CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

..but it's a game and there were a few comments along the lines of "aspect X is fine" but equally balanced with, this is an RPG and you're not supposed to be great at everything out of the gate, that's the point of an RPG - to develop your character and skills.

Yesssssss. Basically the first Mass Effect game before they crapped on it and turned it into a shooter. :p

Hopefully we won't get all the shooter boys complaining about the gun play in CP 2077 like they did with the first Mass Effect.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
Yesssssss. Basically the first Mass Effect game before they crapped on it and turned it into a shooter. :p Hopefully we won't get all the shooter boys complaining about the gun play in CP 2077 like they did with the first Mass Effect.

In Mass Effect Shepherd was supposed to be an elite soldier so should have been able to use weapons competently - which was the criticism. In Cyberpunk 2077, none of your life paths have this history so this is consistent with the story.

We'll never agree on this! :cool:

Cyberpunk 2077 includes an option to disable copyrighted music
Cyberpunk 2077 is on track to be the biggest game of the year and many streamers are going to want to broadcast their gameplay. To avoid any potential copyright issues, CD Projekt Red is including a toggle to mute all copyrighted music for streamers. When toggled on, streamers will be able to play with just CD Projekt Red’s in-house composed score, avoiding copyrighted songs that can play on radios or in clubs within the game.
In the case of Cyberpunk 2077, the game will have a soundtrack comprised of over 150 songs, so there is a lot of licensed music to be heard. With that in mind, a toggle like this is going to be very important for content creators and streamers.
Cyberpunk 2077 includes an option to disable copyrighted music | KitGuru

In Mass Effect Shepherd was supposed to be an elite soldier so should have been able to use weapons competently - which was the criticism. In Cyberpunk 2077, none of your life paths have this history so this is consistent with the story.

We'll never agree on this! :cool:
Mass Effect, being a bioware space opera RPG, is at least in some ways a spiritual successor to KOTOR. Storm Troopers are elite soldiers. Even the best can't fire strait. Shepherd's performance is Storm Trooper elite.

Easily fixed with head cannon.

do you really need to mocap Keanu's facial expression?
or they actually have tried to capture his expression but ended up the same with no cap?

if they want really nice facial animation, mocap is a must (otherwise the artist would need to do even more of tedious manual work).

but because they already 3D scanned his face, the mocap can be done by other person. Although the performance probably wont be as natural as facial mocap done together with body mocap.

for most of the animation it seems the game will use a library of animations and use whichever fits best (and added with manual tweaks for important scenes).

Its not looking to hot in either platform. That sequence on PS5 is badly animated everywhere you look. Looks like a "videogame" whereas some recent AAA titles already transcended that stereotype.

so thats why the facial animation looks iffy/stilted. They did not do real time facial capture while performing the mocapped scene.
Yup. They're using an AI-driven facial animation system (JALI) so that lip syncing is better for all of the characters across all of the different languages they will support.

I read a short lifepath thingy and well corporate it is. Nomad is just another lone wolf thingy and Street Kid almost the same, to me at least.
Time to be a salaryman :D
I also decided to go this route.

Yup. They're using an AI-driven facial animation system (JALI) so that lip syncing is better for all of the characters across all of the different languages they will support.

I also decided to go this route.

Hopefully it works on real time, so modder can simply edit the language file to any language and the mouth will sync.

Maybe not as good as for the languages it was trained but better than no mouth sync

Its not looking to hot in either platform. That sequence on PS5 is badly animated everywhere you look. Looks like a "videogame" whereas some recent AAA titles already transcended that stereotype.

To me this is a RPG game first and foremost, so the graphics are secondary. Still, this city is looking awesome and I know I will enjoy exploring it and discovering little hidden secrets littered around it.
Anyway, when comes to animation, I like what I see, especially compared to the technological wonder called Star Citizen, CP is way better ;)

Yeah, but this isn't really a PS5 game. It's an Xbox One and PS4 game, that happens to have upgrades for PS4 and Series. Even when the next gen patches roll out I wouldn't expect this game to look as good as a proper PS5/Xbox Series game.

Me too, or though with lowly 6800XT ...
My only saving grace is that I play at QHD resolution. ;)

Nothing wrong with a 6800XT it will serve you well in any game going forward, 16GBs of ram also which a 3070 currently doesnt have. Its also double the raw power of consoles ensuring atleast baseline and then some.

Back