Current Generation Games Analysis Technical Discussion [2020-2021] [XBSX|S, PS5, PC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
my cyberpunk takes 117Go on my external drive.
wtf. This is 4Pro version on the PS5? Did you install from disc or from digital?

I have 2 discs for CP2077, but 50GB is smaller than a single disc, so I'm assuming they put different copies of things in there. Or Smart Delivery is only copying over the things it needs. Language packs or something.

Thanks though, I'll always remember to tap on you for the future!

i have the disc version, installed both, and a day one patch of 45Go.
Yes PS4 version on PS5.
Maybe english langage is mandatory, and as i have the french version, french voices take some more space.

Apparently the update fixes the blurriness on PS5, and I guess on XBSX as well, as I read some users were experiencing a similar issue. Still look at the texture on the top right... urgh.

edit: The patch apparently significantly improved performance on base PS4 and XBO. PS4 pro seems to be running close to 30fps now more or less consistently. I think DF should wait a bit to do the testing, my guess is that it may get better sooner than we thought.

image0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
People are starting to claim refunds, its a real mess. It doesnt even look like the same game compared to what its supposed to look like. Atleast, they should be able to increase performance.

edit: another comparison, stolen from GAF between 1.04 and 1.02 on PS5

so, removed a filter? Higher res? Better textures?

SKVXJUP.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's a filter they removed, they need to remove it in every versions :D I guess higher res. Maybe it was a bug in the back compat mode, limiting the max resolution or something like that...

The oldgen versions are plainly in need of an urgent patch. I think the main problem is that some visual settings have not been adjusted in these versions. On PS4, for example, the shadows are lower than on Xbox One (among other sections). Lowering the quality of these and other settings would greatly improve performance. Series S, unlike Series X, does not have several display modes and its performance is somewhat better than in OneX, although it also suffers drops and goes to a lower resolution on average. I was surprised that in Series S I found a much higher number of NPCs than in the rest of the platforms, but perhaps it was due to the precise moment of the recording. As I have mentioned before, I will be aware of the next patches that are published and keep you informed, since I am aware that it is an important game for many of you.

Note: PS5's resolution is 1224p, not 2160p. Sorry for the mistake. Many versions to record...

The game runs in backward compatibility mode on PS5 / XSX. The NextGen patch will arrive in 2021. The PS5 version is basically the PS4 version at its maximum resolution (1224p) at 60fps. For everything else, these versions are the same for now. The PS4 version ranges from 900p ~ 720p, with a shorter draw distance and lower quality shadows, textures and AA. The framerate on PS4 has quite a few problems and it is evident that this version has been neglected. If you plan to play on PS4, you should wait for a patch (or patches).

The game runs in backward compatibility mode on PS5 / XSX. The NextGen patch will arrive in 2021. The PC version runs at 4K / Ultra 30FPS with DLSS. There are some interesting differences between versions, starting with the absence of modes on PS5. Series X has a 1800p / 30fps mode and another with a medium resolution of 1224p / 60fps, while the PS5 has to settle for only the second option. Some textures and shadows are considerably lower on the PS5 version in addition to having a lower draw distance and npcs density. The most noticeable differences in PC are mainly the textures, the lighting (with RT) and the density of NPCs. However, I am not very happy with the DLSS in this game, as it sometimes blurs the image too much. Currently, on consoles, the best version to play is Series X without a doubt. We will have to wait for the 2021 patch to see if there are changes to this result.

It should be noted that both XBSX|S and PS5 are running patch version 1.02 in these videos, and not the current 1.04 patch. Also, these patches aren't representative of the "next-gen" update coming some time next year.

If it's a filter they removed, they need to remove it in every versions :D I guess higher res. Maybe it was a bug in the back compat mode, limiting the max resolution or something like that...

I played a lot of patch 1.04 today on PS5, and it feels a bit of both. There was some rogue post process process on consoles but it also feels like maybe that allows the dynamic resolution a little more leg room on PS5. It's a very noticeable change, they also seem to have tweaked lighting because it use to look washed out occasionally, but I've not seen that occur since 1.04.

I'be be interested to get Digital Foundry's take on the 1.02 vs 1.04 differences.

I guess they (cdpr) will release a lot of patchs pretty quickly for a month or two. I don't know if DF have the time to analyse each patch... We'll see :)

Jeff G on gb quick look also complained about the filter. He said it was hard to describe what it was but yah he did not like it. Glad they are removing it on ps5?

Not sure if this has been posted but Insomniac just dropped a patch that adds Performance RT mode for Spider Man Remaster. :) Its great been playing Miles with it. Can’t wait until DF takes a look at it.

Not sure if this has been posted but Insomniac just dropped a patch that adds Performance RT mode for Spider Man Remaster. :) Its great been playing Miles with it. Can’t wait until DF takes a look at it.
NXGamer covered this patch. He said it was brilliant and there was no need for the pure performance mode anymore.

EDIT: I thought it was about Miles Morales. I don't think NXGamer did a video on that patch.

Last edited:
I'm still skeptical about the resolution count, elanalistadebits, DF and NX Gamer come up with totally different numbers lol. Also FPS on performance mode on the XBSX are all over the place, better to stick with quality mode.

I'm still skeptical about the resolution count, elanalistadebits, DF and NX Gamer come up with totally different numbers lol. Also FPS on performance mode on the XBSX are all over the place, better to stick with quality mode.

Were they using the same areas of the game for their resolution count? In the first DF preview video they mentioned what class you pick will have you at entirely different locations in the game when you start.

Were they using the same areas of the game for their resolution count? In the first DF preview video they mentioned what class you pick will have you at entirely different locations in the game when you start.

But in any case every reviewer should have visited different parts of the city, even if they started in different locations the averages should be very similar. Maybe there are some effects, some filters, that makes the pixel count harder.

This analysis is covering the latest 1.04 patch

I don’t get it because I’ve been playing it on Series X and always thought the performance mode looked pretty sharp which NX Gamer seems to confirm it is running higher res than PS5. But John on the recent DF video said it was lower than the PS5 and was running at 1080p?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back