AMD Radeon RDNA2 Navi (RX 6500, 6600, 6700, 6800, 6900 XT)

What I can say now from my first 10 minutes as a „corpo“ is that Screen Space Reflections Quality on „psycho“ instead of ultra really kills performance on a 6900XT. Walking through the turtorial with full view of the corpo's (very!!!) shiny (!) office, fps go down from 46 fo 32 in 4k with everything else maxed.

Same one my 3090. "Raytracing reflections" is cheaper than this setting...

I've played original Crysis on Radeon HD 3850 at max. quality running staggering 7-15FPS and it didn't deter my enthusiast to finish game enjoying glorious graphics, so I will not back down from Psycho where it still maintains 30+ FPS in heavy scenes ;)
You, Sir, have my utmost respect for doing what I couldn't. Instead, I've waited with my playthrough at max settings until more capable hardware was available. In all it's glory, Crysis almost seemed like a different game to me.

It's a game from NV's program so we should all be very concerned apparently for no reason.
Don't forget, they also shamelessly overexerting RT functionalities in Cyberpunk:rolleyes:
Instead of adding next gen graphics features, which many entusiast will be glad to use earlier or later, they should have integrated benchmark in the game and do some DX12 magic so that 3070 would beat 6800 XT

Don't forget, they also shamelessly overexerting RT functionalities in Cyberpunk:rolleyes:
Instead of adding next gen graphics features, which many entusiast will be glad to use earlier or later, they should have integrated benchmark in the game and do some DX12 magic so that 3070 would beat 6800 XT

Well at least CD Project Red killed the:
"But can it run Crysis?" meme.
We have a new replacement for years to come...I see that as a good thing, instead of bad console ports

Today I've received a call from eBuyer in UK that they have got a number of XFX Merc319 cards. At a time I spoke with my contact there, they still had 4 of them for sale, but the price of almost £800 was a bit off-putting. Still, at least cards are starting to roll in :)

On another, more important note (to me ha!), this has arrived today!
20201211-151508.jpg
20201211-151428.jpg

:) :D

The only RT enabled cards available during development were the Turing cards. Which are running like crap when all RT effects are turned on. I made that exact point in my previous post.

Nope. I'm running the Ultra RT preset (all RT enabled except RTGI) at 1440p and with DLSS Balanced I'm anywhere between 40-60fps. I haven't even gone through Alex's guide yet. No way am I turning off RT in this of all games. Turing RT is fine, only MLID and people who bought into his nonsense ever thought otherwise.

Fun fact (and probably a gazillion times mentioned already, sry): CP2077 does not allow RT on a GeForce GTX 1080, albeit the driver exposes the software layer as proven by 3DMark etc. So it's a whitelisting approach.

Is it possible that some flag somewhere indicate if it is software rt, or hardware rt ?

Fun fact (and probably a gazillion times mentioned already, sry): CP2077 does not allow RT on a GeForce GTX 1080, albeit the driver exposes the software layer as proven by 3DMark etc. So it's a whitelisting approach.

How could it be otherwise, if the game doesn't enable RT on RDNA2 cards? It's definitely not a matter of performance, since I'm pretty sure a RX 6800XT will run better than a 2060 Max-Q at raytracing.

Seems to me that we'll only see decent RT on AMD cards sometime after CDPR launches the proper PS5 and Series versions.
At the moment, CDPR "only" launched the nvidia-co-engineered PC version and the 8th-gen consoles' version.
According to what I've seen so far, it seems the PS5 version is running PS4 Pro code and the SeriesX is running OneX code, i.e. there's no RDNA2 optimization, nor RT implementation for any RDNA2 GPU out there.

Gamers with a RDNA2 GPU should wait for the proper patches before starting to play Cyberpunk, IMO.

Seems to me that we'll only see decent RT on AMD cards sometime after CDPR launches the proper PS5 and Series versions.
At the moment, CDPR "only" launched the nvidia-co-engineered PC version and the 8th-gen consoles' version.
According to what I've seen so far, it seems the PS5 version is running PS4 Pro code and the SeriesX is running OneX code, i.e. there's no RDNA2 optimization, nor RT implementation for any RDNA2 GPU out there.

Gamers with a RDNA2 GPU should wait for the proper patches before starting to play Cyberpunk, IMO.

It's going to be interesting to see how they adapt their RT solutions. I'm only a layman, but seeing what needs to be reworked, cut, or simply ported over for optimal compatibility will be fun to study.

In the longer run I'm looking forward to seeing what best-practices develop to support AMD and Nvidia RT solutions optimally for ease of development and cross-compatibility. And what practical differences we'll see for the games that focus on either architecture (as in what, if any, different solutions/visual design cues become predominant considerations with developers as they focus on one architecture over the other).

It's definitely not a matter of performance, since I'm pretty sure a RX 6800XT will run better than a 2060 Max-Q at raytracing.

Which doesnt say much. You do need DLSS if you want to run RT thats going to matter on a 2060. I shared a yt video somewhere here about the performances.

The console versions wont even be close to the pc versions fidelity/immersion in special ray tracing.

Nah, no conspiracy going on. RDNA2 and Ampere (6800/3070 for example) stack up nicely in normal rasterization, with Ampere performing somewhat better. Since RNDA2 RT is subpar its where it falls apart, aside from reconstruction tech and higher resolutions to an extend.

You wont get the same immersion as a high end pc on your PS5, its what it is. AMD GPUs like the 6800XT will probably do much better then the PS5 since it has double the amount of power available to aid RT (and everything else), cause thats how it works on RDNA2 GPUs. Also, IC might help out quite abit. This isnt a game you'd want to 'enjoy' at dynamic resolutions that dip below 1440p.

Last edited:
Back