God of War [PS4, PC]

Can confirm. It looks really good. It tried to update and I quickly canceled the update lol. I wasn't able to play it in the performance mode before because the resolution drop was too much but now it looks and plays really smooth.

Last edited:
Can confirm. It looks really good. It tried to update and I quickly cancelled the upgrade lol. I wasn't able to play it in the performance mode before because the resolution drop was too much but now it looks and plays really smooth.

But what do we miss from the update then?

But what do we miss from the update then?
I have no idea. Probably some bug fixes. Also apparently, the volumetric lighting is superior in the pre-patch version, and the patch downgraded it because it was causing some performance issues. Anyway, I am playing it this way for now. Haven't noticed any bugs as of yet so yeah, touch wood....
EDIT: The update added NG+ I think. I doubt I will play it again once I am done with it so that doesn't really bother me.

Would be quite unreasonable if Sony doesn't release a proper 4K patch for PS5 for this one, considering the game actually launched like that haha, would like to replay this in 4k60 for sure.

Erm what!

How about some context for your opinion? Did you even play it?
Just recently. Combat is hugely dumbed down. Basically perform the same slash, slash, slash, dodge. Little in the way of variety with only one weapon. Much less interesting attacks all around. Fight very similar looking enemies and bosses over and over. Far less environment variety. Way less epic in scope on average. Too much time exploring for pointless gear that's exactly the same as all the rest with some 2 higher stat points. Behind the shoulder camera angle gives less view of the environment and enemies so it looks less cinematic and makes for worse gameplay. That insufferable kid is everything that's wrong with todays youth all bottled up in 1 character. How many times is the same troll mini boss copy pasted here with a different color scheme? Oh and you until you start to level up enemies are huge damage sponges.

this game is so much worse than the previous installments. Very disappointing.

Just recently. Combat is hugely dumbed down.
Combat is dumbed down if you play it on easy mode just like every other game. If you want a challenge, play it on a harder level. If you want a real challenge, put it on the hardest level and fight all the valkyries.

Basically perform the same slash, slash, slash, dodge.
It's a God of War game. Even the older games were slash, slash, slash, dodge games. This game has a lot more variety, you can block, slash, slash, slash, dodge. (I'm being sarcastic in case you haven't picked up). If funny that you mention it's worse than the older GOW games, they were pure slash, slash, slash, dodge games. GOW 2018 is so much more.

You must hate all action games because in one aspect or another, all games are slash, slash, slash, dodge games. Hell, even Call of Duty is just, shoot, shoot, shoot, dodge. It's sounds like it's your type of game.

Little in the way of variety with only one weapon.
I see you already mentioned the blades which you get later but your missing the whole point of the one weapon as you put it. You upgrade it, get new abilities and use it in different ways with those abilities and enhancements. When you get the blades, you can upgrade those as well. Again, it's keeping in theme with the older GOW games just all round much, much better.

I'm not even going to comment on the rest. I just find it funny that you preferred the older games, yet the 2018 very is exactly like the older games but just better in every aspect. The story telling is better, the gameplay is better, the camera angle is this gameplay aspect of Kratos view point is better.

Sorry you didn't like the game. I don't know what game you must like because it seems you must hate all action games.

Last edited:
I stopped playing after the first couple of levels.

It certainly is beautiful but I preferred the first GoW. You could advance with a lot of button mashing and learning a few combos. I don't recall any kind of QTE either. One of the final levels of the original GOW, you see this giant god in the background as Kratos fights through grunts before getting to that final boss battle.

The original felt much more response. This one on the PS4, you can still mash buttons but just not as responsive. Arguably more fluid, but you can't instantly attack monsters coming from different directions.

Got the game from the PS collection finding it a bit of a bore., I'm half way through the game. Visuals and tech are just "OK" other Sony studios have done better like Uncharted 4, Last Of Us 2, Days Gone, Infamous 2nd Son, etc. Visuals are very gaudy like WTF was the art director smoking?

Back