Halo Infinite [Fall 2021] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

Yeah, it's basically gaas like destiny. So an overhaul, content drop, etc post release are a good thing to keep things fresh

Personally I would have been happy to play the game at launch day as it is now. It looked fun to play and the graphics were good enough. They could have just committed to a post launch patch improving the visuals similar to what Cyberpunk will get at some point. The gameplay should be solid anyway. This game was supposed to be the flagship launch game since forever and it missing the launch is imo an inexcusable failure of the entire Xbox organization. They better make this delay worth all the trouble! :mad:

They did commit to a graphics patch a couple of months after launch, I wonder when it will end up releasing now

I dont suppose we have any idea how much effort or work has to be done to get additional content added? For Destiny we eventually heard how horrible it was to make content changes, is that the same situation here?
No idea honestly.

Personally I would have been happy to play the game at launch day as it is now. It looked fun to play and the graphics were good enough. They could have just committed to a post launch patch improving the visuals similar to what Cyberpunk will get at some point. The gameplay should be solid anyway. This game was supposed to be the flagship launch game since forever and it missing the launch is imo an inexcusable failure of the entire Xbox organization. They better make this delay worth all the trouble! :mad:
game in motion still looks great to me. Playing it on a 4k 120hz screen was a great experiance.

But in all honesty the delay will only be a good thing. It gives them more time to work on content , it gives them time to finish the enhancements for the series family. They are also sold out of xbox series systems. So this gives them a shot in the arm as holiday sales start to tamper off.

They did commit to a graphics patch a couple of months after launch, I wonder when it will end up releasing now

It will now be part of the game at launch. its what they are working on now including ray tracing and other features added along with a pass over all textures replacing them with higher quality ones

Halo should have been a launch game, its the xbox title. But if they can release it in much better state graphics wise later, i can totally live with that.

Halo should have been a launch game, its the xbox title. But if they can release it in much better state graphics wise later, i can totally live with that.
halo just needs to be an incredible sp + mp experience again. (but frankly, for me I dunno it's only ever been okay - I was too much of a CS/Quake guy back when Halo released)

If they get at that right the other areas, graphics and making it on launch they can work on.

If they can beat destiny in the gameplay department I think that would be a worthy benchmark to measure themselves against.

Launch titles aren't needed. People complain there is nothing new on the xbox but its sold out at launch and through the holiday. After the holiday they can start showing off how halo looks with its new graphics and all the content that will be in the game and release it in spring which is when shipments will catch up with demand and hopefully for microsoft it will spur console sales.

Chief is enchanted. Sorry this is the beginning of Halo 4, I just didn't know where else to put this.
Still surprised that they didn't try to make the game look closer to the cutscenes for H5, very mind boggling.
because it was a 2016 xbox one title that got pushed to a xbox one / x title that then became a 2020 xbox series title .

because it was a 2016 xbox one title that got pushed to a xbox one / x title that then became a 2020 xbox series title .
how could that be though?
2015 was H5. They couldn't have been ready that quickly

Launch titles aren't needed. People complain there is nothing new on the xbox but its sold out at launch and through the holiday. After the holiday they can start showing off how halo looks with its new graphics and all the content that will be in the game and release it in spring which is when shipments will catch up with demand and hopefully for microsoft it will spur console sales.
I think most of 2021 will be tough for MS - but when their 1st party studio will start pumping the content it will be more interesting.
I see PS5 dominating 2021 by a huge margin - the whole of 2021 is full of various games, but MS has...none basically (unless some surprise announcements....MS really need to step up with some Asian titles).

I can mostly agree with this, that's why they are putting so much into Gears 5 update to tide people over. If Halo Infinite turns out amazing though and is available by Fall 2021 MS should be in good shape.

I'm gonna spend most of 2021 playing all the Xbox titles, i missed out on this Gen since i was PS4 only.
Looking forward to Halo 5, and probably replaying the entire MCC collection, should finish just in time for Infinite!

I'm a big Halo fan, but got really into table top gaming for most of the Xbox One generation so I haven't played anything since Reach. I'm trying to get my son to play through the MCC with me on XSX. He was only 3 when Halo came out. Either that or I'll catch up on my own before Infinite comes out.

Halo Update:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/inside-infinite-december-2020

Now coming Fall 2021

hi-multiplayer-map-1-1920x1080-700e17f6883447738bf25bc750b69d32.jpg

hi-multiplayer-map-2-1920x1080-4b85484a2b294c07951bec8b636d2270.jpg

I can’t tell if those are screen shots or concept art?

From the article they appear to be shots from one of the multiplayer maps.

In today’s update, we’re providing the first glimpses of an interior space via one of Halo Infinite’s work-in-progress multiplayer maps.

Also, this came out funny in my head...

Where the primary difference comes into play is the sheer density of content in the expansive outdoor environment and the challenges that brings in authoring the content at scale, and then at runtime efficiently streaming all that data and rendering it at a smooth 60 frames per second at high resolutions. Another difference that is unique to the exterior environment is the seamless time of day, which requires a more dynamic global illumination approach, along with providing various knobs to control the elements of lighting, sky and atmospherics, and color grading as time progresses.

This is the first time that a game in the Halo franchise has had to tackle either of these challenges, and so the team had to spend a lot of cycles building and optimizing engine and toolchain functionality to facilitate this experience in Halo Infinite.

In the context of the first paragraph, the second paragraph came across as a ... how should I say, polite way of saying, "This M*@#$@$F#$@ing engine! AAUUUGGGGHHHH!"

At least when I think back on what some of the people that worked on Halo Infinite have said about the engine.

Regards,
SB

I can’t tell if those are screen shots or concept art?
They still got a ways to go imo, but if it looks like this at 120fps, that's pretty good. By next year though, they're going to be running into some heavy competition for graphics - the single player is really what needs to be amped up if that's where they want to compete.

Back