Demon's Souls Remake [PS5]

Well, of course a global collision simulation would be ultrataxing, but I'm talking about the most noticeable things, like limbs clipping through walls, furniture, etc., weapons clipping through characters, etc. I don't mind about grass blades clipping through other grass blades, at the moment. :LOL:

How so? :oops: I understand that it may look weird, since the world is made of blocks and it doesn't look as we all knew it in the first place, but I'm amazed at the tech and the results. That really wowed me.

Well! Going back to clipping, no idea why but YouTube just recommended this video (I think that’s Bloodborne) where you would expect the hat to just clip through the ladder, but.....

Well! Going back to clipping, no idea why but YouTube just recommended this video (I think that’s Bloodborne) where you would expect the hat to just clip through the ladder, but.....

Yeah, I saw that a few months ago. :LOL: Precisely, Bloodborne is a game where I constantly noticed weapons clipping through stuff, so this is weird because it implies that both the hat and the ladder steps detect collision.

Yeah, I saw that a few months ago. :LOL: Precisely, Bloodborne is a game where I constantly noticed weapons clipping through stuff, so this is weird because it implies that both the hat and the ladder steps detect collision.

Or they made a special case for ladders when wearing that metal hat?

Yeah, I saw that a few months ago. [emoji38] Precisely, Bloodborne is a game where I constantly noticed weapons clipping through stuff, so this is weird because it implies that both the hat and the ladder steps detect collision.
My guess is that it isn't about collision detection but for the giggles.

Well! I said I wasn’t gonna get this but guess what I did and I’ve been playing it a few hours and wow.

Yes it looks incredible, it sounds even better, but what is truly transformative is that now warping between nexus and levels is basically instant. You can zap back, level up, go back in the level, rinse and repeat and it’s soooo much better.

Amazing.

Well! I said I wasn’t gonna get this but guess what I did and I’ve been playing it a few hours and wow.

Yes it looks incredible, it sounds even better, but what is truly transformative is that now warping between nexus and levels is basically instant. You can zap back, level up, go back in the level, rinse and repeat and it’s soooo much better.

Amazing.
I'm jelly!

Amazing.

Yes im switching between 30 and 60fps modes atm. Even at 30fps the game still plays very well, i think they do 30fps better then say GoT, somehow.

demonssouls_202011191vrk3e.png

N05bpjm.jpg

EnOAp7KWEAgxmE1

EnOAplnWEAYVQIW

Yes im switching between 30 and 60fps modes atm. Even at 30fps the game still plays very well, i think they do 30fps better then say GoT, somehow.

Tried it. Can’t do it. I honestly can’t see the difference in IQ between the two, but 60 is just so much better. I took a couple of screenshots in both modes, the 30 mode definitely cranks up the tessellation, and it’s of course sharper, but I cannot see that in motion and from my sofa so 60 is the way to go here.

Tried it. Can’t do it. I honestly can’t see the difference in IQ between the two, but 60 is just so much better. I took a couple of screenshots in both modes, the 30 mode definitely cranks up the tessellation, and it’s of course sharper, but I cannot see that in motion and from my sofa so 60 is the way to go here.

Yes i thought the same, basically no difference while playing, unless analysing at close range. Anyway, its good to have the option, some want that extra graphical difference instead of 60fps, well they can. For most, id say go for that 60fps mode. Somehow, it would be nice if studios could see data on how many play 30 vs 60fps modes.
Anywa, going true this cave with all the red lighting ambient, damn. At times, its really making jaws drop, screenshots dont give that feeling at all.
Couple that with the 3d audio and DS features, its the best of what next gen could deliver this day and age.

Amazing.
Yea I’ve been abusing Inner Ward stone to early farming. Very fast runs and moved me up quite a few levels and stock piled my leafs very good as well. You make about 915 souls per 90 seconds or so

Got a game, visual difference between 1440p vs 4k is bigger than I thought after watching video comparisons (at least is quite big when I play 1.5m from 55 inch) but performance mode is so much more fluid that is the way to play.

I took a couple of screenshots in both modes, the 30 mode definitely cranks up the tessellation, and it’s of course sharper, but I cannot see that in motion and from my sofa so 60 is the way to go here.
But for Spider-Man you went with PowerPoint mode? :runaway:

I'm not judging, the reason I'm diving into Valhalla today and not Miles Morales is because I don't want to have to decide between which graphics option to go for. Fuck it, I'll just kill some English people instead. WIN! WIN!

But for Spider-Man you went with PowerPoint mode? :runaway:

I'm not judging, the reason I'm diving into Valhalla today and not Miles Morales is because I don't want to have to decide between which graphics option to go for. Fuck it, I'll just kill some English people instead. WIN! WIN!

Yep Miles looks pretty smooth at 30 and to be honest those reflections are worth it so far. It’s also not exactly the kind of game where you need super precise timing, like DS.

ALSO. WTF is this Tower Knight?? With no shortcuts so I keep dying and having to get there alllll the way from the last arch stone W T F

NEVER MIND just killed the Knight

Last edited:
Back