AMD Radeon RDNA2 Navi (RX 6500, 6600, 6700, 6800, 6900 XT)

Im pretty sure i wrote ”cheaper depends on where you live” did i not? can you form an argument without using strawman tactics? Or this that your modus operandi when you astroturf forums?

Here there is only a guy that is using strawman, and that's you. Amd shop is Euro based, so if people is being able to buy it at MRSP in Italy it was possible in Sweden too. And I already reported you, it's the third time you accuse me of astroturfing when you are trolling since the first post.

all i can say is i had an opertunity to buy the 6800 non xt on amazon for about 15 -20 minutes after launch it was in my cart too but i decided not too.

There are 4 scan converters as per the diagram. The driver settings don't mean what you think they mean or they are incorrect.
I'm rather confused here... For Navi21, are you saying there are 4 Rasterisers (Scan Converters), and 1 Rasteriser per Shader Engine?

Navi21 rasterises 4 triangles per cycle?

Each Rasteriser converts 1 triangle upto 32 fragments per cycle?

Is triangle coverage variable and what ranges - 4 to 32 fragments?

Four Shader Engines in Navi21 produce 128 fragments per cycle? And this matches 128 ROPs?

paraphrasing:

- In RDNA 1, most vertex shaders are still running in the traditional graphics pipeline, not utilizing the NGG path. Hence, the utilization of NGG primitive shaders is low in practice.
- In RDNA 2, most front-end shaders (almost everything geometry, including VS) are converted to be run as NGG primitive shaders.

Thank you for the Information. So we can say now that Primitive shaders now working on RDNA2? Yikeeess! And thats why he sees a 80% improvment of polygon output between RDNA1 and RDNA2?

PixMark Julia FP32 (higher the better)
comptoir-pixmark25k3j.png

GiMark test (geometry instancing) (higher the better)
comptoir-gimarke0jez.png

Tessellation Benchmark (higher the better)
comptoir-tessmarkihkpn.png

3DMark DXR, Ray Tracing (higher the better)
comptoir-dxr36k4d.png

3DMark VRS T2 (higher the better)
comptoir-variableratebukyi.png

https://www.comptoir-hardware.com/a...-amd-radeon-rx-6800-a-rx-6800-xt.html?start=4

That vrs result is interesting. Not many games support it yet. Could be important this gen.
I believe the review mentioned they needed to verify the result.
Beware, however, a quality analysis is necessary to verify that the result obtained is similar before any objective comparison in Tier 2. That's why you just have to take it for now as a test checking the proper operation of the implementation.

I'm rather confused here... For Navi21, are you saying there are 4 Rasterisers (Scan Converters), and 1 Rasteriser per Shader Engine?

Navi21 rasterises 4 triangles per cycle?

Each Rasteriser converts 1 triangle upto 32 fragments per cycle?

Is triangle coverage variable and what ranges - 4 to 32 fragments?

Four Shader Engines in Navi21 produce 128 fragments per cycle? And this matches 128 ROPs?
4 triangles per clock at up to 128 pixels/clock. A triangle can touch a single pixel or up to 32 and theoretically maintain peak geometry rate. For comparison I think the RTX 3080 is 6 prims/clock and up to 96 pixels/clock.

Raytracing is just another gimmick that gives us shinier reflections, prettier shadows and ambient occlussion while making the performance tank intolerably. That's about all the consoles can handle. Wake me up again when we see hardware that can render fully pathtraced scenes a'la Quake 2 RTX on modern titles.

Will definitely need to see how well RT works for games that aren't designed for RTX first work. On paper, there should still be enough RT performance on these cards to match the 2080ti but they lose more performance with RT enabled than the Nvidia 2000 series, maybe this will improve.

These cards do seem to do better on newer games than older games probably from being able to use dx ultimate features like VRS. Will probably age pretty well disregarding RT. 16GB of VRAM also is a nice bonus for longevity.

Really looking forward to the Navi 22 cards.

Back