Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (COD BOCW) [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC]

The notion of same fidelity is intresting. The PS5 isnt going with different settings atleast and performing better.

I looked at this on my phone yesterday and there I can’t really spot resolution differences (not really easy with YouTube compression) but it looked the same. However the PS5 version has smoke from the gun when shooting that the Series X lacks. I would normally consider this just a shipping bug or one version being slightly behind, but the frame drops happen during explosions with lots of smoke and the Series X drops a ~5 frames more than the PS5 in those instances.

That again would suggest that right now with the current state of affairs the PS5 has some kind of really minor bandwidth advantage.

Another one? Wow. I'm not sure I care about PS5 outperforming at 120fps, what REALLY interests me is that Cold war is running at 4k60 with RT on.
Apparently those that play competitively do care and I was under the impression that's why the XBSX was supposed to be prime to take advantage in the competitive scene due to it's TF count. However it doesn't seem like it now.

yes, i did not mean it's useless, but it won't benefit many gamers sadly.
But seeing good graphics at 120fps gives me high hopes for VR games on PS5

Just wish the game was reviewing a bit better - the curse of digital only begins!

Is the game getting panned because of Digital Only, or Buggy and Requires Patches, or because of Huge Downloads?

Is the game getting panned because of Digital Only, or Buggy and Requires Patches, or because of Huge Downloads?
I just meant that you pay top dollar and can’t sell on if I don’t like it. At least with a disk I can try and sell in...I mean, I’d want it for story and Zombies- there’s only one map so that’s £90!

I just meant that you pay top dollar and can’t sell on if I don’t like it. At least with a disk I can try and sell in...I mean, I’d want it for story and Zombies- there’s only one map so that’s £90!

Just ask for a refund. Granted you'd need to make up your mind fairly early on in the game if you're doing that. I think the usual auto-approved refund on Xbox is 2 hours of gameplay. But I haven't followed along with that to see what the limitations are today.

ElAnalistaDeBits compare. The PS5 seems to drop quite a few more frames at the section being compared around the 10:30 and on mark (first Series X then PS5). Faster loading is significant on PS5 this time unlike some of what I've seen so far.

Here we have another case like Assassin's Creed: Valhalla. Almost identical versions except for very small details. Better loading times on PS5 (in some cases halfway). The resolution on both consoles is dynamic, but from what I have been able to verify it is only rescaled horizontally, something that is not the first time they have been done in this saga. Some elements (very few) have a greater draw distance in Series X. Shadows also appear slightly more defined in some points in the Microsoft console. Once again, it doesn't matter which version you choose because they are almost the same. Unfortunately, I do not currently have the necessary tools to be able to measure the framerate of the 120fps mode, I promise to find a solution soon.

Last edited:
Just ask for a refund. Granted you'd need to make up your mind fairly early on in the game if you're doing that. I think the usual auto-approved refund on Xbox is 2 hours of gameplay. But I haven't followed along with that to see what the limitations are today.
PS5 as I wanted to try out the DS5 with this game.

Guess I’ll wait for a sale.

I need a bit of help. I am installing the new COD from disc but it's saying the campaign is not installed and I can't seem to find a way to install it. Am I missing something or is the campaign not on the disc?

Game crashes on both PS5 and XBSX/XBSS. He mentions that it has a lot of problems and downloading is one. Mentions Xbox Series has more problems than the PS5.

Loves the RT shadows and materials.

Thankfully, developer Treyarch has been made aware of the issue and is already looking into fixing it with a patch. It's been added to the official Trello board, so players can remain up to date on it and other problems affecting the game. At the time of writing, though, it's unclear how long players will have to wait until this bricking problem is completely resolved.

In the meantime, Treyarch has provided some recommendations that should help people avoid it for the time being. Firstly, avoid accidentally downloading the Xbox One version, as mentioned earlier. Second, disable ray-tracing. Though the feature has been one of the new generation's biggest selling points, it has been reported that turning it off has helped players mitigate crashing issues. Not to mention, ray-tracing appears to cause other problems as well, like making online matches very laggy.

Read More: https://gamerant.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-cold-war-xbox-series-x-console-brick/

Back