Formula 1 - 2020 Season

WTF is Mercedes doing, seriously? Did they switch the team personnel with Williams in the process?
They switch Bottas' tires to Russell apparently, and then they put ages old already used hard set with no grip back to Bottas?

So Perez with a potential no drive next year is the only driver other than Hamilton, Bottas and Verstappen to win this year. Wow! He deserves a proper drive.

Toto Wolff for Sky DE: It was our fuck up (he said "fuck up").

And he has criticised Bottas. Sky DE: "Was it to early to sign the contract with him for the next year?"

Wolff: "We did it based on information at that moment."

Wow! He is not happy about Bottas' performance.

Last edited:
Mercedes handed €20 000 fine for tire mix up.

LeClerc gets 3 grid penalty for causing lap one crash.

Delicious podium, in that Lance has forced first Ocon and now Perez out of that team. :LOL: Kind of ironic but nice to see both Perez and Ocon on the podium considering their intra-team skirmishes a few years ago. I always thought Perez was overly aggressive (aka, unfair) with Ocon because he felt threatened by him, but he’s really settled into this car. Happy to see Ocon settling into his car ahead of gaining Alonso as a teammate.

Now we know why Merc’s default position when faced with a tires vs track position decision is to do nothing, I guess. That engine really papers over a lot of potential cracks. It’s not a miracle cure, as the current Williams shows, but damn if Merc didn’t follow Red Bull’s lead and focus on maximizing quali pace to control a race and then get the biggest streak of luck in the engine formula not changing for a long, long time. An amazing team, but I feel like more than half of their success is down to their engine. Still, as Ferrari have shown, an engine alone doesn’t win you titles, so full respect to the whole Merc team. They’re all hugely impressive people when you hear them talk in interviews or their Youtube vids.

Bottas really is the perfect foil for Lewis. Pushes him enough to keep him honest, but doesn’t seem to be as in sync with the car/tires as Hamilton, so no disharmony within the team from drivers fighting over the same piece of road. Is he faster than Rosberg was, just fighting a more mature and complete Hamilton? Does Bottas fade mentally through the course of a season? He can start strong, but I don’t expect him to mount a title challenge from behind.

All I know is that, as much as I like Bottas, I need to see Russell alongside Hamilton ASAP. I wish Lewis a speedy recovery, but I hope we get to see Russell in the Merc next weekend.

If Bottas didn’t have bad luck this year, he’d have no luck at all. Brundle took the words out of my mouth. Still, can’t help but think Lewis would have held on with those tires. Still haven’t learned enough about driving styles to understand why.

Last edited:
That was a crazy race.
I've missed a bunch recently trying to get some sleep.

So bitter-sweet for Russell, could have won it, probably should have but despite the double major fuckups still managed to claw his way back to his first points & right behind Bottas.
Despite failing to win it was still a heck of a performance especially compared to the more experienced & plodding Bottas even if mainly due to bad luck.

Alpha Tauris were doing very good but got screwed by the timing of that 2nd safety car, overall 7th for Kvyat is good but sh/could have been better.

Just watched the reply, really sucked to see Russel having so much bad luck after not putting a foot wrong. But I'm sure he'll have his chance. As bad as I feel for Russel I'm happy Perez won as well. He had many great races over the years so he deserves it.

As for Bottas, what a fucking donkey. First he screws an interesting race at the front by again messing up his starts and after that he could just to absolutely nothing against a guy driving the car for the first time. I hope Merc just fires him. He is so average and bland it's just annoying.

I'm also guessing Albon's days are numbered. If it wasn't for 4 drivers in front of him having problems he would have pretty much finished where he started.

If Bottas is as average as you say then the only conclusion I can make is that Hamilton is overrated too.

I agree about Russel and yeah Perez deserved it.

Back