CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

I’m being silly of course. My point was that on PC, at least you can tweak your settings if your PC is a bit old. Maybe not 2013 old but at least you have a choice. On consoles you don’t. That’s all!

I'm really curious whether an ssd will resolve the streaming issues on PS4.

Tweaking it to what? The high end GPU of 2013 was a 780ti. You aren't going to 'tweak' your way out of anything.

I’m being silly of course. My point was that on PC, at least you can tweak your settings if your PC is a bit old. Maybe not 2013 old but at least you have a choice. On consoles you don’t. That’s all!

Not too bad for a 660 2gb i3 dual core system :p Even 2012 hw does 'well' considering... Its not the immersion or anything close but your better off then on ps4.

I tried this and it dosent work for me. I see no difference. With this fix and without the fix i have 100% cpu and gpu utilisation, full vram utilisation and high ram util. No gains for me.
Did you try driving or walking in crowded scene?
This fix most probably reduces the decompression stress + data streaming on the CPU

I tried this and it dosent work for me. I see no difference. With this fix and without the fix i have 100% cpu and gpu utilisation, full vram utilisation and high ram util. No gains for me.

all of these various fixes seems only for those with low CPU/GPU usage.

if you already have high cpu and gpu usage, your system already works as fast as it can, i think

I'm really curious whether an ssd will resolve the streaming issues on PS4.
If CPU utilization is a problem on PC, imagine what poor utilization of those slower-than-2014-phone CPUs in PS4 might do.

I put the HDD back in my PS4 Pro. SSD just didn't seem to do much for Horizon or Days Gone when I was playing them. From what I gather, PS4 doesn't understand a SSD and doesn't have TRIM so SSDs will probably degrade in speed over time.

Not too bad for a 660 2gb i3 dual core system :p Even 2012 hw does 'well' considering... Its not the immersion or anything close but your better off then on ps4.

The second video is the proof than release the game on PS4 and Xbox One was an error. A Ryzen 5 1600 is better than the JAguar CPU of PS4, PS4 PRo, Xbox One and Xbox One X.

I understand financially why they didn't want to but they walked themselves into a technical hole by doing this.

Also the PC audience is much more understanding of aging hardware. I haven't come across many, if any, complaints from people with 2013 HW complaining about CP not running well. They understand their systems have aged past their useful lifespan if the goal is to play the latest and greatest.

Yup, I've seen some really amazing things. Including...

this is horrible

The game run sometimes under 10 fps on Xbox One.

PC gamers still enjoying gameplay even with worse visuals than this and framerate that hovers between 5-15 FPS. I'm obviously not one of them, but while there are PC gamers that are all about max visuals or max framerate, there are a ton of PC gamers that just want to play games however they can play games.

I think as long as CDPR can get performance up at least into the 20's consistently, then I'd say the base consoles are pretty decent, IMO. There were quite a few games on PS3 that also ran quite badly at launch. Heck even X360 had some games that just chugged along at launch.

IMO, this game is just getting more flak than usual partially because of how hyped people were for it.

Regardless, this is a game I would still definitely play even if I had to turn all the graphics quality settings down to low and play it at 480p. :p Hell, I might even play it at 30 FPS if I had no choice. :p

While I love the graphics, the gameplay matters far more to me, and this so far has some of the best gameplay in a game that I've had the pleasure of playing in the last 20+ years. Basically since the first Deus Ex came out (this year is the 20th anniversary of the greatest game ever made, dang). Hell, I would still absolutely LOVE this game if it had 2000 era PC graphics and just released today. :)

But then I'm a full on CRPG (computer not console) nerd and I appreciate when developers give me the freedom to approach problems in many many different ways. Let me play the game how I want to play it and not how someone else thinks I should play it.

Regards,
SB

I haven't posted here for a while coz .... I got lost in Night City :)
Finally stolen The Chip yesterday, after 15h into this game. I'm easily distracted by random events in the Night City, died several times trying to be a hero! I've explored a bit of underwater world, climbed on some tall buildings where I wasn't expecting to be able to, stolen some heavy duty trucks, hacked lots of consoles and stolen every bottle of alcohol I could see ;)
The story so far is WOW! Sad, happy, serious and I must say, first encounter with Mr NEO was a bit shocking!

Can't wait to finish work and jump back in!

Few general points I wanted to make:
- had one (1) single crash to desktop at the beginning of the game (patch 1.01?), nothing since and my longest single session was yesterday with 4h+,
- performance on my PC is excellent, but yes, it's not a slow machine. I ran everything Ultra or Psycho where available, bar RT as not yet supported on 1440P screen with Freesync. My FPS can dip to 53, at times, but most of the time it is solid lock on 60 (or 72 if I choose that as my target),
- sound and graphics are top notch, but sometimes animations can glitch (should be fixable in future patch),
- build on top of GFX and Sound is this believable world, atmosphere, something RPG fans can really appreciate,
- Ai in general is glitchy and not the best (apart from the moments when it work really well and then they kill me), but I can live with it, hoping future patch will fix a lot of issues I've seen (NPC stuck, not attacking you when it should, cars route finding),
- shooting mechanics are great for an RPG, hacking is really good (my primary approach),
- as DSoup mentioned, I'm blown away by how many different approaches you can have to mission and I know exactly which one he described :) I had high enough tech ability to just open the door, but found balcony entrance by hacking cameras at the market and one of them had very clear view of the 2nd floor flat with target in sight. I've analysed all my options, search surroundings, before proceeding through main doors :p
- driving for me is really fine, not perfectly suited for keyboard + mouse, but quite good on a controller. I play a lot of driving sims and racing games and therefore can adapt quickly to different handling models, which might help here. What surprised me was looking at how suspension works on different cars in CP2077, amazing details animating individual wishbones and shocks, wasn't expecting that from an RPG!

PS. I've tried this memory .csv edit and it definitely works, as before my maximum RAM usage was 10.5GB after a long session, where now ... just look at the screenshot :)

CP2077-002.png

Last edited:
Yep that certainly looks like Cyberpunk 2012. No argument here.

Hm, they should have called it Cyberpunk 2013 on consoles :)

Whats so nice about this game is that its so easy to change settings on the fly, just hit the menu, change and back. No loading no restart or graphical errors etc. Im sure its not for everyone but i have been altering graphics depending on the situation. Ex, crank up everything when indoors, even ray tracing, and turn down RT abit out in the daylight.
If i had to choose one graphical highlight of the game, its going to be the ray tracing, not allways, but there are scenes where it really enhances the immersion so much its almost a must. For example indoors with alot of lights, or when theres fog at night in nightcity. During daylight, switching between ultra RT to lower or off, its not as dramatic of a difference. Things change at night though, its a total different world at night (called night city for a reason? :p). Also, 60fps is almost a must, it makes for a much more coherent immersion. Same for the audio, headphones and atmos if you have it.
I find myself more playing with the settings and exploring then actually playing the SP story but ok.

Also, anyone noticed that sports cars sound exactly like an LFA or GTS? CDPR seems to love the best sounding consumer sports cars out there :)

Here a rainy night in night city. Dunno why but i think of Japan in a setting like this. Thats good, people love that.

The second video is the proof than release the game on PS4 and Xbox One was an error. A Ryzen 5 1600 is better than the JAguar CPU of PS4, PS4 PRo, Xbox One and Xbox One X.

Error? I imagine CDPR revenue projections for 2077 would have been far lower without legacy console support and would have encouraged a less ambitious title.

They were stuck in between a rock and a hard place. Success wasn’t a given. If they had avoided legacy console support and the game ended up a dud if could have severely crippled the company without the potential sales offered by 150 million+ userbase. Even a poor reception would have garnered at least a couple of million of sales on legacy consoles.

All in all, while a buggy release, it’s still a great game. Plus, they can simply wait some time, drop a DLC with enhanced PC and next gen console graphics without legacy support.

They made more than enough to continue work on patching the legacy consoles version and the potential for more legacy console sales is probably still north of a million units. Both the Xbox and PS4 physical skus are still in Amazon.com’s top 20.

Last edited:
Back