Xbox Series X [XBSX] [Release November 10 2020]

Video 3 of 5

Dead Space is essentially a tie, but I gave it to the One X because it showed 27:11 vs 27:12.

Loaded Faster on SeriesX:
  1. Alien: Isolation
  2. Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China
  3. Batman: Arkham Knight
  4. Borderlands
  5. Dead Space
  6. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  7. Devil May Cry 5
  8. Dragon Age II
  9. Dragon Ball Xenoverse
  10. Far Cry 5
  11. FIFA 17
  12. Forza Motorsport 7
  13. Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days
  14. Killer Instinct
  15. Lords of the Fallen
  16. Mad Max
  17. Mortal Kombat XL
  18. Murdered: Soul Suspect
  19. Project Cars 2
  20. Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment
  21. Split/Second
  22. Styx Master of Shadows
  23. The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man Of Medan
  24. The Surge 2
  25. The Walking Dead Season One
  26. The Wolf Among Us
  27. Titanfall 2
  28. Tom Clancy's The Division 2
  29. Trials Fusion
  30. Watch_Dogs
  31. Zombi

Loaded Faster on OneX:
  1. Mafia Definitive Edition [32:14 vs 41:21]
  2. Middle-earth: Shadow of War [32:18 vs 36:09]
  3. Dead Space [27:11 vs 27:12] Essentially a tie.

Video 4 of 5

Loaded Faster on SeriesX:
  1. A Plague Tale: Innocence
  2. Assassin's Creed Unity
  3. Batman - The Telltale Series
  4. Battlefield 1
  5. Battlefield 3
  6. Borderlands 2
  7. Dead Rising 4
  8. Final Fantasy XV
  9. Gears of War 5
  10. Jurassic World Evolution
  11. Maid of Sker
  12. Need for Speed
  13. Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
  14. Rise of the Tomb Raider
  15. Shadow Warrior
  16. Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition
  17. Sniper Elite 4
  18. Star Wars Battlefront II
  19. The Crew
  20. Thief
  21. We Happy Few

Loaded Faster on One X:
  1. Sunset Overdrive [17:18 vs 20:27]
  2. Alan Wake [08:18 vs 12:05]
  3. Far Cry 4 [47:16 vs 53:07]
  4. Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition [08:24 vs 13:08]
  5. Layers of Fear [22:03 vs 25:02]
  6. State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition [36:17 vs 39:27]
  7. Mirror's Edge Catalyst [38:25 vs 54:29]

Video 5 of 5

Ryse Son of Rome loaded into entirely 2 different locations, OneX into a cinematic, Series X into a town area.

upload_2020-11-28_16-14-43.png

Loaded Faster on Series X:
  1. Army of Two
  2. Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
  3. Assassin’s Creed Syndicate
  4. Castlestorm Definitive Edition
  5. Fallout 4
  6. Forza Horizon 4
  7. Halo Wars 2
  8. HITMAN 2
  9. Homefront: The Revolution
  10. Prey
  11. Quantum Break
  12. Recore
  13. Red Faction Armageddon
  14. Resident Evil 7 Biohazard
  15. Sherlock Holmes: The Devil’s Daughter
  16. Styx: Shards of Darkness
  17. The Sims 4
  18. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
  20. Tom Clancy's The Division
  21. Wasteland 3
  22. Watch Dogs 2
  23. Zoo Tycoon

Loaded Faster on One X:
  1. Dead Rising 3 [26:16 vs 27:20]
  2. Medal of Honor: Airborne [02:04 vs 04:15]
  3. Hitman: Blood Money [06:26 vs 07:02]
  4. Red Faction Armageddon [04:29 vs 05:17]
  5. Ryse: Son of Rome [48:05 vs 1:17:03] loaded into entirely 2 different locations, OneX into a cinematic, Series X into a town area.

TL : DW Videos or read previous posts.

After we reject the titles that were not like for like loading scenarios, the following titles loaded faster on OneX (17 out of 150), closest difference being a fraction of a second 0:01 (Dead Space) and largest difference being 16:04 seconds (Mirrors Edge Catalyst). The rest of the titles loaded faster on the Series X, some of them by as large of a factor as 4x.

Loaded Faster on One X:
  1. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings [08:16 vs 09:22]
  2. Outlast [11:27 vs 21:08]
  3. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice [30:22 vs 32:07]
  4. Mafia Definitive Edition [32:14 vs 41:21]
  5. Middle-earth: Shadow of War [32:18 vs 36:09]
  6. Dead Space [27:11 vs 27:12] Essentially a tie.
  7. Sunset Overdrive [17:18 vs 20:27]
  8. Alan Wake [08:18 vs 12:05]
  9. Far Cry 4 [47:16 vs 53:07]
  10. Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition [08:24 vs 13:08]
  11. Layers of Fear [22:03 vs 25:02]
  12. State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition [36:17 vs 39:27]
  13. Mirror's Edge Catalyst [38:25 vs 54:29]
  14. Dead Rising 3 [26:16 vs 27:20]
  15. Medal of Honor: Airborne [02:04 vs 04:15]
  16. Hitman: Blood Money [06:26 vs 07:02]
  17. Red Faction Armageddon [04:29 vs 05:17]

You can't expect this to work with these online open world games. Sessions simply time out.

WDL works just fine on the One X. You simply get a warning that the online connection has been lost when u quick resume but you simply back out right into the game where u left off. It’s just like when you get a warning when your controller dies mid game. There is no return to the main menu and no further loading necessary. It just an extra button push.

Maybe the XSX version requires additional work or something.

Is there an easy way to check all the digital titles you own on Xbox? Yesterday I remembered that back in the 360 days I had Braid and Shadow Complex bought from the Live Arcade and sure enough I could download them to Series X, and at least Braid is working fine. What an awesome game BTW! I haven't tried Shadow Complex yet, but remember that game quite fondly as well. I'm not sure If I have more games bought digitally back then and would like to check.

Is there an easy way to check all the digital titles you own on Xbox? Yesterday I remembered that back in the 360 days I had Braid and Shadow Complex bought from the Live Arcade and sure enough I could download them to Series X, and at least Braid is working fine. What an awesome game BTW! I haven't tried Shadow Complex yet, but remember that game quite fondly as well. I'm not sure If I have more games bought digitally back then and would like to check.
Go to 'My Games and apps', go down to 'Full Library', and then click on 'All owned games'.

Thank god MS implemented that because when I installed my Series X, I totally forgot what games I had on the internal HDD on the One X and I didn't want to plug it back in to check. It also reminded me that I had a bunch of old 360 games that I don't remember buying like Borderlands 2 lol.

Last edited:
Have anyone tried Halo CE BC on XSX yet (coop too)? I want an XSX just to replace the OG xbox. theres no emulators out there for old xbox games, and playing on the 2001 xbox on a modern big oled tv isnt all that 'aging well' due to resolutions.
Yes there are PC versions of say Halo CE, but they had missing graphical effects (like godrays from the sun/moon). All i can find on YT is halo from MCC running on XSX. I want the 2001 version in BC :p
I've just started playing the co-op campaign with my son. We played the intro split screen and then switched to online co-op with me on the XSX and my son on the X One. So far so good, but we're on MCC. I'll try to remember to try actual 2001 CE.

Last edited:
Halo CE has never been added to the BC library.
Only Anniversary (which is what was included in MCC)

Slight correction: Halo CE is available through the 360's backwards compatibility program. No enhancements there, of course.

Slight correction: Halo CE is available through the 360's backwards compatibility program. No enhancements there, of course.
I think xbox games running on 360 all have 4xMSAA enabled.

Any downgrades? One of the sore points with all of the non-OG Xbox Halo releases (this includes the original PC release from Gearbox) was simplifications in the art, bump mapping missing, lighting simplification, etc. They still haven't resolved this in H:A or MCC. That being said, I don't know if the backwards compat version has these problems, either.

Any downgrades? One of the sore points with all of the non-OG Xbox Halo releases (this includes the original PC release from Gearbox) was simplifications in the art, bump mapping missing, lighting simplification, etc. They still haven't resolved this in H:A or MCC. That being said, I don't know if the backwards compat version has these problems, either.

For Halo CE on X360? No, I don't think so. It's still the original version, unlike PC or Anniversary editions. All OG games on 360 are the original code, so nothing is technically downgraded.
However, there are frequently glitches and performance problems (although not in Halo CE).
Here's a list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

Downloaded Control on XBSX with Game Pass yesterday. Remedy games usually peak my interest so I was excited to try this one. Honestly super impressed with this game so far. The ability to interact and destroy so many objects in the game is super cool. Obviously this is a last gen game but it really doesn't feel like it. Hoping we get more titles like this on current gen where CPU's aren't such a weak point for consoles anymore. Graphically the game is impressive as well but it made me realize how so many other games could really benefit from the ability to better interact with objects.

I wonder if the game Control will still be on GamePass when the Ultimate Edition releases. If so, will the GamePass version be upgraded to Optimized for Seriex X|S or remain as the normal edition, thus being forced to run through Backwards Compatibility mode. Previously there was plenty of noise about them only offering next-gen optimizations if you bought the Ultimate Edition which includes new DLCs.

Latest News Link on it from https://www.techradar.com/news/reme...game-pass-as-xbox-series-x-upgrade-is-delayed

Only in November did we hear that Remedy's planned Xbox Series X-optimized edition of Control Ultimate Edition – which contains the base game as well as both DLC expansions – was being delayed until 2021. Whichever Xbox console you have, then, you'll have the chance to take the game for a supernatural spin before wondering whether to buy.

Anyone who bought Control Ultimate Edition will be able to get a free next-gen upgrade as and when it arrives – meaning anyone who likes what they find on Game Pass should consider buying the game with a Game Pass discount while it lasts.

However, buyers of the standard Control Edition, even if they bought the expansions alongside, won't be eligible – tarring what would otherwise be a glorious season of Control celebration.

They really messed up with the upgrade path for this one. I'm pretty lucky, as I played and completed the main campaign during a 1 week trial of PSNow, and I'll be buying the Ultimate Edition so I can play all of the DLC's (as well as, hopefully, kill a couple of optional bosses.)

It's a shame it got all of this flack from the upgrade situation, as it's a fantastic game: perfect presentation; moody, mysterious atmosphere; exciting, fun gameplay; solid writing. Everything's a high note. Except for the fuck-up-grade.

They should just let people buy a ~$10 next gen upgrade patch if they really want to charge for it. Leave the Ultimate Edition as a free upgrade, but let owners of any other permutation buy access.

But I don't know, maybe there's some strangeness in how the new generation version and its content are structured and intertwined or something. I just know I'll be buying that Ultimate Edition soon.

I also bought it. And I am not going to get an XSX for a while.. How well does it play on XBOX One S? Should I just wait it out until sometime next year? I'ts not like I play games in general but I could not resist and I am a huge fan of Remedy since original Max Payne.

I also bought it. And I am not going to get an XSX for a while.. How well does it play on XBOX One S? Should I just wait it out until sometime next year? I'ts not like I play games in general but I could not resist and I am a huge fan of Remedy since original Max Payne.

If I remember correctly, it struggled a fair bit on the base consoles, so, if you can hold off for a while, I think you'll get the most impact from playing it on your future XSX at either 4K60 or whatever resolution and framerate they go with for RT.

But if you can't wait, you'll still have fun.

But try to wait though.

Not great. Later patches helped some. I’d wait if you can, but it can’t hurt to give it a shot now. The first hour should be fine (if low-res). The framerate drops in large, chaotic fights later in the game.

Both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One can see prolonged frame-rate drops in sustained combat, dropping all the way down to 10 frames per second at its absolute worst. Perhaps surprisingly, it's the PS4 that drops hardest and longest, making it noticeably the least performant version of the game. It ran so poorly that we ran through a range of checks, from rebooting the console completely to running Control on other PS4 units (the fan kicking in hard on a launch model). Nothing helped - this is how the game actually plays and it's not pretty. Xbox One S is better, there's no doubt about it, but it's still a highly unsatisfactory experience overall - a notch above PS4 in troublesome combat but still a game it's hard to recommend. The bottom line? Xbox One X delivers by far and away the best console experience on all counts, but the PS4 Pro is a decent enough runner-up.

Beyond frame-rate, there are some further issues that could use further tweaking if possible. First of all, the game's loading systems aren't quite as optimal as we'd like. On Xbox One S, I encountered stuttering and momentary freezing during video playback, while small hitches during UI navigation do point to an IO issue of some kind. More problematic are the loading times and texture pop-in. Control does a reasonable job of streaming in world data as you play but you'll notice textures drawing in at points. Most of the world feels relatively seamless save for short pauses when moving between major sections. Unfortunately, the most significant issue here lies in the obstrusive loading after you die - think Bloodborne and you'll have some idea of what I'm talking about here.

Go to 'My Games and apps', go down to 'Full Library', and then click on 'All owned games'.

Thank god MS implemented that because when I installed my Series X, I totally forgot what games I had on the internal HDD on the One X and I didn't want to plug it back in to check. It also reminded me that I had a bunch of old 360 games that I don't remember buying like Borderlands 2 lol.
Wow! You just taught me something really nice as well! Thank you bro.
I remember I got the Xbox One X but could never find my old X360 titles that I bought them online. Now with the Series X and downloading back some Xbox one games, you just made my Queue jump from 2 to 15! Glorious x360 days!

Back