Perfect Dark [XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

So much for creating new IP..
However the (CGI?) trailer looks good. Then again, the Halo one did as well.

if they build this game up for Series X, and downscale from them then it could be a graphical benchmark. MS needs a game that can show the power of Series X and this could be it!

So much for creating new IP..
However the (CGI?) trailer looks good. Then again, the Halo one did as well.

if they build this game up for Series X, and downscale from them then it could be a graphical benchmark. MS needs a game that can show the power of Series X and this could be it!

Hellblade 2 will be the flagship for It in terms of visual fidelity. Much of what you seen there was inside unreal editor. As for this project, I suspect the space sequence is rendered in real-time, the rest is a mix (Arnold, Vray etc).

Last edited:
I dunno i owned PSX and i missed org Perfect Dark. The X360 version was okish ( and i think i am beign generous here ;) ) so i only have mixed feelings for the franchise. I am more hyped that The Coalition is making the game, they seem to have high standars where it comes to presentation and performance.

I dunno i owned PSX and i missed org Perfect Dark. The X360 version was okish ( and i think i am beign generous here ;) ) so i only have mixed feelings for the franchise. I am more hyped that The Coalition is making the game, they seem to have high standars where it comes to presentation and performance.

Agree mr magoo, The Coalition Studio developing this game definitely brings the hype level up a notch. I never played the original so I don't have any nostalgic ties to the franchise, but I can't wait to see what The Coalition cooks up on this. Excited to see them branch off from Gears to do something different. Honestly if Halo Infinity doesn't go well I'd love MS to step in and hand it over to The Coalition Studio. Probably won't happen but I bet they would make an insane Halo game.

Agree mr magoo, The Coalition Studio developing this game definitely brings the hype level up a notch. I never played the original so I don't have any nostalgic ties to the franchise, but I can't wait to see what The Coalition cooks up on this. Excited to see them branch off from Gears to do something different. Honestly if Halo Infinity doesn't go well I'd love MS to step in and hand it over to The Coalition Studio. Probably won't happen but I bet they would make an insane Halo game.
The Initiative, not Coalition. ;)

And not to be confused with The Confederacy...
Haha, my bad. For some reason I thought this was being developed by The Coalition Studio. I guess they'll be stuck working on Gears for eternity lol. Would be nice to see them branch out someday. I think the names, Coalition and Initiative were one thing in my confused little brain :LOL:. Looks like this will be the Initiative's first title?

Last edited:
Haha, my bad. For some reason I thought this was being developed by The Coalition Studio. I guess they'll be stuck working on Gears for eternity lol. Would be nice to see them branch out someday. I think the names, Coalition and Initiative were one thing in my confused little brain :LOL:. Looks like this will be the Initiative's first title?

There's one more Gears game needed to finish the second trilogy. Once that is done, they may have the opportunity to do a different IP, even if it's just one game and then back to Gears. Or MS may feel that it's time to put Gears to pasture if the Coalition wants to do something else and has a good pitch for a game. Phil seems to be a bit more open to letting the developers make what they want.

Regards,
SB

There's one more Gears game needed to finish the second trilogy. Once that is done, they may have the opportunity to do a different IP, even if it's just one game and then back to Gears. Or MS may feel that it's time to put Gears to pasture if the Coalition wants to do something else and has a good pitch for a game. Phil seems to be a bit more open to letting the developers make what they want.

Gears Infinite? Where we find out everything is in the same Universe?

Indeed, large list of talent:

ElUd-suWMAAMmqQ

ElUd-tbXEAEKfJq

ElUd-tWWkAULyYp

I was blown away by the original when I played it. It is hands down the best first person shooter of the PS/N64 gen. It looks and plays very mediocrely today, but then, it didn't get more polished than that. You only had to ignor the story, because that was absolute trash, even for 90's standards...

Now I don't see how any of the original's glories can translate to a modern game beside in spirit. Everything that was good about the orginal is now a regular feature in other shooters, and every shortcoming that was acceptable then is now unforgievable. Any game that comes out of this will unavoidably be NOTHING like the original, so really, there is not much to expect of this.

As for The Iniciative, ugh, so it's another artificial assemblage of big tallent from all over the place just like 343i? Recipe for disaster. Tempering my expectations once again

Oh, there was a sequel on 360 too. Heard it was ok. Didn't play it, but from what a friend told me, it had mostly average gameplay, but had polish sptinkled over many little details, so I guess that's the spirit of PD... They also dropped the campy 90's spy-drama aestherics for campy 2000's techno-ninja aesthetics. That can only mean the new game will have to have campy 2010's theme hahaha.

As for The Iniciative, ugh, so it's another artificial assemblage of big tallent from all over the place just like 343i? Recipe for disaster. Tempering my expectations once again

Depends on how good the leadership is I think. 343i has been a mess with its upper management. Certainly we should wait until there's something tangible to judge the game. :)

They also dropped the campy 90's spy-drama aestherics for campy 2000's techno-ninja aesthetics. That can only mean the new game will have to have campy 2010's theme hahaha.

The trailer at least gives off a more serious tone, which I hope they stick with. If they were going to ham it up, I'd rather they do it like No One Lives Forever.

Back