CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

Several PC reviewers with higher-end systems noted that pushing graphics settings up made the game look a lot worse - CDPR advised them to leave the graphics settings on default and not crank up settings. DLSS is not recommended.

Have you seen the Toms Hardware performance review posted above by pharma? Here it is again:

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-performance-preview

You'd have to be insane not to turn on DLSS if you have the option. You are talking an almost 3x performance increase (that's not a typo) by using DLSS Quality mode at 4K with RT set to Ulta on a 3080 - 11.4FPS to 33fps. Similar gains can be seen elsewhere.

It's literally the only way to play the game at 4k with any level of Ray Tracing regardless of your hardware. They also post some comparison shots where there's minimal difference between DLSS Q and Native. And what minor differences there are, I'm pretty sure are worth the 3x performance increase!

nsNEQMZm49df5ouvbbULKm-1920-80.jpg

bXrJU2TR6xABU8iHDBj8W-1920-80.jpg

Have you seen the Toms Hardware performance review posted above by pharma? Here it is again:

You'd have to be insane not to turn on DLSS if you have the option. You are talking an almost 3x performance increase (that's not a typo) by using DLSS Quality mode at 4K with RT set to Ulta on a 3080 - 11.4FPS to 33fps. Similar gains can be seen elsewhere.
Two reviewers both mentioned the DLSS issue and issues encountered when graphics settings from default. Easy Allies was one and I think GameSpot was another one but I honestly can't remember because I watched a lot of reviews/impressions videos yesterday. :yes:

But here is the Easy Allies video starting around 28 mins in which is when they begin talking about graphics issues..

It's all a bit of a mess because some reviewers had review copies on a CDPR-provided laptop, other were running the game on their own hardware and there is obviously a lot of variety on hardware. Likewise, there's not really been a consistent explanation of the state of the game or even the patch status of the game as many reviewers played it different times, some pre-patch-X and some post-patch-X. A few described having the game as "half a day 0 patch" which I don't understand at all.

Damn thats sexy looking game!

RT looks a mixed bag in the version out there now. There are some pics over on resetera of a low-lit corridor and I think it looks better without RT because it's dark and moody, whereas with RT on and light bouncing around it looks too well lit.

But yes, I like the visual aesthetic of the game overall.

Last edited by a moderator:

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-performance-preview

It's literally the only way to play the game at 4k with any level of Ray Tracing regardless of your hardware. They also post some comparison shots where there's minimal difference between DLSS Q and Native. And what minor differences there are, I'm pretty sure are worth the 3x performance increase!

nsNEQMZm49df5ouvbbULKm-1920-80.jpg

bXrJU2TR6xABU8iHDBj8W-1920-80.jpg

Yeah dlss is ridiculously good. It's one of the regret I felt for buying a new 1660 super instead of a used rtx.

Its really rare to find games that properly supports TAA for upsampling. From games I have, it's only msfs20 and ace combat 7 (buggy main menu tho).

Hopefully cyberpunk TAA will work properly for upsampling

I keep hearing the driving mechanics are either floaty or feel tacked on. That the cars are beautifully rendered, but not really enjoyable at times.
I've read the vehicles you get access too early on aren't great, that motorcycles are pretty good and that later vehicles are pretty good but I've also ready so many varying accounts of vehicle handling in GTA too. As long as it's not Saints Row flighty, I don't mind.

I've read the vehicles you get access too early on aren't great, that motorcycles are pretty good and that later vehicles are pretty good but I've also ready so many varying accounts of vehicle handling in GTA too. As long as it's not Saints Row flighty, I don't mind.

This would be cool and make sense if cheaper cars are generally, but not always, floaty and control badly. Sort of like real life. A Yugo back in the day was never going to handle as well as a Ferrari, after all. Of course, there's always exceptions like the old Mazda's or legendary Datsuns. I'm certainly not expecting some of those massive trucks to control well for example. :D

Now if all the cars end up feeling floaty and control badly that would be unfortunate. But I'm getting this as an RPG so, at least for me, how well a vehicle controls is the least interesting thing in the game. But it would certainly add to the immersion if they control like how you might expect a certain class of car to control.

Regards,
SB

I thought this was released on the 10th, but the pre-download on my PS5 made it looked it was playable at noon cet on the 9th? Is that when it becomes the 10th somewhere else in the world? New Zeland?

Why the heck is the release aligned to GMT, which is not even the timezone of Poland?

Why not Crazy Kangaroo time, i.e earlier?

Why the heck is the release aligned to GMT, which is not even the timezone of Poland?

Why not Crazy Kangaroo time, i.e earlier?
because GMT/UTC is by far the most logical? That's just 00:00 + whatever offset for the country you are in. Really easy to calculate and remember.

Certainly beats what you see Americans doing that go like oh yeah this is gonna happen at EST +3 and nobody in the world will know whatever time that is.

because GMT/UTC is by far the most logical? That's just 00:00 + whatever offset for the country you are in. Really easy to calculate and remember.
It makes sense if you live around a GMT timezone because it's the middle of the night but otherwise it's an arbitrary hour of the day.

Anyway, the pre-load patching on console continues unabated. On Xbox the latest patch (15Gb on Monday I think) is leaving the game on v1.0.0.6 and the game install is sitting around 57Gb.

On PS4/PS5 I had a 102Gb download on PS4/PS5 then overnight another 28Gb patch, although the the install size remains at 102Gb and the download status shows 132.8Gb of 130.9Gb :runaway: IIRC PS4 games do not patch until lock, so the 102Gb is the original game 60Gb image and the 40Gb patch that PC owners got plus the final pre-launch patch, once the patching is complete it should deflate down to <60gb. Something similar happened with RDR2 I think.

The question is, how big is the patch coming tomorrow and how less janky will the game be? :runaway:

GTM is easy to calculate off, that is all. Would it have been any less arbitrary if they would have said 00:00 CES? That would have been just as random a time for most people as GMT 00:00.

Back