CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

The audio in the game is really impressive and immersive, even more so than the graphics. I hope it gets more attention once the graphics hype gets normalized.

Yes, ive said this before, but it doesnt get any traction, too much graphics hype. Its like walking around in a real busy city. They really nailed the audio in this one. The sound placement is very good, ive never been this immersed in any game by its audio.

Just that no one really is going to care about sound in games.

I just want to share for anyone intrested in a even more immersive experience, grab your chance, Atmos is free this weekend. Its a 15 dollar purchase otherwise.

https://www.techradar.com/news/got-cyberpunk-2077-heres-how-to-play-it-in-dolby-atmos-for-free

Edit:

Just needed to share, the comments made on this DF video are gold :p

Edit2: So i had to try 2077 on the 7950/i7 920 OC 3.6ghz test pc. OC'd the GPU with afterburner. It actually runs very well, considering the hardware then. Low and medium settings aiming for a 30fps, hovering around 35.
Not bad for a 2012 gpu and a OCed 2008 cpu. 8gb ram and sata2 SSD (lol). Too bad i dont have any HDDs, or i do, but they are backup drives. I was running the 1.02 version of CP, but i doubt it would make much of a difference anyway.

I hope more are going to test on old hardware, its always fun :p

Last edited:
The audio in the game is really impressive and immersive, even more so than the graphics. I hope it gets more attention once the graphics hype gets normalized.

yeap it was really impressive when it works properly.

One of the easiest to experience "awesome audio" was in the scene where you go eat something in a stall with the big dude. The sound of the oil frying, the car whizzing, the NPCs walking, are amazing.

Oh on top of that, this game also have ridiculous amounts of audio frequency variations! High freq sounds? yep its here. Low freq audio yep yep eyp. Subsonic audio that shakes the whole house? YEP! (it made me realize i didn't close my window properly, it rattles LOL)

unfortunately, the game randomly borked its audio mixing for me. Sometimes

- car radio became extremely loud <-- this is the most often. In the end i muted the car radio.
- player voice become quiet
- car engine become quiet

100% fixed by closing the game and opening it again.

I just want to share for anyone intrested in a even more immersive experience, grab your chance, Atmos is free this weekend. Its a 15 dollar purchase otherwise.

maybe its a region thing, for me atmos is free while DTS;X is not. Although i never able to activate dolby atmos from the classic windows audio control panel tho. The UWP atmos app keeps telling me to activate it there (it even have a nice button to open up the right classic cpanel window).

Dolby Atmos does make a difference if using headphones atleast.

maybe its a region thing, for me atmos is free while DTS;X is not. Although i never able to activate dolby atmos from the classic windows audio control panel tho. The UWP atmos app keeps telling me to activate it there (it even have a nice button to open up the right classic cpanel window).

It has to do with licensing i think. I have not tested anything else then headphones, yet. I think you have to enable spatial sound.

Edit2: So i had to try 2077 on the 7950/i7 920 OC 3.6ghz test pc. OC'd the GPU with afterburner. It actually runs very well, considering the hardware then. Low and medium settings aiming for a 30fps, hovering around 35.
Not bad for a 2012 gpu and a OCed 2008 cpu. 8gb ram and sata2 SSD (lol). Too bad i dont have any HDDs, or i do, but they are backup drives. I was running the 1.02 version of CP, but i doubt it would make much of a difference anyway.

I hope more are going to test on old hardware, its always fun :p

Yeah I like tests on old hardware too but I'll probably wait a bit until I try it on my original GTX Titan and i7 4770k. Partly because I want all DLC and experience it in one go, partly because I don't feel like upgrading anything right now in case I'm annoyed at the performance. I will try the free TW3 Remaster when it's available though, really excited for that version.

Was that at lower than 1080p btw?
And did you try the higher settings, if even at 720p if necessary? I'm asking because I wonder if Low to High greatly affects CPU usage too, the only CPU settings you typically can expect to adjust in games are draw distance and sometimes amount of pedestrians. Some folks I've seen with old CPUs have expressed concerns because they're still afraid of hitting the lower 20s in the most demanding scenes even if they get a modern graphics card.

I read dlss quality mode looks better than native 4k ;d big difference
It depends on the scene. Bright, outdoor areas, neon signs, stuff in the far distance start to show the reconstruction. That's why people are saying that indoor looks better with DLSS than outdoor. DLSS in all mode also has temporal artifacts, where you get trails behind moving objects. Sometimes in the form of stray pixels from the moving object, but also the surface in the background getting lower quality shading/enhancement. For example, there is a scene in an elevator where you and a partner have a short conversation in the middle of an action set piece. As he sways back and forth there is a trail behind him where his body obscures wall with a high frequency texture. Wood grain I think. As he moves, the halo of where his body was the previous frame lacks the high frequency detail.

There are times where DLSS quality has more detail and less pixel crawl than native.

Honestly, though, even with these shortcomings, DLSS has such a big performance uplift that using it and cranking up the RT gives you a better visual experience than RT off and DLSS off. So I think that's a win.

Yeah I like tests on old hardware too but I'll probably wait a bit until I try it on my original GTX Titan and i7 4770k. Partly because I want all DLC and experience it in one go, partly because I don't feel like upgrading anything right now in case I'm annoyed at the performance. I will try the free TW3 Remaster when it's available though, really excited for that version.

Was that at lower than 1080p btw?
And did you try the higher settings, if even at 720p if necessary? I'm asking because I wonder if Low to High greatly affects CPU usage too, the only CPU settings you typically can expect to adjust in games are draw distance and sometimes amount of pedestrians. Some folks I've seen with old CPUs have expressed concerns because they're still afraid of hitting the lower 20s in the most demanding scenes even if they get a modern graphics card.

I always liked to test old hardware.... dunno why but im just as excited for that as playing on a modern system. Im not going through the SP campaigns on hardware from 2012 though, i dont recommend it cause you basically are looking at a different game so to speak. I play some hours on the 2080Ti system so im not spoiling or breaking immersion.

Havent really tried higher settings, been going for low/medium and switching between 720 and 1080p. It depends what you do and where you are. Dips below 30fps do happen but its playable, the setup fairs better then the base ps4 atleast (which isnt a surprise).

Like i said, i wouldnt recommend playing on 8+ year old hardware as one basically doesnt get to experience the game as it is intended to.

Honestly, though, even with these shortcomings, DLSS has such a big performance uplift that using it and cranking up the RT gives you a better visual experience than RT off and DLSS off. So I think that's a win.

Its a win for 2060S class GPU users, they would have gotten a subpar experience imo. With DLSS set to performance, they get a real nice experience. I left a video on a 2060S in Cp2077 somewhere here yesterday.

4hours, including maybe 3 hours of random walking around :LOL:

This man knows how to play this game! The more i play the more i love this game. Walking in the city at night is simply amazing, sounds, feeling its just mesmerizing. Even on my potato PC this game looks great.

photomode-12122020-180647.png

This man knows how to play this game! The more i play the more i love this game. Walking in the city at night is simply amazing, sounds, feeling its just mesmerizing. Even on my potato PC this game looks great.

photomode-12122020-180647.png

Is that on a 1070? Damn that looks good! Almost makes me want to pick it up now (I also have a 1070), but I'm going to try and hold out until I can get my hands on an Ampere and a decent monitor.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37043/hotfix-1-04

New hotfix to Cyberpunk 2077 is now live on PlayStation consoles and PC. For Xbox systems, we are working to have the update out as soon as possible. Here is the list of changes:

Quests
  • Fixed an issue with completing the final objective in Gig: Freedom of the Press.
  • Fixed an issue with starting conversation with Johnny at the end in Life During Wartime.
  • Corrected a rare issue with NPCs no longer calling V if A Like Supreme quest was abandoned mid-way.
  • Fixed an issue with Nix not going into his default state in Spellbound and KOLD MIRAGE.
  • Fixed issues blocking progress in I Fought The Law if the quest area is left.
  • Fixed inability to find Delamain in Epistrophy.
  • Fixed issues related to remaining in the second phase of the quest after finishing Pacifica fight with Ozob if played after Finals.
  • Fixed an issue with Nomads no longer present if V leaves the quest area mid-combat in With a Little Help from My Friends/Queen of the Highway.
  • Adjusted mappings and re-enabled quest tracker in M'ap Tann Pèlen/I Walk the Line/Transmission.
  • Fixed constraints on freedom to get up and sit down if neither blueline condition is met in Violence.
  • Fixed issues with time and space resulting from leaving the quest area or abandoning the quest in Following the River.
  • Fixed an issue with conversation with Johnny not starting after leaving the hotel in Tapeworm.
  • Fixed an issue with quest being blocked upon leaving the quest area before climbing the hill in Following the River.
  • Fixed the objective “Go into booth 9” not completing if the room’s entered too fast in Automatic Love.
  • Fixed Jackie’s issues with sitting still in The Ripperdoc.
  • Other quest fixes

Gameplay
  • Fixed the preview in weapon crafting.

Visual
  • Reduced vehicle appearance pop-in.
  • Speeded up switching first person perspective to third person perspective in a vehicle.
  • Fixed issues with animations missing from important quest NPCs during cinematics.

Performance & Stability
  • Improved stability, including various crash fixes.

Miscellaneous
  • Modified the flashing effect on braindances to reduce the risk of inducing epileptic symptoms. The effect has been smoothed out and the flashes reduced in frequency and magnitude.
  • Removed copyrighted songs incorrectly present in the game with "Disable Copyrighted Music" feature toggled on.

PC-specific
  • Switching language to default in the in-game settings now correctly sets it to the language of your Steam client.

Console-specific
  • Improved reflections quality on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 to eliminate the smudge effect.
  • Fixed “The Wasteland” achievement being stuck on 97% after completing all relevant missions in The Badlands on Xbox.
  • Fixed an issue with missing PT-BR VO for Xbox players in Americas.

How large was the 1.0.4.0 patch on PC and Playstation? My series X is pulling down a 15.89 GB update and shows 1.0.4.0 on file version. The full game size is showing 59.1 GB. It's still going through the download process, which is running slower since I'm playing other games at the moment, so may be a while for it to finish. :D

I may well be pre-empting tutorials yet to come because the game really did not explain mods for weapons, clothes, cyberware or crafting and upgrades but I am loving these systems. The initial perks all seem a bit naff and few really change the game, but once you start investing in trees they really start to pay off. I'm going all in on intelligence and quick hacks and they make a huge difference to how I play the game. It's like CDPR looked at what Ubisoft did with Watch Dogs and dialled it up to 11. :yes:

Like others, I'm walking everywhere. The map is packed with things they you only get if you in the vicinity of something going down. I just 3km across town to a mission and did about 7 side missions on the way. I'm liking Theo cyber psychosis side plot and about 8-9 hours into the game I'm only just seeing all the detail in the city. Its right there, it's there from the start, but there is just so much detail I think you can't see the wood for the trees when you first start playing.

How large was the 1.0.4.0 patch on PC and Playstation? My series X is pulling down a 15.89 GB update and shows 1.0.4.0 on file version. The full game size is showing 59.1 GB. It's still going through the download process, which is running slower since I'm playing other games at the moment, so may be a while for it to finish. :D

Patch 1.04 was 17Gb on PlayStation.

Back