Formula 1 - 2020 Season

come on george, you have to grab this chance with both hands

Mick Schumacher to join Haas for 2021 season
December 2, 2020
Mick Schumacher, son of seven-time Formula 1 world champion Michael, will race for the Haas team next season.
The US-based team said the 21-year-old had signed a "multi-year contract". He will partner Russian Nikita Mazepin

German Schumacher said the move was "a dream come true, a dream I have been chasing since I was three years old".

Ferrari, with whom he has a long-term contract, said the "eventual aim" was for him to drive for them in F1 "one day".
Schumacher will be at Haas for at least the next two seasons.
Mick Schumacher to join Haas for 2021 season - BBC Sport

Last edited:
They should give Bottas Lewis' car though, so he could finally have a problem free weekend :D
bottas has to gussy up and show the youngling he is not to be trifled with

it will be very interesting and bottas has the edge because he knows the car much much better and has more experience

hehe great news that young driver upstart fernando alonso will be able to run in the young driver test in abu dhabi :p

Anyway, Russell P1, superb effort.
Yep

Sakhir GP Practice One Timesheet

Driver Team Time
1) George Russell Mercedes 54.546
2) Max Verstappen Red Bull +0.176
3) Alexander Albon Red Bull +0.265
4) Valtteri Bottas Mercedes +0.322
5) Daniil Kvyat AlphaTauri +0.465
6) Pierre Gasly AlphaTauri +0.620
7) Esteban Ocon Renault +0.727
8) Sebastian Vettel Ferrari +0.735
9) Daniel Ricciardo Renault +0.833
10) Charles Leclerc Ferrari +0.903
11) Lance Stroll Racing Point +1.012
12) Sergio Perez Racing Point +1.170
13) Carlos Sainz McLaren +1.211
14) Kimi Raikkonen Alfa Romeo +1.237
15) Antonio Giovinazzi Alfa Romeo +1.312
16) Lando Norris McLaren +1.532
17) Kevin Magnussen Haas +1.584
18) Nicholas Latifi Williams +2.218
19) Pietro Fittipaldi Haas +2.531
20) Jack Aitken Williams +2.641

Last edited:
Sakhir GP Practice Two Timesheet
Driver Team Time
1) George Russell Mercedes 54.713
2) Max Verstappen Red Bull +0.128
3) Sergio Perez Racing Point +0.153
4) Esteban Ocon Renault +0.227
5) Alexander Albon Red Bull +0.323
6 Daniil Kvyat AlphaTauri +0.355
7) Lance Stroll Racing Point +0.391
8) Daniel Ricciardo Renault +0.411
9) Pierre Gasly AlphaTauri +0.420
10) Carlos Sainz McLaren +0.545
11) Valtteri Bottas Mercedes +0.608
12) Kimi Raikkonen Alfa Romeo +0.771
13) Antonio Giovinazzi Alfa Romeo +0.820
14) Kevin Magnussen Haas +1.025
15) Nicholas Latifi Williams +1.071
16) Sebastian Vettel Ferrari +1.117
17) Lando Norris McLaren +1.318
18) Pietro Fittipaldi Haas +1.397
19) Jack Aitken Williams +1.547
20) Charles Leclerc Ferrari No time set

look at boy george
keep it up, also bottas get with the program

Bottas (and Vettel) spent half of P2 in the dust and gravel. He had a faster (only by 2 or 3 tenths) quali lap than Russell but it was disallowed. Kind of sloppy for a guy who’s usually quicker than Hamilton in practice. His race pace was better initially but then more locking up and gravelling.

Mildly interesting is that Russell is wearing a size smaller shoe to fit in Lewis’ toebox and a three year old seat.

Bottas was asked in the pre-race interviews how bad would it look if Russell outperformed him. I wouldn’t have dignified a question that lazy and insulting with an answer. Speaking of, neither of Liberty’s F1 show guys (Buxton and Barretto) have Bottas on the podium and both had Russel winning. :???: Maybe everyone’s running on fumes from the back to back and the Hamilton news cutting into days off.

I wish someone asked Russell how much it helps (if at all) to be using (ostensibly) the same engine. Maybe there are too many variables (mapping, gearing, and the effects of aero, chassis, tire temp window on the first two) to answer. IIRC (I may have misheard), a recent Missed Apex podcast with someone from Racecar Engineering said that all the ICEs are within 25hp but Merc’s PU provides way more electrical energy per lap, lap after lap.

I wonder if he’s using DAS?

Edit: Just saw a YT clip (Slipstream Media “F1 sakhir GP: George Russell fast hot lap for Mercedes” @1:30) of him asking his engineer how was his DAS usage in the final corner, so he’s using all the things.

Last edited:
Bottas was asked in the pre-race interviews how bad would it look if Russell outperformed him. I wouldn’t have dignified a question that lazy and insulting with an answer.

Sad thing is if Russell does win it'll just end up as more ammo for the anti-Hamilton brigade and their "well obviously anyone could win in that car, even my grandma, Hamilton is over-rated blah blah" sillies.

For what it's worth that wouldn't be a complete wrong statement if Russel can indeed win purely on pace.

Usually even the good drivers need some time to get used to a different car. Look at Ricciardo when he joined Renault for example.

If he wins he's either exceptionally quick or the car is so fast that it is hard to lose in it. Unless you're Bottas of course.

Back