CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

I have played about an hour, it reminds me of Deus Ex that I played on PS3 (not fps graphics, but gameplay/style).
I never played Witcher 3, so I can not compare the games, but are they similar gameplay wise?
Currently i feel its like 100% tutorial mode still and I have no real choices, except for some dialog options of basically reading more stuff.

Is this the gameplay I can expect going forward in this game?

Also a minor spoiler

it feels like the choice of corpo, nomad or streetkid is more cosmetic, than anything else.
Even small dialoug sequences does not care about my arasaka background, it talks about arasaka like i only know it by reputation.

I've played maybe 10 minutes so far, and had to quit 3 times just out of frustration. First off, it doesn't look impressive visually at all on my X1X. Second, the false choices are horrific, the second time they gave me dialog choices but forced to me to choose they one they wanted anyway, I had to put the game down for a bit.

I really hate this "narrative" style of gameplay introduction. Maybe it's because they want it to be "in game" rather than using strict cutscenes, but why have three people attack me and then give me control over movement but not allow me to attack them? What harm would it have done to just allow me to learn the movement and fighting mechanics at that point rather than later on when I'm "supposed" to?

And about that learning I'm supposed to do later... I'm only to the "VR hacking practice" part of the game and I quit again because the game never gives me the QTE prompt to knock out the guard, doesn't allow you to switch to the pistol that it shows you still have in the bottom corner and gives you no dialog or hints as to why I'm repeatedly failing a basic training mission.

I despise illusion of control games that are actually incredibly tightly scripted. As to your spoiler, I guessed that halfway through the intro.. that all the three "backgrounds" were going to be was three intro scripted movies where you couldn't make any real decisions because they all eventually merged into the same singular path.

1440p ultra settings, im getting between 58 fps and drops down to 30 fps in some of the more crowded areas. This game is demanding

Im running it on ryzen 3600, rtx 3070 and stored on nvme... thank god for g-sync otherwise i would be dissapointed :LOL:

Not sure if i should just chill and wait for more performance patches or keep playing

Ultra RT and DLSS too? I'm seriously considering a 3080 for this game.

after watching df material I think they should just skip ps4/xone versions, tomorrow user metacritic score of ps4 verision could be interesting ;d
That would mean dropping the whole last gen including the mid gens.

Graphically it looks bad, but it's the framerate, barren environment with lack of npc's etc that really hurts it.

Most would except that its not only previous gen but the base consoles, for example but its not just looking bad its everything else.

CPU really hurting it, and shows that even if you are able to scale graphics doesn't mean you'll end up with a reasonable experience.

And just to add it was painful to watch, I'm already preparing for surviving watching 1S.

That would mean dropping the whole last gen including the mid gens.

Graphically it looks bad, but it's the framerate, barren environment with lack of npc's etc that really hurts it.

Most would except that its not only previous gen but the base consoles, for example but its not just looking bad its everything else.

CPU really hurting it, and shows that even if you are able to scale graphics doesn't mean you'll end up with a reasonable experience.

They could have done two things, A design the game for 2013 hardware in mind and scale up, or B design for the highest end hardware possible and scale down.
A is going to deliver a great looking game, but not even close to what we got now, but it wont leave low end machines with bad performance. B delivers what we got today, gobsmacking graphics unlike anything else, old and/or lower specced hw down the range will suffer.
This game takes advantage of todays fast CPUs, 30+TF of gpu power, ray tracing, dlss, and nvme SSDs for streaming (HDD option is there....).

I like what they did, keep em coming.

Its no different to what crysis did.

I have no problems with my 2080Ti/3950x/nvme system. I cant max the game out, but close enough with DLSS. Playing around with the settings, unlike previous gen games, settings between low, medium, high and above actually do make differences to the eye instead of only performance. Same for ray tracing.
Your not even looking at the same game anymore between low/med to the highest settings.

If i would get a 3080 or higher, the game would look better even for the given performance levels. Its tempting, but im going to keep this over two year old beast awhile left. 30fps with low res isnt an option :p

can't wait for the real PS5 version, it will look as good.

You may want to prepare yourself for some disappointment. Those graphics are running with everything maxed out including Ray Tracing at 4K. Even a 3090 can't break 30fps at those settings without DLSS and the PS5 has neither DLSS or Ampere level RT capability.

The Watch Dogs Legion comparison should give a good indication of what to expect.

You may want to prepare yourself for some disappointment. Those graphics are running with everything maxed out including Ray Tracing at 4K. Even a 3090 can't break 30fps at those settings without DLSS and the PS5 has neither DLSS or Ampere level RT capability.

The Watch Dogs Legion comparison should give a good indication of what to expect.

Neither does the PS5 pack 6800XT/3080 rasterization level capability. Even rasterization power matters alot in this game seeing the benches with RT/DLSS off. In valhalla, the PS5 seems close/abit faster to 5700XT (amd optimized game). In pure rasterization, one gets an idea.

I think there is hope for ps5 version. CP2077 is very pretty to begin with and there is really good mix of ray tracing settings. Maybe they can come up with good optimizations and a hw specific compromise. But yeah, it's not going to match high end pc unless pc gets that much faster also.

I think there is hope for ps5 version. CP2077 is very pretty to begin with and there is really good mix of ray tracing settings. Maybe they can come up with good optimizations and a hw specific compromise. But yeah, it's not going to match high end pc unless pc gets that much faster also.

Optimizations will occur on all platforms (we can hope). The game could be looking better and better through patches then it already does maxed today, but will increase hardware requirements in the process perhaps.

I like what they did, keep em coming.

Its no different to what crysis did.
There's a big difference, one is PC which you can play with settings to get it to run decently, the other you can't.

I'm all for the crysis school of development and even have mentioned that a couple times today even.
But running at 15fps in this day and age isn't acceptable on console.
As I also said at least it's literally last gen now and will hopefully be hidden in the basement.

sure there is hope as w3 at beginning also had many problems but now I'm on first level when you drive car and even with this shitty 1188p and empty city it's certenly drops fps on ps5, much work to do for cdproject, for sure not month or two

With Ray Tracing and without DLSS 2.0, our RTX2080Ti cannot even come close to a 60fps experience. In our stress test, we were getting a minimum of 37fps and an average of 41fps at 1080p/Ultra/Ray Tracing Ultra. The performance hit of the Ray Tracing effects is also huge. Without Ray Tracing, we were able to get a 60fps experience at both 1080p and 1440p.

Things get more interesting with DLSS 2.0 though. Without Ray Tracing, we were able to get a 60fps experience at 4K/Ultra on our RTX2080Ti by using DLSS Performance Mode.

Furthermore, DLSS 2.0 is seriously black magic in this particular game. This is BY FAR the best implementation of DLSS 2.0 I’ve ever seen, and I highly recommend using it. For better or worse, my eyes are really sensitive to blurriness. After all, I was among the few that immediately noticed the blurriness of DLSS 2.0 Quality in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. However, DLSS 2.0 Performance is as crisp as a native resolution in Cyberpunk 2077. Yes, there is additional aliasing, however, there aren’t any “blur/vaseline” side-effects. Seriously, here are some comparison screenshots between 1440p native and DLSS 2.0 Performance. If there is one game that can truly show what DLSS 2.0 can do, it’s Cyberpunk 2077.
Cyberpunk 2077 Ray Tracing & DLSS 2.0 Benchmarks (dsogaming.com)

Ok, this is conclusively unplayable.

Never mind "dropping down". If your game never reaches the lofty heights of 20fps, it is unplayable.

Last edited:
A YouTuber called Santiago Santiago livestreamed testing the game with IIRC a midrange Ryzen 3000 and a bunch of older GPUs, including the PS4-ish (thinking back to DF’s console PCs) 750Ti. He had to use 720p and res scaling at 70% for an effective 504p to achieve a framerate in the 20s in “intense” scenes like the car shootout with the van. It sounds like CDPR should go sub-720p on the 1 and maybe even the PS4.

. ITs very much like the 2007 Crysis game all over again, but this one seems more optimized. Thanks CDPR!
I think 2077 is worse than Crysis in the performance department. Maybe not in the objective benchmarks of running the game at it's highest settings on contemporaneous hardware. But Crysis' highest settings did sort of tiny visual advantages like removing lossy texture compression and other things that had little effect on the visual makeup of the game. At resolutions and displays of it's day, it's pretty hard to tell the difference between the ultra and high settings in Crysis apart from the performance. Cyberpunk 2077... If you disable RT and some of the heavier features, well it changes the game visually in a fundamental way. I'm not saying that CP2077 doesn't look good with RT disabled, but it certainly looks different. And it's almost unplayable on cards that don't have DLSS, which is by any metric running the game at lower than normal resolutions.

A YouTuber called Santiago Santiago livestreamed testing the game with IIRC a midrange Ryzen 3000 and a bunch of older GPUs, including the PS4-ish (thinking back to DF’s console PCs) 750Ti. He had to use 720p and res scaling at 70% for an effective 504p to achieve a framerate in the 20s in “intense” scenes like the car shootout with the van. It sounds like CDPR should go sub-720p on the 1 and maybe even the PS4.

It's from the channel Adrenaline?
That channel showed the game running on a Ryzen 3 3200G only.
This game seems very heavy on the CPU, if that's the case the old gen consoles are doomed.

When we start getting some current gen only first party games we can see how they stack up to Cyberpunk in visuals/performance ratio. Crysis low performance on the GPU side was clearly justified because that generation of consoles never came remotely close to delivering a game with visuals so spectacular. Should games start surpassing Cyberpunk visuals we know it just wasn't very well optimized.

Back