Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19) (SARS-CoV-2) [2020]

It looked like a scene out of a very realistic horror movie. It's really driven home to me this is some serious shit.

My wife did get a hold of her doctor yesterday and had a full televisit. The doc is aware of her condition and gave her the meds to deal with it which I got her last night. She's still feeling like shit and will for a few more days, but she'll live and get better. :love:

She's gonna have to talk to a surgeon about having that section of her bowels removed, but that's a later "post-pandemic" thing and not an emergency rush.

Thanks for letting me panic and all the love, it's appreciated. The ER room really did pound more reality into me, and it scared me even worse.

7 coronavirus deaths reported at 3 Washington state nursing homes after staffers attended large wedding

The wedding with 300 people took place last month inside an airplane hangar

Seven residents at three Washington state nursing homes have died of coronavirus in an outbreak linked to staff who attended a large wedding last month and became infected.

The outbreaks were reported on Nov. 20 -- about two weeks after the wedding in rural Ritzville attended by hundreds of people, according to reports.

The victims were elderly men with underlying medical conditions, the Grant County Health District reported Thursday.

The virus may have also killed four other residents at two of the facilities, the health district said. The cause of death in those cases is pending.

In a statement, the district said it hasn’t confirmed if staff members infected at the wedding had direct contact with the seven residents who died.

“Because staff in these facilities care for entire units, direct contact with associated patients is not known,” they said.

More than 300 people attended the Nov. 7 wedding inside an airplane hangar, the Tri-City Herald reported Thursday.

At the time, statewide coronavirus restrictions limited wedding gatherings to 30 guests or fewer, according to the paper.

On Nov. 16, health officials said at least 17 people who attended the wedding had become infected. Other attendees were urged to get tested and quarantine.

The nursing homes reporting the deaths were identified as McKay Healthcare & Rehab Center in Soap Lake; Lake Ridge Center in Moses Lake; and Columbia Crest Center in Moses Lake.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/7-coronavirus-deaths-washington-state-nursing-homes-wedding

Defiant Staten Island bar had its license revoked for blatantly ignoring restrictions on indoor service. Had its liquor license suspended or revoked. But kept serving people so police went to confront them and the bar manager tried to escape in his jeep, collided with a deputy's vehicle.

The owners are defiant and the MAGA have held demonstrations outside the bar in support as well as raise $80k to support the bar.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/06/nyregion/staten-island-bar-owner.html

Why don't they simply cut power to the place? Naild the doors shut too.

FML. My wife just went in for a covid test at the hospital we were at last time. She checked and there's only a 3 hour ER room wait with only 3 people ahead of her for triage so she's gonna wait it out.

I get it, I do. If her diverticulitis ruptures it's life threatening and her plan was to stay at home until it does and then just call an ambulance and skip the bullshit, but this seems a lot less painful and it's her call not mine anyways.

I'm just freaking. I've been sleeping 18 hours or so on average the last few days and I still feel tired. I think it's just a bug, but if her test comes back positive I'll get tested.

F-WORD I hate this situation! It's one thing to read about it in the news, it's another thing to be driving your wife all over the county looking for a hospital that will admit her. :(

I got COVID last week from a friend and my doctor advised I get tested at his practice. I did so and 15 minutes after my test they called and told me I was positive. I knew I was anyway since I lost my smell completely and had congestion, with my friend testing positive 2 days prior.

I got COVID last week from a friend and my doctor advised I get tested at his practice. I did so and 15 minutes after my test they called and told me I was positive. I knew I was anyway since I lost my smell completely and had congestion, with my friend testing positive 2 days prior.

I hope you recover quickly! Are you one of lucky ones who just shake it off or is it getting worse?

I hope you recover quickly! Are you one of lucky ones who just shake it off or is it getting worse?
I had flu-like symptoms (head congestion) and loss of smell/taste for about 4 days and now I seem to be fairly clear of symptoms. No chest or breathing issues so far thankfully. I'm coming up to almost 7 days which is when my doctor warned me I could suddenly gain breathing problems and to be wary.

Vaccination started in UK yesterday. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-55227325
Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine.

A UK grandmother has become the first person in the world to be given the Pfizer Covid-19 jab as part of a mass vaccination programme.

Margaret Keenan, who turns 91 next week, said the injection she received at 06:31 GMT was the "best early birthday present".

It was the first of 800,000 doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine that will be dispensed in the coming weeks.

Up to four million more are expected by the end of the month.

Hubs in the UK are starting the rollout by vaccinating the over-80s and some health and care staff.

US regulators have confirmed the Pfizer/BioNTech Covid vaccine is 95% effective, paving the way for it to be approved for emergency use.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) found no safety concerns to stop approval of the vaccine.

It is the first time this level of detail for the jab, which the UK has already started using for mass vaccination, has been published.

The FDA will meet on Thursday to make a formal decision.

The agency is yet to approve the vaccine, but has published a document stating the trial data was "consistent" with the recommendations set out in its emergency use guidance.

The UK's regulatory body, the MHRA, approved the vaccine last week.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55228421

I had flu-like symptoms (head congestion) and loss of smell/taste for about 4 days and now I seem to be fairly clear of symptoms. No chest or breathing issues so far thankfully. I'm coming up to almost 7 days which is when my doctor warned me I could suddenly gain breathing problems and to be wary.
hope all goes smoothly with your recovery Malo!

Back