CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

Am I missing something? Isn't this the console thread for this game? Most of the recent posts in this thread is about the PC version, which really seems to make this thread rather muddy and confusing, as the state of the PC version certainly did not translate to the general state of the console versions.

Anyway, while the game is visually unimpressive most of the time on the Xbox Series X, the game is very playable, with framerates mostly stable on my VRR enabled LG C9 screen.
And the game itself, fortunately, is one of the better I've tried in many years. Top shelf stuff.

I just wish the developers would've waited with their console releases and possibly drop the last gen versions, as they are mostly unplayable (going by DFs analysis). Even CDPR admits to the shoddy release state of the console versions.

Last edited:
CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, PS4, PC, XBSX|S, PS5]”

Thread title covers all platform releases. But yeah, a sharp focus on next gen consoles and dropping older gen would have led to a smoother launch and reputation.

CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, PS4, PC, XBSX|S, PS5]”

Thread title covers all platform releases.

Thread title or not, this is the Console Gaming section.

I think the discussion would benefit greatly if we separated the PC and console discussion, as PC / console specific information and experiences can be tough to filter out. Just a thought. There is a PC Gaming section in the forum, after all.

Awesome shots @RobertR1 definitely a game worth upgrading for. I finished yesterday a couple of missions but I feel I'll wait until the game is a bit more polished, right now I don't have the feel is real semi open world RPG. Hopefully it will improve with Jan/Feb patches just in time for a new rig.

I not too bothered about playing Cyberpunk yet, but tbh, the lower fidelity current gen version is really tempting. There's something appealing about hardware stretching beyond it's limits. Formative years of Spectrums, Amigas and underpowered PCs have clearly damaged my brain. :)

After lying during an official conference that the last gen version was even above their expectations now CDP admits that they didn't even game any attention to u on PC (and their Nvidia partnership) and bet on the good will of everyone to wait and hope that maybe, maybe they could fix those versions in the months to come.

How fast and how far they fallen.

How fast and how far they fallen.

As if Witcher 3 was some technical masterpiece. I think the game is performing exactly how Witcher 3 would perform if it was on Wii U, PS3 and 360..

whoa! i just reached the scene where everything glitched out! On top of that, the physics was glitching and trash flying like mad. Immersion x9000 lol.

When you play the game, just imagine that in universe: it is a simulation of the game world.
After a few months/patches you don't play the simulation of the game anymore, but just the actual game.

People and reviewers are way too hard on this game. If it was made by Bethesda, it would be their most stable game ever for example

After lying during an official conference that the last gen version was even above their expectations now CDP admits that they didn't even game any attention to u on PC (and their Nvidia partnership) and bet on the good will of everyone to wait and hope that maybe, maybe they could fix those versions in the months to come. How fast and how far they fallen.

Have a look a their last few investor calls. I don't know but it feels like the team did not want to the release the game but were under pressure to do so from the people who represent the shareholders who own the company. I'm not sure what you do in that situation. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Right now they have lost a lot of good will, but will it endure? Look at all the ire at Sony and their refusal to allow cross-platform play. Nobody cares now.

As if Witcher 3 was some technical masterpiece. I think the game is performing exactly how Witcher 3 would perform if it was on Wii U, PS3 and 360..

When you play the game, just imagine that in universe: it is a simulation of the game world.
After a few months/patches you don't play the simulation of the game anymore, but just the actual game.

People and reviewers are way too hard on this game. If it was made by Bethesda, it would be their most stable game ever for example

CDProjekt attitude is THE problem. It would have been ok if they showed the games and let reviewer do their job and did not lie to shareholder, investor and analyst about the state of the game on PS4 and Xbox One.

Someone asked on shareholder call about the PS4 and Xbox One version and they lied.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/43...i-on-q3-2020-results-earnings-call-transcript

But as last week’s footage of the game from both the PS4 and Xbox One show, it doesn’t just run well on these consoles, it manages to look good too. According to CD Projekt Red joint-CEO Adam Kicinski, this performance didn’t just meet expectations but was somewhat of a surprise.

Speaking during a conference call, and transcribed by Seeking Alpha, Kicinski answered a question regarding the game’s performance on these consoles. “Of course,” said Kicinski, “a bit lower than on pros, but surprisingly good, I would say for such a huge world. So, bit lower, but very good.”
Kicinski chalked this surprising performance up to the period of time afforded to the game’s development team by the last delay. “I mean, we had those extra three weeks and we achieved a lot by — within this final stretch,” said Kicinski. “So, we believe that the game is performing great on every platform.”

And now they give false hope to people about refund and told the truth during investor call.

EDIT:
A french youtuber give a good and simple talk about the CDprojekt situation. How destroy confidence of consumer earns after years of good practices in a few months?

Last edited:
As if Witcher 3 was some technical masterpiece. I think the game is performing exactly how Witcher 3 would perform if it was on Wii U, PS3 and 360.
I don't know, seeing how Witcher 3 runs on Switch, knowing Switch has a a more modern GPU in feature set and many performance metrics, and 4x the RAM, I doubt Witcher 3 would run at anything considered playable on PS3 or 360. WiiU maybe, because it has more memory and a better GPU, but I think you would be held back by CPU in that case as well. In just fill rate, switch is like 50% higher than PS3 isn't it? And that's in portable mode. But still manages only 540p or something in that mode.

XBO/PS4 Cyberpunk runs like a 360/PS3 GTA game, outside of the broken base Xbox One version. That's the version that's a true disappointment. I don't know what everyone else expected out of last generations Cyberpunk, but the OneX and PS4Pro versions are exactly what I thought they would be, and based on those the base PS4 is also where I thought it would be. I also expected the base Xbox One version to be a blurry mess, but the poor performance is disappointing. And I'm not really talking about framerate, it's when it hangs for several seconds or minutes (!) like was shown in the DF video. That's bad, and it should be fixed.

Per DodgeShelter111 over at Reddit
Audio: https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-con...conference-call-with-the-board_14-12-2020.mp3

Downloaded and saved. Should be an interesting listen.
Link is from the front page of their website: https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/
I'll live update as I listen and ad some personal comments.
  • CEO says they want to gain the trust of gamers back because they know they've lost it. CEO puts on a "humble" facade that quickly disappears later in the call.
  • 17 minutes in, as one of the developers is finishing up answering a question about what they will do to fix the game on last gen consoles, he tells the investor to not expect any graphical or game system type changes, as their only intent is to make the game playable from start to finish without crashing on last gen.
  • Last gen console versions of the game weren't given to reviewers because the dev team was still working on those versions during the review period for the game. They were working on them "up until the last minute".
  • They also state earlier in the call there was limited QA testing done on the game, it was all done "in house" and no experienced third party contractors were used. CDPR employees played iterative builds of the game in their homes due to the pandemic and that's how they tested the game. They say there wasn't much attention put on the last generation console versions of the game. (you know, the consoles the game was originally made for before the delays)
  • 21 or so minutes in, the CEO says they plan to let the Cyberpunk team rest "until February". (good, the actual developers deserve a ton of rest after what their management team has done)
  • Multiplayer is tentatively scheduled to release in 2022, but could be pushed to 2023. Depends on how long it takes the development team to actually finish the game (referring to the planned DLC's & expansions) as well as fix what was and is currently being sold to customers.
  • Several investors seem to be very concerned about the game being refunded. One asked how the refund process works through Microsoft and Sony and if the investor will still keep his cut. (this person seems to have no regard for customer satisfaction and is only focused on keeping his cut of the money, even after a customer refunds the game.)
  • No plans to lower the price of the last gen console versions, despite the depleted experience. The PC version has very clearly been their main focus. All console versions seem to be an afterthought.
  • One investor asks if the development team needed more actual developers in order to finish the game on time. CDPR's answer was no, that the number of developers wouldn't have changed anything. The CEO took responsibility for their management team rushing the development of the game and not understanding the technical limitations the dev team was up against. (yo what happened to "Coming: When it's ready" ???)
  • It's very apparent throughout this call the CDPR management team keeps referring back to the "next gen upgrade at no additional cost" for console owners, but they fail to explain to these investors that doesn't change anything if you don't have a next gen console. They are using that as a response to questions about the last gen console version of the game. Pretty scummy way to frame their answers in my opinion, and it's happened multiple times now.
  • Stadia version will be updated once before their holiday break. After that there is no further update (bug fixing updates) planned for the Stadia version of the game, but this could change in Q1 of 2021.
  • An investor specifically asks about the NPC and AI behavior, citing the backlash it's received online by customers. CDPR's answer is that the AI and NPC behavior is part of the bugs, and the patches that come in January and February will address those issues/bugs. Nothing more in depth was said about the AI.
  • One last time before ending the call, CDPR yet again touts the "next gen upgrade at no additional cost" and hopes gamers will keep the game instead of refunding it so that they can experience the next gen upgrade as soon as it's ready. But again, as I stated earlier, they fail to explain to these investors that if you don't have a next gen console, this next gen upgrade is useless to you.
That seems to be the highlights of the call. The rest of the time was filled with investors asking questions about sales numbers of different types, how "sticky" the game is to players (as in how addictive is it), and other types of "how much money we gunna make" questions.
I encourage you to listen to the call yourself instead of reading my paraphrasing mixed with personal comments and form your own opinion. But my opinion after listening to this is that this game was 100% rushed to take advantage of the wombo combo of console generation change + holiday season + global pandemic. This combo will likely never happen again, so it was a once in a lifetime chance at a massive payday. The CDPR management team says they didn't understand the technical limits the development team was facing, but I don't buy that at all.
~Bonus content~: One investor possibly leaks Witcher 4 lol. He asks something along the lines of "I know you haven't officially announced it, but how is work on Witcher 4 doing and how many people are allocated to the team?" Don't take this as an actual leak, but CDPR was pretty tight lipped about answering that question, as in they didn't.
Edit: Removed a quote about the next gen console version, implying it was ready but held back because I misunderstood the context of the conversation on my first listen of the call. Thanks to u/Paciorr for pointing the mistake out.

Back