CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

@PSman1700 yes I’m impressed by the load times or lack here of. This is one high technical bar for anyone to hit.

In special when you enter the door to a complete different underworld (under the city), its a massive environment in next gen fidelity appearing in a split second. Or moving about by car through this immense city between its outer areas, theres never any loading whatsoever. Star citizen was doing this with fast travel (and it ran real bad on HDDs).

Hmmmm...

Running Cyberpunk 2077 at MAX SETTINGS! - YouTube

Ignore the title of the video. What I found interesting was Linus comparing RT on with DLSS versus RT off without DLSS. It's not cut and dried which is better. In some scenes RT is obviously better, but outside in the open world section of the game, RT with DLSS comes at the cost of reduced detail, blur, and unstable details (noise that almost looks like things are flickering). The loss of detail is much greater at a distance than it is close to the camera, hence why it isn't so noticeable indoors.

The good thing, at least on PC is that it's easy to switch between RT on with DLSS and RT off without DLSS. So you can clip it on indoors and flip it off outdoors if the loss of detail bothers you (like it does me).

That said even close to the camera the loss of detail and softening of the image is quite noticeable close to the camera when you quickly switch back and forth like Linus does when he checks out the shadow of some metal stair scaffolding in the video.

What's nice is that unlike Metro: Exodus, CDPR didn't neuter the outdoor lighting in order to make RT lighting look better. The lighting in this game is fantastic with or without RT.

Now that the game is shipped, CDPR is likely to spend a lot of time optimizing the game and fixing bugs. I fully expect that performance and quality on current gen consoles will improve. So, I expect the visuals to improve significantly for the current gen console path next year.

I'm not sure sure if they'll spend much time on last gen consoles, however.

Regards,
SB

Now that the game is shipped, CDPR is likely to spend a lot of time optimizing the game and fixing bugs. I fully expect that performance and quality on current gen consoles will improve. So, I expect the visuals to improve significantly for the current gen console path next year.

TW3 was kinda a mess at launch but they improved afterwards. Guess that all platforms will see patches and optimizations, bar ps4/oneS.

according to Vincent from hdtvtest it's not real hdr just sdr upscaled and better to play hdr off

Why not? Isn’t that the point of tv color and luminance calibration? To see the content as intended by the creators? Is it not CDPR’s intention for us to see it creation through a jerry-rigged version of HDR?

:runaway::runaway::runaway:

Why not? Isn’t that the point of tv color and luminance calibration? To see the content as intended by the creators? Is it not CDPR’s intention for us to see it creation through a jerry-rigged version of HDR?

:runaway::runaway::runaway:
It rise black leveles to grayish levels if you try to setup luminance higher

So after some tuning and oc'ing it would see to get 60fps+ I have to pick between the following options:

1. RTX Psycho + dlss performance
2. RTX Ultra + dlss quality

Wthout rtx though, the image becomes quite flat. There's a lot 'volume' to the picture being done with rtx. It's almost a 'must' feature for this title.

So apparently my version updated to 1.04, which I discovered because I quit then went to continue on my Shield over GeforceNow and it told me it couldn't load the save game as it was on a later version. The GeforceNow version is on 1.03. Frustrating.

I'm guessing patching is distributed in chunks and not everyone's clients will detect an update at the same time.

this games seems does shader caching on the fly? There's always annoying performance drop every time did something for the first time (e.g. first time opening map) and stabilize after a few secs.

On PC there seems to be issue with ryzen cpus and even load balancing across all cores

so that's why disabling hyper threading boost my performance, and i mistakenly took it as only use 6 threads, as the other 6 virtual cores were unused (total cpu usage 50% ish max)

Back