Nvidia DLSS 1 and 2 antialiasing discussion *spawn*

If DLSS, Native whatever look close to eachother, why would anyone not choose the one that has a rather huge performance advantage?

If DLSS, Native whatever look close to eachother, why would anyone not choose the one that has a rather huge performance advantage?
Because one giving more performance exhibits artifacts and other anomalies which some people simply can't stand.

Because one giving more performance exhibits artifacts and other anomalies which some people simply can't stand.
All only exist in static zoomed in pictures, while the other so called native gives flickering, shimmering, blur and a massive hit to fps, all during motion .. which the majority of people actually notice. Pick your poison.

Same reason people would dislike ray tracing even in cp2077 or minecraft.

Disabling ray tracing will have a gamechanging effect, it alters something the naked eye can spot. DLSS needs an analysis to spot the differences, what you would notice though is the huge performance gain.

Disabling ray tracing will have a gamechanging effect, it alters something the naked eye can spot. DLSS needs an analysis to spot the differences, what you would notice though is the huge performance gain.

I have seen people who cannot run dlss or who have poor ray tracing performance disliking those technologies. For ray tracing the common theme is "don't see the difference" or "looks too shiny". And also too slow, want more fps, don't care for ray tracing. I'm willing to bet there are people in internet who will say cp2077 looks worse with ray tracing enabled.

I don't think this is "dislike" of new technology as much as "Vendor A performs better then Vendor B and/or Vendor A has a feature Vendor B does not and my bias does not like that".
The "argumentation" sure sounds like that....including failed A/B tests...says it all to me.
Correction: "Failed A/B test", not "tests". in one specific game which I have no experience on, which apparently has the worst oversharpening with TAA ever, I didn't recognize which is which from a still. In other games which I've tested I've had no issues to spot which is which, no matter if it's live playing or watching screenshots.

There's few people here whose only goal seems to be to try and play down other users simply because they disagree on something, tells much more than any "tests". And this is supposed to be a civilized forum. :rolleyes:

He failed the first test, the moves the "goal posts"...I used ignore, nothing constructive comes from further "enquiry" IMHO.
Failed what "first test"? There's been plenty of "tests" in this thread here and tons of several threads elsewhere and I haven't moved any "goal posts" anywhere.

Seriously wtf is wrong with you? If you can't act civilized, maybe you should just stop posting altogether instead of trying to downplay and ridicule other users simply because they don't agree with your specific views :rolleyes:

CB2077 pretty much put this argument to rest imo. DLSS delivers amazing performance gains for no discernible downsides.
Pending real first hand experience and only concluding this from a gameplay-video with „DLSS perf“, I tend to disagree:
https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/2181928/ said:
Also, a lot of sharpening aliasing artifacts on some specular highlights (from 7:05 where V sees the car), also shadowing ugliness (the cop in the smoke). Not sure, if this is due to DLSS perf, DLSS in general oder CP2077 content. My download still is far from finished.

CB2077 DLSS is a bit similar to WDL's - TAA gives better sharpness but DLSS gives better AA while also providing huge performance gains. I doubt that many people will be against trading some sharpness for +75% of performance and better AA - especially in a game where even newly released top end GPUs can't hold 60 with everything being on.

CB2077 DLSS is a bit similar to WDL's - TAA gives better sharpness but DLSS gives better AA while also providing huge performance gains. I doubt that many people will be against trading some sharpness for +75% of performance and better AA - especially in a game where even newly released top end GPUs can't hold 60 with everything being on.

People "accepted" going from MSAA/SSAA to shader based "AA" so I agree.

Back