Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Ok so, 2 things I don't like :

-I can't create folders. It sound simple, but I'm used to have a "On going" folder and a "Done" one. Now I have to see all my library even finished games...
-The always on HDR. I guess the tone map is ok, but it gives a different look for some old games, like Yakuza 5. I don't really like it. I can disable HDR at a system level, but I don't want to enable/disable it for each game. On PS4, sdr games played in SDR, and HDR in HDR...

EDIT : about the HDR thing, i was wrong about bad colors, it's ok even in Yakuza 5, my bad.

Last edited:
Ok so, 2 things I don't like :

-I can't create folders. It sound simple, but I'm used to have a "On going" folder and a "Done" one. Now I have to see all my library even finished games...
-The always on HDR. I guess the tone map is ok, but it gives a different look for some old games, like Yakuza 5. I don't really like it. I can disable HDR at a system level, but I don't want to enable/disable it for each game. On PS4, sdr games played in SDR, and HDR in HDR...
Yeah, there are no folders for games yet. I only used them a little like for keeping all the PSVR stuff together and smaller indie games but now my library is already massive day one, I think folders are going to more needed than ever so I hope this is coming in a future firmware patch.

I've not noticed any issues with colours but have only played Ghost of Tsushima and Days Gone. Day Gones I definitely played only in SDR.

It's here!
:runaway:

V8Wx2zZ.jpeg

Tight fit :D
How is the ventilation at the back of the shelf?

The BVH structure from which RT information is taken is normally at a lower LOD than the rest of the scene that isn’t reflected. Think of it as a second world in a parallel dimension (at lower LOD) which is only visible in the reflections. You can choose how many objects are in this BVH world, how far you want your reflection to look into etc etc to optimise performance.
This is why the trees have less detail in that example, they are referenced from a lower LOD just for the RT reflex.

So what's the PS5 like? How's Marvel's Avengers treating you? :mrgreen::LOL:

How's the DS5? Details man! Details!

Last edited:
Those that were surprised just didn’t pay attention. Everything from the first PS4 design pointed to making future compatibility a priority and then everything about the PS4 Pro an PS5s hardware design made it abundantly clear that hardware level NC had been a priority from the start. Then Cerny was pretty clear about it too (though some misunderstood his top 100 remark), etc.

Yeah. Ghost of Tsushima at 60fps in high res mode is awesome.

Yes its the first BC game i tried :p It was my main gripe, the darn 30fps on my base ps4. I really love the old japanese style of this game, hopefully there will be another, done for the PS5 from the ground up.

Those that were surprised just didn’t pay attention. Everything from the first PS4 design pointed to making future compatibility a priority and then everything about the PS4 Pro an PS5s hardware design made it abundantly clear that hardware level NC had been a priority from the start. Then Cerny was pretty clear about it too (though some misunderstood his top 100 remark), etc.

So to see that all the PS4 games are running flawless without any glitches, is no surprise to me

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes its the first BC game i tried :p It was my main gripe, the darn 30fps on my base ps4. I really love the old japanese style of this game, hopefully there will be another, done for the PS5 from the ground up.

For now I would like a lip sync patch. It's a mess in some scenes... ( I play jap voices).

So what's the PS5 like? How's Marvel's Avengers treating you? :mrgreen::LOL:

How's the DS5? Details man! Details!

Well we spent some time setting it up (a breeze from what I remember in previous generations), downloading games. It’s super quiet. I can hear a very faint sound after all these hours and it’s definitely hot at the back, but nothing unexpected really.
The DS is nice and snappy, I haven’t really tried Astrobot yet so I haven’t felt the whole triggers/haptics really, I’ll give it a go tomorrow.
Haptics are definitely nice on DS and Miles, I’d say they feeling is much more defined. High definition rumble ;)
Oh and we already hit zero space on the SSD with some 8 games more or less. So I’ve already had to delete Nioh 2 which I’ll have to reinstall when the update comes out. Not great.

Last edited:
Back