Demon's Souls Remake [PS5]

EmswDBkVoAAPYi4

:mrgreen:

EnQ7Lk-XYAEgk-F

Yep Miles looks pretty smooth at 30 and to be honest those reflections are worth it so far. It’s also not exactly the kind of game where you need super precise timing, like DS.

The thing with using 30 fps, at least for me, is that you don't want to jump between 60 fps and 30 fps games.

It's jarring when going from 60 to 30 but for some reason if I'm playing a 30 FPS game for a prolonged period I get used to it but if I boot up the console after playing something on PC that was a locked 60 then 30 FPS looks like a slideshow.

The thing with using 30 fps, at least for me, is that you don't want to jump between 60 fps and 30 fps games.

It's jarring when going from 60 to 30 but for some reason if I'm playing a 30 FPS game for a prolonged period I get used to it but if I boot up the console after playing something on PC that was a locked 60 then 30 FPS looks like a slideshow.
That's the thing. I haven't tried Miles at 60 and I will not! :) I'll focus on DS for now and give myself a break before I dive back into Miles.

Yeah, got to say. I was planning on playing DS first, but the game might take me some time to complete as I work my way through.

I am now thinking I might start with SM MM then complete my SM+ run(for my final two trophies unless this doesn't complete the PS4 trophies and adds is as a PS5 trophy ala the PS3/PS4 Marvel Lego Trophies I have) then play DS and play that through December/January/Feb or until the next big game(Rachett and Clank?) comes out.

Last edited:
This game is just... something else! It’s definitely a simpler game when compared to the subsequent Souls games, and that makes it quite a bit more accessible and intriguing. And boy is it just utterly breathtaking. Every surface is tessellated, everything is modelled with so much geometry I still can’t believe it. The particles effects are insane too.

I’d be quite happy if this is the best graphics/sound the PS5 can produce, I’m scared to think what will come out in a year or two.

This game is just... something else! It’s definitely a simpler game when compared to the subsequent Souls games, and that makes it quite a bit more accessible and intriguing. And boy is it just utterly breathtaking. Every surface is tessellated, everything is modelled with so much geometry I still can’t believe it. The particles effects are insane too.

I’d be quite happy if this is the best graphics/sound the PS5 can produce, I’m scared to think what will come out in a year or two.

Demons-Souls_20201115220549.png

Demons-Souls_20201114053043.png

Demons-Souls_20201115004022.png

Demons-Souls_20201114015211.png

Last edited:
One thing I HATE. The shortcuts to bosses are f’king useless. I understand that this was their first game and all that, but later games had much, much better shortcuts to bosses that don’t require you to go through a whole bloody area every time you die at their hands, which is very often!

One thing I HATE. The shortcuts to bosses are f’king useless. I understand that this was their first game and all that, but later games had much, much better shortcuts to bosses that don’t require you to go through a whole bloody area every time you die at their hands, which is very often!

Git gud :LOL:
You said the sound was good in a previous post, you using a headset or your fancy sound system?

I still can't get used to my Playstation not sounding like a jet engine when playing games, what a welcome change!

Absolutely, i think its the most silent PS ive had. The PS2 was loud (fat), same for PS3, and ofc the PS4. My PS5 is as queit as the WC pc i spend time on getting this silent, if not even more silent.
Also seems a cool machine, it doesnt get so warm even at the back.

100% agree. DS looks drop-dead gorgeous and yes, the future of gaming in general looks good.

Git gud :LOL:
You said the sound was good in a previous post, you using a headset or your fancy sound system?

I’m actually using my big Beats headphones as I wanted to see what the fuss what all about with the 3D sound and... two points:

- the game (and everything else on PS5 really) sounds incredible. It’s rich, huge dynamic range and well, pretty awesome.

- is it really “3D Sound”?? No. As very much expected, you can’t really hear things above you or even behind you half the time, for example, as we were lead to believe.

So I will still lobby for full Atmos support and ain’t nobody arguing with me.

To be honest I’ ok with using headphones also cause my amp sucks some serious juice.

I’m actually using my big Beats headphones as I wanted to see what the fuss what all about with the 3D sound and... two points:

- the game (and everything else on PS5 really) sounds incredible. It’s rich, huge dynamic range and well, pretty awesome.

- is it really “3D Sound”?? No. As very much expected, you can’t really hear things above you or even behind you half the time, for example, as we were lead to believe.

So I will still lobby for full Atmos support and ain’t nobody arguing with me.

To be honest I’ ok with using headphones also cause my amp sucks some serious juice.

You can't hear it will depends of people. They only have 5 profiles for HRTF. It will probably improve later in the generation.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00233341

Sony have some experience on the subject.

And Sony playstation R&D division filed and published a patent about a database of ears and head shape for improve HRTF.

Last edited:
You can't hear it will depends of people. They only have 5 profiles for HRTF. It will probably improve later in the generation.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00233341

Sony have some experience on the subject.

And Sony playstation R&D division filed and published a patent about a database of ears and head shape for improve HRTF.

I tried all 5 profiles and I can’t really tell the difference *shrug*

Back