did provide valuable information about the 5500XT’s 4K performance, though (8 - 15 FPS, depending on quality preset). It was probably very interesting to someone that only 6 of the 25 tested cards broke 30 FPS in that res.

But me I was mostly left wondering.. PC Cyberpunk without RT? Who on earth gives the slightest fk? So I just went back to DF to try and find something that had a sense of joy and awe to impart about this fabulous industry.

Yeah, I agree with some of the posts here. I can see why Nvidia might not care for Steve/HU’s priorities either.

Steve wrote about the 500 hours of benchmarking he did for his Techspot Cyberpunk article - which I read until the end only to discover there were no scores for, nor any discussion of, the title’s ray tracing or DLSS support.

It did provide valuable information about the 5500XT’s 4K performance, though (8 - 15 FPS, depending on quality preset). It was probably very interesting to someone that only 6 of the 25 tested cards broke 30 FPS in that res.

But me I was mostly left wondering.. PC Cyberpunk without RT? Who on earth gives the slightest fk? So I just went back to DF to try and find something that had a sense of joy and awe to impart about this fabulous industry.

Yeah, I agree with some of the posts here. I can see why Nvidia might not care for Steve/HU’s priorities either.
You mean this article? Or maybe you mean this one, where in the 4th paragraph he says expect a detailed look at all things RT and DLSS in the coming days(literally the very next day, 2 days before you made this absurd post). Are people just looking for reasons to love Nvidia?

As for who cares about Cyberpunk without RT, I'd say the 95%+ of people who will be playing it without RT.

Last edited:
You mean this article? Or maybe you mean this one, where in the 4th paragraph he says expect a detailed look at all things RT and DLSS in the coming days(literally the very next days, 2 days before you made this absurd post).

I mentioned Steve Walton twice. How is it unclear to you which article I was referring to?

Are people just looking for reasons to love Nvidia?

I’ve seen that Nvidia vs AMD is a topic that is very dear to your heart but I don’t see how that question relates to my post.

As for who cares about Cyberpunk without RT, I'd say the 95%+ of people who will be playing it without RT.

Playful exaggeration, my friend. I’m sure it hadn’t escaped your notice that ray tracing is something of a marquee feature for the title, even if downplaying it has been a common theme in the messaging from red team’s passionate base.

I would still like to find out how does a hardware vendor writes such an email speaking for all gamers.

It's nice to see the channel simply move on, but it's a bit scary that someone else, more dependant on day one reviews, might have cracked under the pressure.

The same as a channel can speak for every gamer?
Still find it interessting that HBU bias against Raytracing and DLSS is for most acceptable...

He didn't mention AMD once; you did. The fact that you think if someone says they are looking for ways or reasons to love nVidia automatically puts them in the AMD camp says more about you than about them.

I just don't know why you would butt in if you're unfamiliar with the larger body of techuse's contributions to the forum.

Actually, never mind. I can see why.

The same as a channel can speak for every gamer?
Still find it interessting that HBU bias against Raytracing and DLSS is for most acceptable...
Where exactly did HUB claim they speak for every gamer? At most, they speak for their audience, which according to polls don't see RT that important at this moment either.

Where exactly in their coverage have they exhibited anything that would suggest any bias against those technologies? No, still valuing rasterization higher at this time is not bias against RT and DLSS, and heck, NVIDIA even uses quote from Hardware Unboxed praising DLSS on their page.

Where exactly did HUB claim they speak for every gamer? At most, they speak for their audience, which according to polls don't see RT that important at this moment either.

Of course you can argue which games are "more important" in the list. But we are reviewing for a general audience with a wide range of use cases. What you play is not always what others play. And you have all the data in the review to make a buying decision for your use case

And "Speaking for their audience" makes this channel a club, huh? Doesnt sound very neutral and fair. What is with new viewers finding their reviews through google and youtube searches?

Where exactly in their coverage have they exhibited anything that would suggest any bias against those technologies? No, still valuing rasterization higher at this time is not bias against RT and DLSS, and heck, NVIDIA even uses quote from Hardware Unboxed praising DLSS on their page.

I linked to the 6800XT review. HUB has called better raytracing support and DLSS "questionable features" and "no mayor selling point".

And "Speaking for their audience" makes this channel a club, huh? Doesnt sound very neutral and fair.

What do you base this on? In case it is that tweet, please note that reviewing for a general audience is quite different from speaking for them.

I have watched several of their videos and to me they seem very careful to designate their opinions. For example, when saying taking a RT performance hit is not worth it, they add "in our opinion".

I linked to the 6800XT review. HUB has called better raytracing support and DLSS "questionable features" and "no mayor selling point".

First, deal with it.
Second, since the broader text is more nuanced, IMHO this is very dishonest quote mining on your side.

And "Speaking for their audience" makes this channel a club, huh? Doesnt sound very neutral and fair. What is with new viewers finding their reviews through google and youtube searches?
I said "at most they speak for their audience" as in that's the most they could claim to speak for. That's different from them claiming or doing such.

But those tweets have absolutely nothing to do with what you said, HBU is saying they're doing their reviews for general audience, not that they speak for gamers or even that general audience. Two completely different things.

Questionable how? Give the context, as it's been suggested that's quite dirty quote mining.
"No major (not mayor, they run cities) selling point" is a fair statement for anyone to make at this time with how few games actually use them and even more so due the performance hit it still causes.
You don't need to agree with them and you can have different priorities, but that doesn't mean they're biased against those techs. Bias means unfair prejudice, which they clearly don't have when you look the bigger picture than two out of context quotes.

ps. again, they've praised DLSS to the point where NVIDIA themselves quote HUB on their DLSS page.

I would still like to find out how does a hardware vendor writes such an email speaking for all gamers.

It's nice to see the channel simply move on, but it's a bit scary that someone else, more dependant on day one reviews, might have cracked under the pressure.

This is pure speculation on my part but they probably got away with it with smaller channel(s) that they acted the same.

Back