CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

Played few minutes, on ps5 looks like good vr game, quite blurry

It was better to take the PC version. I think before next year, this is basically a PC game...

run this shit on my 2020 ps5 couse now is blurry mess ;d

They shouldnt have released it like this on either base 2013 or next gen consoles i think. Could be the result of 2077 being a pc game, another crysis. Yes you get visuals out of this world but scaling becomes more of a problem then. DF noted this being another crysis/pc game.

I've never been fussed about the best graphics.

Well then, theres a market for CP2077 on PS5 and even PS4 it seems :) In all seriousness, i doubt the ps5 version boots that much faster then my W10 pc which is always in sleep/steam running. All i have to do is wake up W10 and launch the game, very quick, no complaining about seconds of wait. Most of the time will be spend in gaming, not booting anyway.

This isn't to excuse CDPR but I have been playing their games from the first Witcher and they are always solid but flawed in many ways then after a bit of time refined technically and gameplay wise. EE edition of TW, Black edition of TW2, etc. That's why I have learned to wait a bit before I dive in.

But yeah, that RT with DLSS looks amazing from what I have seen.

Well then, theres a market for CP2077 on PS5 and even PS4 it seems :) In all seriousness, i doubt the ps5 version boots that much faster then my W10 pc which is always in sleep/steam running. All i have to do is wake up W10 and launch the game, very quick, no complaining about seconds of wait. Most of the time will be spend in gaming, not booting anyway.
My PS5 obliterates my PC in terms of loading times. I can get into Miles Morales faster than reaching the first splash screens in most PC games and I have a fast NVMe (WD SN750). Hence why Microsoft are working on DirectStorage.

But again, it's abut the ability to freeze a game for minutes/hours/days with a few button presses and pickup in seconds. The gaming system works around my hectic life! :yes:

My PS5 obliterates my PC in terms of loading times. I can get into Miles Morales faster than reaching the first splash screens in most PC games and I have a fast NVMe (WD SN750). Hence why Microsoft are working on DirectStorage.

But again, it's abut the ability to freeze a game for minutes/hours/days with a few button presses and pickup in seconds. The gaming system works around my hectic life! :yes:

Yes PS5 has the advantage for the SSD atm, and games like spiderman are optimized for it, whilest most pc/multiplat games arent yet. In case of CP2077, its a non-issue for me, i dont have the PS5 version, but booting the game from a W10 system from sleep isnt anything most are going to be bothered by, its quick.

They shouldnt have released it like this on either base 2013 or next gen consoles i think. Could be the result of 2077 being a pc game, another crysis. Yes you get visuals out of this world but scaling becomes more of a problem then. DF noted this being another crysis/pc game.
at least they doubled frames but other studios managed to have proper nextgen versions on launch

Cyberpunk 2077 runs in stereo? This weird trick will make it outputs surround sound

basically the exact same bug as The Witcher 3.

unrelated: ROFL after uploading this, google + youtube went DOWN/offline LOL felt as if i pressed a turn off button for google lol. what a coincidence

Last edited:
I have played about an hour, it reminds me of Deus Ex that I played on PS3 (not fps graphics, but gameplay/style).
I never played Witcher 3, so I can not compare the games, but are they similar gameplay wise?
Currently i feel its like 100% tutorial mode still and I have no real choices, except for some dialog options of basically reading more stuff.

Is this the gameplay I can expect going forward in this game?

Also a minor spoiler

it feels like the choice of corpo, nomad or streetkid is more cosmetic, than anything else.
Even small dialoug sequences does not care about my arasaka background, it talks about arasaka like i only know it by reputation.

I have played about an hour, it reminds me of Deus Ex that I played on PS3 (not fps graphics, but gameplay/style).
I never played Witcher 3, so I can not compare the games, but are they similar gameplay wise?
Currently i feel its like 100% tutorial mode still and I have no real choices, except for some dialog options of basically reading more stuff.

Is this the gameplay I can expect going forward in this game?

Also a minor spoiler

it feels like the choice of corpo, nomad or streetkid is more cosmetic, than anything else.
Even small dialoug sequences does not care about my arasaka background, it talks about arasaka like i only know it by reputation.

from reviews and trailers, it seems the game have tons of "illusion of freedom / player's agency".

jnrGvsydAJf5D828kNN9wC-970-80.png

5700xt 38fps on avarage 1440p ultra settings and 58fps with 1440p medium, so probably cdprojekt should target for nextgens medium 1440p performance mode, and high settings and resolution slightly above 1440p for fidelity, rt mode probably in 1080p, generally not best performance of amd cards in this game

5700xt 38fps on avarage 1440p ultra settings and 58fps with 1440p medium, so probably cdprojekt should target for nextgens medium 1440p performance mode, and high settings and resolution slightly above 1440p for fidelity, rt mode probably in 1080p

The game is also rather CPU heavy, much more so then anything else so far it seems. Theres so much going on at the same time in this game, i can understand why. Anyone with a 3700x tried this game?

I play with ryzen 2600x recommended setting (which are high apparently) on 1080p no problems at all. So far it looks like solid 60 ( about 2-3 hours in the game)

I'm on 2600 ryzen and gtx 1660 super.

I let the game dynamically adjust resolution from 1080p to 4k. With high quality setting.

1. 60 fps at around 1440p most of the time (I'm just eyeballing it)

2. Mirror when showing player model = 1080p at under 30 fps. Dunno why. Maybe related to RT bug some reviewers mentioned? They say RT + player model in mirror = murdered frame rate.

3. Zero visual glitch, other than weird pop ins that randomly happens.

4. Audio only outputs stereo. But fixed with the dll files on the YouTube video I posted above

Basically it runs better than horizontal zero dawn.

Ok nice that a 2600 does so well. It should, anyway, its what alex said should suffice for next gen :)

Audio only outputs stereo. But fixed with the dll files on the YouTube video I posted above

It should do atmos i think. Il look into that DLL fix (why didnt they find this in testing?).

5700xt 38fps on avarage 1440p ultra settings and 58fps with 1440p medium, so probably cdprojekt should target for nextgens medium 1440p performance mode, and high settings and resolution slightly above 1440p for fidelity, rt mode probably in 1080p, generally not best performance of amd cards in this game

There is a high setting, but I don't know why TH hasn't measured that. However this game seems to be NVIDIA optimized and I believe consoles will get better results that their PC counterparts. Here the 6800 barely beats the 3070 when in other games has a wider gap (10-20%).

My guess is that with the nextgen patch they should be able to run it between 1080p - 1440p at high settings with mostly solid 60fps.

edit: didn't take into account NVIDIA's advantage on RT games so I could be wrong, which would explain why the 3070 and 6800 are so close.

Ok nice that a 2600 does so well. It should, anyway, its what alex said should suffice for next gen :)

It should do atmos i think. Il look into that DLL fix (why didnt they find this in testing?).

Maybe it's an inherent bug in their engine? Since that audio bug was also in the witcher 3 and never got fixed.

Btw the dll fix only force the game to output surround sound, the audio still in LPCM. So those that only have DD sound system (or using spdif) need to use the Dolby audio fix on my other YouTube video.

There is a high setting, but I don't know why TH hasn't measured that. However this game seems to be NVIDIA optimized and I believe consoles will get better results that their PC counterparts. Here the 6800 barely beats the 3070 when in other games has a wider gap (10-20%).

My guess is that with the nextgen patch they should be able to run it between 1080p - 1440p at high settings with mostly solid 60fps.

edit: didn't take into account NVIDIA's advantage on RT games so I could be wrong, which would explain why the 3070 and 6800 are so close.
in this benchamark I posted rt is off

in this benchamark I posted rt is off

Watching and reading reviews it seems ampere has the advantage in non-rt workloads too for this one. 6800 and up for AMD and your good it seems. For NV that would be 3070. Seems like its well optimized for both architectures, as the 6800 and 3070 should be close.
Not talking dlss and rt for the above, ofcourse.

Back