CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

A game as hyped as this will never live up to it. As long as its as good as Witcher 3 storywise and open world richness then im satisfied

I agree.

To put this into perspective, I hate driving my 1000HP car as it's just more power but still it limits me to turn steering and using pedals for acceleration and breaks. I was expecting something more from it...
But for petrol-head like me above cannot be more wrong ;)

Last edited:
I am just wondering if the game (on PC) has the same graphical detail as the (excellent) initial behind closed doors press reveal

Gamespot gives it 7/10 too. I think the site who will receive the game later and more review the game wil be between 85 and 90 a good game but I see a french guy saying the game is not as good as The Witcher 3.
I'm not saying it's 10/10 game as I didn't play it but review sounds like another days gone bs review, one of argument: "The incorporation of different cultures and backgrounds is wildly inconsistent, from good to inaccurate to downright offensive"

Last edited:
I not saying it's 10/10 game as I didn't play it but review sounds like another days gone bs review, one of argument: "The incorporation of different cultures and backgrounds is wildly inconsistent, from good to inaccurate to downright offensive"

I did not read the GS review but PCGamer give it 78/100 too and some other test will arrive. It is a good games. The game will probably be between 85 and 90 and maybe stay at 90 but it is not perfect. Great story, writing, good quest, good RPG mechanism and choice, great graphics, much better production value than TW3(great facial animation, attention to details, world is better and more dense) but combat are average, hacking is ok, many bugs, driving is bad, chase aren't great AI is bad and so on...

EDIT: The main story is shorter than TW3 but the pacing is better and this is quality on my side.

Last edited:
EDIT: The main story is shorter than TW3 but the pacing is better and this is quality on my side.
Didn't they shorten the story a few months ago based on dialogue with a review group? I'm hoping that can be added back via DLC patch if required.

Edit: IGN review gave this a 9, which I believe is higher than the Witcher series (except the Witcher 2 Enhanced version).
Cyberpunk 2077 kicks you into its beautiful and dazzlingly dense cityscape with few restrictions. It offers a staggering amount of choice in how to build your character, approach quests, and confront enemies, and your decisions can have a tangible and natural-feeling impact on both the world around you and the stories of the people who inhabit it. Those stories can be emotional, funny, dark, exciting, and sometimes all of those things at once. The main quest may be shorter than expected when taken on its own and it’s not always clear what you need to do to make meaningful changes to its finale, but the multitude of side quests available almost from the start can have a surprisingly powerful effect on the options you have when you get there. It’s a shame that frustratingly frequent bugs can occasionally kill an otherwise well-set mood, but Cyberpunk 2077’s impressively flexible design makes it a truly remarkable RPG.

Last edited:
Didn't they shorten the story a few months ago based on dialogue with a review group? I'm hoping that can be added back via DLC patch if required.

Edit: IGN review gave this a 9, which I believe is higher than the Witcher series (except the Witcher 2 Enhanced version).

No they reduce the main story because many peoples did not finish the Witcher 3 because the game was very long.

But there is tons of things to do in side quest.

One reviewer that I've been following since this summer is Jeff Grub at GamesBeat/VentureBeat. He had a review that I think disagrees with most. He gave it a 3 out of 5 score...

https://venturebeat.com/2020/12/07/cyberpunk-2077-review-a-look-at-the-present-not-the-future/
Looks like passing on this might be the right call. Might be a pretty showcase, but it doesn't seem sound real deep.

Tommy McClain
Looking at his review history, this guy is generous. His average score is 8.5!!!
https://opencritic.com/critic/1047/jeff-grubb
I wonder why he scored it so low!
Users' reviews are the best indicator of a games's quality for me.

Luckily I'm too old to know better than read reviews made by people with different agendas and skew my view on the world through their views.
I love playing RPG games and do it mainly for story and interaction with game characters. I enjoy discovering little secrets, Easter eggs, or go through emotions and stories game is trying to portray.

This is not and will not be a game for everyone, that was the case with Mass Effect, The Witcher or Dragonage and will stay that way with CP2077.

I liked Young Yea YT review, as he is original CP fan and can appreciate little nuances this game offers.

Some reviewers are probably afraid to give the game a high grade because of the twitter of the CDPR company making fun of trans issues.
You can create a character with both male and female parts, which I believed would be good and progressive, however, this apparently is offensive to people who actual have those issues. And if that was not bad enough, on twitter CDPR were ridiculing the types of people who take offensive with no options or in this case not enough options.

If IRL a human who looks like what people would call a woman, but this human wants to have a penis, then this is good for the human of course if the human lives in a first world country where this can happen. But if somebody finds this attractive, then this person is wrong because the person is fetishising it. But if somebody does not find it attractive that a person looks like a traditional something, but has a traditional something else underneath then that person is also wrong because the person is not respectful towards trans issues.

So in the game it's a lose-lose situation. Not having trans people or options is wrong, but having them is wrong also because some people like it.
The developers should not have taunted the social people on twitter though, because that is bullying

Some reviewers are probably afraid to give the game a high grade because of the twitter of the CDPR company making fun of trans issues.
You can create a character with both male and female parts, which I believed would be good and progressive, however, this apparently is offensive to people who actual have those issues. And if that was not bad enough, on twitter CDPR were ridiculing the types of people who take offensive with no options or in this case not enough options.

If IRL a human who looks like what people would call a woman, but this human wants to have a penis, then this is good for the human of course if the human lives in a first world country where this can happen. But if somebody finds this attractive, then this person is wrong because the person is fetishising it. But if somebody does not find it attractive that a person looks like a traditional something, but has a traditional something else underneath then that person is also wrong because the person is not respectful towards trans issues.

So in the game it's a lose-lose situation. Not having trans people or options is wrong, but having them is wrong also because some people like it.
The developers should not have taunted the social people on twitter though, because that is bullying

At least I was born at a time where there were only two genders and I know that I'm a man. I have no doubts about myself, can take criticism and know what I'm expected to do to provide my family as a man and defend it when needed, even at the cost of my own life. People nowdays have not enough real problems, like what to eat to survive so they are creating different 'problems' and shout about them. If I encounter persons like that, I ignore them and move on, like in a proper RPG, you have a choice.
Just to be clear, I have no problem if someone is gay or bi or less. I have very good lesbian friends, but they are nowhere near like some of these people on internet taking issue with everything as you described it.

Anyway, can't wait to try CP2077 and see what awaits me in that game, but I will play as a male with all the male parts in the right places, see if in 2077 you can still have meaningful relationships and watch that place burn! ;)

EDIT: PC version preload is 58GB

Last edited:
Arstechnica.com review says

In another case I was under fire from an irate target, ducked into a bathroom, then stepped out a second later to find she had completely forgotten about me. Such situations are far from uncommon.

Isn't that on almost all open world games? As soon as the "police meter timer thingy" timed out (hidden or visible on hud), NPCs forgets you.

I think it's only elders scrolls and Mafia 2 that have NPCs that can remember you.

Skyrim "don't steal my sweet roll"

Mafia 2 "officer! That's the guy that robbed my store/gas station!"

Jeff Grubb tweet

"I don't want a world that just suggests more. I want a game that enables me to do more. And any time you see Cyberpunk suggesting a possibility, you're bound to be disappointed that you cannot actually do much with it. Stick to the quests. Enjoy the characters. That's great."

Fair enough statement but the question is does he have the same expectation for every game he reviews and score them to the same standards? Looking at previous scores his given to other games no he doesn't.

I find this a massive failing with reviews these days. For some inexplicable reason reviewers tend to have different standards for different games.

Jeff Grubb tweet

"I don't want a world that just suggests more. I want a game that enables me to do more. And any time you see Cyberpunk suggesting a possibility, you're bound to be disappointed that you cannot actually do much with it. Stick to the quests. Enjoy the characters. That's great."

Fair enough statement but the question is does he have the same expectation for every game he reviews and score them to the same standards? Looking at previous scores his given to other games no he doesn't.

I find this a massive failing with reviews these days. For some inexplicable reason reviewers tend to have different standards for different games.

It does kind of come across as him giving it a bad review just because the game has gotten more attention than other games that he's reviewed, which is kind of a dick move, IMO.

But, whatever. It doesn't matter to me whether anyone else likes the game or not. All that matters is whether I'll like the game or not. Just the fact that it's the closest thing we've gotten to the original PC version of Deus Ex is enough for me to get excited.

Now, if it can actually exceed the original Deus Ex, it'll instantly be one of my top 10 games ever released. But I won't know that until I play it, and I may not get the time to play it for a while yet. /sigh.

Regards,
SB

But, whatever. It doesn't matter to me whether anyone else likes the game or not. All that matters is whether I'll like the game or not. Just the fact that it's the closest thing we've gotten to the original PC version of Deus Ex is enough for me to get excited.

Same for me, Deus Ex is very close to my heart so that type of game in an open world makes me giddy but I will have to wait for a discounted price.:(

It does kind of come across as him giving it a bad review just because the game has gotten more attention than other games that he's reviewed, which is kind of a dick move, IMO.

I watched his review and it's perfectly fair criticism. He's totally fair about how you may really like the game and why it fell a little short for him.

He is keying into my own bias. I'm bored of the facade of current gen cities too. (But may still pick up and enjoy Cyberpunk at some point. More likely to play it for a bit, coo at the nice graphics and then get annoyed, like with other CPR games)

Luckily I'm too old to know better than read reviews made by people with different agendas and skew my view on the world through their views. I love playing RPG games and do it mainly for story and interaction with game characters. I enjoy discovering little secrets, Easter eggs, or go through emotions and stories game is trying to portray.
.. .. ..
This is not and will not be a game for everyone, that was the case with Mass Effect, The Witcher or Dragonage and will stay that way with CP2077.

The PC version is currently sitting at 91 on meteoritic. I read or watched a bunch of spoiler-free reviews / early impressions yesterday and it's worth noting that a bunch of sites are only providing early impressions and not final review scores and there are a few reasons for this: the first is the state of the game technically, which is pretty bad on PC and which most reviewers are hoping will improve with the day 1 patch. Several PC reviewers with higher-end systems noted that pushing graphics settings up made the game look a lot worse - CDPR advised them to leave the graphics settings on default and not crank up settings. DLSS is not recommended. A few reviewers have referred to getting a 40Gb patch that was described as "half a day zero patch"(!) but isn't the day 1 patch.

Another reason for not having a final review is that under the terms of the review embargo, reviews can only include footage provided by CDPR and not what they've captured. Finally, no reviewer has seen the console versions - although videos for the game running on console are easy enough to find. Nextgen consoles look pretty good but it is a bug fest.

What I'm hearing, I like. The game's core length is much more appealing to me but knowing that there are a huge amount of solid side quest lines far exceeding the core main mission reassures me I will get a lot of deployability out of this one. There are many, very different, game outcomes.

Likewise, I'm picky about which review sites and individual reviewers I watch for certain games. I generally know which reviewers have a similar tastes in games as myself so seek those out where I can. I've seen a bunch of reviews quotes which comment on things like guns being bad then stating that went for a stealth play through not using guns and its like some folks have no idea about RPG mechanics work. I feel some of this is on CDPR as they're marking this like an action-shooter.

I caved and bought it for PS4/PS5, 102Gb of it is downloading now and there is supposedly a further multi-tens-of-gigabytes of patch coming Thursday. I'll probably dive in Friday. :yes:

Back