Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered [PS5, PC]

yhnpu739tcz51.jpg

Insane.

I have don't find the new parker model as expressive as the old one ( haven't played original spidey yet). I know that the graphical fidelity is there.
But IMo the re mocap excuse is not valid there. Maybe it's just for Parker but I wondr what about the other characters ? Well it's just a tiny detail.
But just seing and comparing the cinematics and acting there s no emotion or attachment to the character in the revamped Parker.
Maybe like in HZD that 's something that could be reworked ? But I guess it's just not a priority. Game still amazingly looking. But something 's not natural in the way the characters look.

Copy from miles morales thread

On Spiderman Remastered

PS4

2020-11-10_18_19_36-Spider-Man_PS4_-_Opening_Cutscene_-_YouTube.png

PS5

2020-11-10_18_19_57-MARVELS_SPIDER-MAN_REMASTERED_PS5_4K_Gameplay_-_Opening_25_Minutes_-_YouTube.png

PS4

2020-11-10_18_54_19-The_First_20_Minutes_of_Marvels_Spider-Man_PS4_Gameplay_in_4K_-_YouTube.png

PS5

2020-11-10_18_54_32-MARVELS_SPIDER-MAN_REMASTERED_PS5_4K_Gameplay_-_Opening_25_Minutes_-_YouTube.png

PS4
2020-11-10_19_13_16-The_First_20_Minutes_of_Marvels_Spider-Man_PS4_Gameplay_in_4K_-_YouTube.png

PS5
2020-11-10_19_13_25-MARVELS_SPIDER-MAN_REMASTERED_PS5_4K_Gameplay_-_Opening_25_Minutes_-_YouTube.png

They relit the full game

EDIT:
Other examples
https://www.resetera.com/threads/spider-man-remastered-running-on-ps5.322936/post-51136213

EDIT2:

They did not reshoot the cutscene. Just the fact to have a model with the same facial bones than Yuri Lowenthal help to improve facial animation.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/spider-man-remastered-running-on-ps5.322936/reply?quote=51137014

Something I ve noticed is that although now we have accurate reflections and lighting, some artistic aesthetics have been paired down.
Without without realistic lighting like Ray Traicing, the artists manually set up the lighting to what they understand is convincing and aesthetically appealing. Have realistic lighting replace this, and the artistic manual work is no longer there.
So in many scenes although the lighting is more convincing and we have accurate reflections, at least personally, they may not be necessarily translated as more appealing. They look like they lost something and gained something else.

I have don't find the new parker model as expressive as the old one ( haven't played original spidey yet). I know that the graphical fidelity is there.
But IMo the re mocap excuse is not valid there. Maybe it's just for Parker but I wondr what about the other characters ? Well it's just a tiny detail.
But just seing and comparing the cinematics and acting there s no emotion or attachment to the character in the revamped Parker.
Maybe like in HZD that 's something that could be reworked ? But I guess it's just not a priority. Game still amazingly looking. But something 's not natural in the way the characters look.
I feel the same. The original Parker's face was more likeable, more relatable, much warmer. He looked like your friendly neighbor

@TEEDA I am really looking forward to Insomniac's GDC presentation covering this game. They always give really goods ones, lots of technical info but all well explained.

That's probably the most photorealistic rendition of NY streets in video games I have ever seen so far.
Love that daylight setting evnvironment with the traffic density and pedestrians.
It reminds me a bit of some old enb realistic mods of GTAIV. i wonder if GTA Vi will look somewhat close to this or better. Have yet tro play Morales. Have to finished remastered first.

I've still not played this other than a very brief five minute 30/RT fps vs 60fps mode try.

More NY streets daylight footage. So hard to have good close up footage.
Sometimes I wish they just added an " explorer mode " where you play a simple Peter Parker without desguise and just explore all the city goodness. Hope they will add the RT 60 fps performance mode to the remastered as well too.

Damn I wish it would be available for free of you already own the game on ps4...

I don't care about Morales, so, I'm stuck for now.

More NY streets daylight footage. So hard to have good close up footage.
Sometimes I wish they just added an " explorer mode " where you play a simple Peter Parker without desguise and just explore all the city goodness. Hope they will add the RT 60 fps performance mode to the remastered as well too.

This topic is for the PS5 version not the PS6 version :p (damn that looks great)

Alongside Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Insomniac has updated the original Marvel's Spider-Man to run on PlayStation 5. In this detailed analysis, John Linneman compares Spider-Man on PS5 to the PS4 Pro version, finding a range of improvements. Plus he takes a closer look at the new ray traced performance mode, which delivers 60fps gaming with RT on top. How does it work and how did Insomniac deliver it?

Back