CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

If you buy base version and you are not happy how it runs you will get free upgrade on next gen consoles thou. I still think you should have realistic expectations. I own ps4 there is a reason why i chose to buy it on PC

No this is shitty because some people would have wait and paid the game cheaper. This is pure bullshit on CdProjekt part. Some people learn the games run like shit basically when they are waiting the game to be delivred at home.

I did not preorder the game I was knowing the game will run like shit on last gen consoles and I wait to have a PS5 and the current gen patch to play it.

I've not seen anything apart from last couple posts here.
If XSS handles it half decently in comparison to previous xbox gen especially XO, could be the biggest selling point there is.
What they needed to do was roll the marketing deal over to the XSS to push it, as this game will still be selling into next year.

Might go back a couple pages yo see if there's a decent round up of how it is on each platform. As last couple posts seems to be pretty negative (about XO anyway)

Rockstar managed to get RDR running and looking acceptably on base Xbox One. Is this game pushing beyond RDR 2? I've only seen these YouTube videos which I don't find super impressive.

No this is shitty because some people would have wait and paid the game cheaper. This is pure bullshit on CdProjekt part. Some people learn the games run like shit basically when they are waiting the game to be delivred at home.

I did not preorder the game I was knowing the game will run like shit on last gen consoles and I wait to have a PS5 and the current gen patch to play it.

cant they refund it? dunno how easy it is on sony and ms platform, on steam it was super easy albeit super slow (IIRC the money was frozen for 24 hours)

yes and this is your right as a consumer. Noone forces you to buy it but still is good to have a choice . They didnt show footage of base consoles yes you are right, at the same time many companies shows retouched footage pf promo vids, this is how things works. Game was delayed becouse CDPR said they had problems to get it running on base consoles so that was a first warning sign. People should be less naive i think, i dont expect my old PC to run it at MAX with RT on, i till enjoy the game regardless. And as someone already mention that we are in this transition period where most of cross gen titles will probably run / look much worse on base consoles.

These tests on PC are using Max settings but it's apparently brutal for older CPUs. The Ryzen 3300x hits a minimum of 21 FPS in this test, and there's a clear scaling to higher core/thread counts when going from Ryzen 3 to Ryzen 5 and then 7.
AFAIK this might be the first game where the old powerhouses i7 7700k now could be considered unplayable.

https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Cybe...k-2077-Benchmarks-GPU-CPU-Raytracing-1363331/

Well, the peformance on standard consoles is a disaster - so I wait. In light of all the bugs, one wonders how the development team could fail this hard?

I think It's simply a next gen game hastily ported on old gen. It "runs-ish" on base consoles, ship it.

It's perplexing. This game has been in development for years and years. The only way you can figure this could happen was if CDPR really didn't think about - or make any attempt - to have code running 2013 console hardware until the last 12-18 months but it's hard to imagine that happening. This isn't their first open world console game, the Witcher 3 was a bit rough at launch but was pretty good all round.

The analysis above with the base Xbox one version dropping frequently to 14-17 fps at what looks to be around 720p is just staggeringly bad. How can you even have the gall to release a game in this state given how massive the console user bases are, with the vast majority of people playing on 2013-performant hardware?

I'll be playing on PS5 but I if had bought this on base hardware, I'd be asking for a refund. Maybe check out the game in 6-12 months when a) it's cheaper and b) it may be running acceptably.

I do feel both Sony and Microsoft share some of the blame here, they get to say what gets released on their platforms. I think both should rejected the base console versions and refund anybody who wants their money back, no questions asked.

17 frames per second on Xbox One

EDIT:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...and-xbox-one-and-the-memes-have-already-begun

ve had a chat with Digital Foundry's Tom Morgan, who provided me with some screenshots of Cyberpunk 2077 running on a base PS4 alongside some analysis:

According to Morgan, Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4 looks very blurry, running between 720p and 900p resolution, and the framerate for any driving around the big city areas is constantly at around 20. While some indoor battles run well at 30fps, they can drop to 25fps. Framerate drops are one thing, but there's also hitching - big hiccups in the action where a new object or texture needs to load in. This can make it a challenge to shoot or drive.

Running the game on PlayStation 5 via backwards compatibility does improve matters to a degree - certainly the loading is faster, and the framerate is unlocked to 60fps - but the glitches, including the T-posing NPCs, remain.

It turns out that Cyberpunk 2077 on PS5 does not have the "quality mode" that is available on Xbox Series X. That is to say, the game on PS5 runs in "performance mode" by default. On Xbox Series X you can switch between the two. Quality mode shoots for a high resolution, something approaching 4K and 30 frames per second, whereas performance mode aims for a smooth experience. It's worth noting the Xbox Series S does not have this toggle between modes, either.

jpg

jpg

jpg

EDIT: at least this is funny

Last edited:
The high framerate mode on XSX (with day one patch). It's maybe why they needed to add a 30fps mode on XSX, it's really unstable even at 1080p.

HGQuiPd.png

ZY2gyWn.png

The analysis above with the base Xbox one version dropping frequently to 14-17 fps at what looks to be around 720p is just staggeringly bad. How can you even have the gall to release a game in this state given how massive the console user bases are, with the vast majority of people playing on 2013-performant hardware?
How does it run on mid gen machines?
Those framerates on XO isn't good, but at least it's literally at the end of the gen /previous one.
They've pushed so far it's just not viable on last gen, guess refund would be nice for people who aren't happy.

First game that really need to upgrade for.

That was funny

Back