CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

For every other title it’s 50% of the resolution, I didn’t expect this game to be that Nvidia.. “optimized”

first search hit for 3090 benchmark
https://www.techspot.com/review/2105-geforce-rtx-3090/

at any given resolution the 3090 produces only (around) double the frame rate of 5070xt

it is cyberpunk where the results are totally out of whack in favour of Nvidia. I would go as far as say it’s the worst AMD title in years

Sorry, was this in response to my post? I'm not clear what you're referring to. It's fair to say that in pure rasterization performance the PS5 might be around half the performance of the 3090. Probably less at 4K and probably more at 1440p.

But the 3090 simply isn't designed to hit it's peak performance in pure rasterization / non-DLSS workloads. It dedicates significant die space to these features and so if you're wanting to see a real performance potential you have to test with them enabled.

And Cyberpunk 2077 is the perfect test of this.

It's fair to say that in pure rasterization performance the PS5 might be around half the performance of the 3090.

I think in raw theoretical power 3090 is more then twice as capable. 6900xt sits abit below a 3090 and thats at close to 25TF. A OC 6900XT sits at 3 times the ps5 in normal rendering. Intresting to see tests on that gpu for this game.

So finally loaded up. 3090 FE 3440x1440 120fps x34p monitor.

Game auto defaulted to Ultra RTX. I removed motion blur, set fov to 90 and disabled the first four options, chroma/lens/dof/film grain. Why those are on by default is beyond me.

I set DLSS to balanced. Anyone who sees the game running in this condition and isn’t impressed is straight up lying. Game is *the* next generation of graphics. Seriously impressed.

Smooth as silk so far here.

Game auto defaulted to Ultra RTX. I removed motion blur, set fov to 90 and disable the first for options, chroma/lens/dof/film grain. Why those are on by default is beyond me.

I set DLSS to balanced. Anyone who sees the game running in this condition and isn’t impressed is straight up lying. Game is *the* next generation of graphics. Seriously impressed.

Is that not like turning off half of the graphical options? :p

but yeah a great way to save on performance is to turn those off, as often has been indicated in digital foundry Face offs

Is that not like turning off half of the graphical options? :p

but yeah a great way to save on performance is to turn those off, as often has been indicated in digital foundry Face offs
Those aren't great options.
Film grain sucks
lens flares sucks
Chroma sucks.

DOF is the only one I personally would keep. But not everyone is interested in that. During gameplay I would prefer it off, during cutscenes I don't mind it on. I would probably keep motion blur but at high enough FPS, like 120fps it's not going to make a large difference. You'd be okay with turning it off.

i don't know if i keep playing or if i should wait (a loooong time) for the eventual next gen patch.
Sometimes i think it looks quite good, and a second later it looks a bit poopy.

Film grain sucks
lens flares sucks
Chroma sucks.

DOF is the only one I personally would keep. But not everyone is interested in that. During gameplay I would prefer it off, during cutscenes I don't mind it on. I would probably keep motion blur but at high enough FPS, like 120fps it's not going to make a large difference. You'd be okay with turning it off.

None of those have a performance impact either. Motion blur/dof gives me a headache when playing but yeah, it'd be cool if there was option to have it on for cutscenes. The other 3 are just ugly to look at.

i don't know if i keep playing or if i should wait (a loooong time) for the eventual next gen patch.
Sometimes i think it looks quite good, and a second later it looks a bit poopy.
Je pense peut etre mars ?
did I say that right? Been a long time. Right now predicting March for that next gen patch given the state of the game today. They've gotta fix the base platform editions before working on that next gen patch.

I played around with the game on a GTX 1080 last night and had it running Ultra w/ HDR. It seemed to run alright for me at 2560x1440. Going up to 4K turned it into a slideshow though heh. I noticed the AMD resolution scaling functions are available to play with too.

It took awhile to figure out the HDR mode requires Windows be in HDR mode. I prefer games that switch to an HDR mode on their own. That also seems to mean "Fullscreen" mode is a stretched borderless window. No mode changes occur with different resolutions.

I wouldn't say the visuals blow me away compared to other modern games but it has a nice aesthetic to it. I saw examples of problems I've seen with other games using some of the same techniques. Volumetrics quirks and the temporal issues with some kinds of shading I guess. Frankly when I switched over to Wolfenstein II for a bit since I was installing that too, I thought that looks better.

So far it reminds me of the modern Deus Ex games in how it plays. I went with corporate.

Last edited:
I played around with the game on a GTX 1080 last night and had it running Ultra w/ HDR. It seemed to run alright for me at 2560x1440. Going up to 4K turned it into a slideshow though heh. I noticed the AMD resolution scaling functions are available to play with too.

It took awhile to figure out the HDR mode requires Windows be in HDR mode. I prefer games that switch to an HDR mode on their own. That also seems to mean "Fullscreen" mode is a stretched borderless window. No mode changes occur with different resolutions.
according to Vincent from hdtvtest it's not real hdr just sdr upscaled and better to play hdr off

Je pense peut etre mars ?
did I say that right? Been a long time. Right now predicting March for that next gen patch given the state of the game today. They've gotta fix the base platform editions before working on that next gen patch.

correct !
didn't they say it would not be before the end of 2021 at the earliest ?

Ugh. Merging the Console and PC threads is the last thing that was needed, in fact, the exact opposite.
It is the first thing that was needed? :p

Seeing this game reminds me of seeing F.e.a.r. Back at E3.. 2004?
It looked a generation ahead of anything else. I am contemplating of buying it but I don’t want to run the game in backward compatibility mode

Game auto defaulted to Ultra RTX. I removed motion blur, set fov to 90 and disabled the first four options, chroma/lens/dof/film grain. Why those are on by default is beyond me.

Indeed its graphically and technically the most impressive out there now, its drop dead gorgeous on all levels. The streaming between environments (no loading), all kinds of ray tracing solutions, draw distance, textures, detail, basically everything. The particle effecs are on another level aswell, its having this immersive effect on you. Same for the night time GI with the fog hanging over the city. The HDR is amazing too like john noted. The city environment with all the lights really comes to life even more with HDR. The audio also should get a mention, its overlooked in gaming but dolby atmos is a very nice implementation, sound placement is key.

Film grain sucks
lens flares sucks
Chroma sucks.

Those dont even impact performance anyway, but increasing FOV does mostly. Im having FOV 92, i cant play games below that since 2006. It makes games 'feel' faster somehow but in reality it doesnt, its more often then not having slight performance impacts.

Seeing this game reminds me of seeing F.e.a.r. Back at E3.. 2004?
It looked a generation ahead of anything else.

Hm yes, didnt even think of FEAR, that was 2005 i think. DF and everyone says 'another crysis' but it could be fear too yes. That was indeed very much ahead of anything else (a game designed for pc first again), i think fear was doing alot with physics unseen before.

Ugh. Merging the Console and PC threads is the last thing that was needed, in fact, the exact opposite.

That's not what happened. The only PC thread that ever existed for this from what the forum shows is from 2012 with last post from 2018 -- https://forum.beyond3d.com/threads/cdp-making-a-cyberpunk-2020-game.52731/.

What did happen was all the discussion from the Console Technology DigitalFoundry Discussion was moved since it was not about the DF content.

Back