What Anime are you watching now?

Well, not an anime (almost?), but I think it's best here than in the standard TV shows thread: Avatar: The Last Airbender.

A bit juvenile, but not as much as I expected. The story is entertaining, the episodes are fun and I like the style and theme.

Well, not an anime (almost?), but I think it's best here than in the standard TV shows thread: Avatar: The Last Airbender.

A bit juvenile, but not as much as I expected. The story is entertaining, the episodes are fun and I like the style and theme.

The first series with Aang is so much better than the followup series, The Legend of Korra.

Kimetsu No Yaiba. I've watched 2 episodes so far and I like it.

It tells the story of Tanjiro, a boy, and his younger sister, after their whole family have been massacred by demons. The sister survived but was infected with demon blood, so she turned into a demon and now he's training to become a demon slayer and to find a way to cure his sister (I don't want to provide many details, go watch yourselves if you want to :mrgreen:).

Kimetsu No Yaiba. I've watched 2 episodes so far and I like it.

It tells the story of Tanjiro, a boy, and his younger sister, after their whole family have been massacred by demons. The sister survived but was infected with demon blood, so she turned into a demon and now he's training to become a demon slayer and to find a way to cure his sister (I don't want to provide many details, go watch yourselves if you want to :mrgreen:).
Yeah, very good series! We are patiently waiting for the series to continue sometime Spring 2021.

On a side note, the movie was recently released in Japan to rave reviews.
October 26, 2020
Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- The Movie: Mugen Train Continues to Dominate Box Offices as Fastest Film to Achieve Over $100M in Japan

Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- The Movie: Mugen Train celebrated yet another milestone with a phenomenal second week in theaters as the fastest film to achieve over $100M at the box offices in Japan after only ten days in theaters. The film premiered on October 16th on 403 screens (including 38 IMAX theaters) in Japan and currently holds the record with a total of 7,983,442 admissions and over $102.5M in box office sales in its second week.
Aniplex of America announced that Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- The Movie: Mugen Train will be heading to U.S. and Canadian theaters in early 2021, to be distributed by Funimation Films.
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...-to-achieve-over-100m-in-japan-301159960.html

are theater in the U.S. properly calibrate their audio for anime?

in Indonesia they're waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too loud for anime. Probably due to anime usually have very low dynamic range compared to Hollywood movies (where dialogue are way quieter than explosion)

Theaters in the US don't even bloody focus their pictures properly around here, and their idea of improving the sound quality seems to be turning the speakers up to 11.

I HATE watching movies in theaters now, they literally look better in 1080p for my on my 24" monitor since they're at least in focus and I can adjust the levels if it's too dark. Also having volume control gets addictive, I HATE how deafening the theaters can be. It's like a sonic assault on me, and they overly abuse the sub-harmonic subwoofers to make you get tense/fearful/jump scare too much.

/me ends rant

Sorry. I have hated theaters for a long, long time. Oh, did I forget to mention pausing so I can get a drink/relieve myself? Or being able to go back if I missed a bit or thought I saw something?

Yeah, theaters suck and people in them have no manners. People talk during them and cell phones go off, fuck that!

/me ends rant again, I really shouldn't talk about theaters anymore

That being said, I've never seen an anime in a US theater. It wasn't a fad when I was a kid in the 70s-80s and by the time it became a thing I was already tied in to zero day releases of new episodes of series I was hooked on. :oops:

Theaters in the US don't even bloody focus their pictures properly around here, and their idea of improving the sound quality seems to be turning the speakers up to 11.

I HATE watching movies in theaters now, they literally look better in 1080p for my on my 24" monitor since they're at least in focus and I can adjust the levels if it's too dark. Also having volume control gets addictive, I HATE how deafening the theaters can be. It's like a sonic assault on me, and they overly abuse the sub-harmonic subwoofers to make you get tense/fearful/jump scare too much.

/me ends rant

Sorry. I have hated theaters for a long, long time. Oh, did I forget to mention pausing so I can get a drink/relieve myself? Or being able to go back if I missed a bit or thought I saw something?

Yeah, theaters suck and people in them have no manners. People talk during them and cell phones go off, fuck that!

/me ends rant again, I really shouldn't talk about theaters anymore

That being said, I've never seen an anime in a US theater. It wasn't a fad when I was a kid in the 70s-80s and by the time it became a thing I was already tied in to zero day releases of new episodes of series I was hooked on. :oops:

Seems all of those are universal hahaha. Although nowadays it's quite rare to see an out of focus projection. I always bring IEM tho hahaha.

Btw for some movies, the viewers (short) talking actually adds to the experience. Usually only for comedies tho.

None of my friends bothered with any of it tho

I've been watching episodes of Noblesse, The Irregular At Magic High School and Moriarty the Patriot have all perked my interest this season.
The series range from a strange mix of vampires, tech magic/casting and evil antagonist fighting for justice.

I liked Irregulars at Magic High, how is Moriarty?
I also watched the previous Irregulars at Magic High seasons. The current season carries the same tone and is quite good.
Moriarty is somewhat twisted but in a good sense; evil privileged person fighting the wrongs encountered by the poor folk in Victorian times. His targets are typically members of his own privileged class and devises unusual schemes to extract his vengeance .
It's definitely worth a watch!

Last edited:
Yatta! It really is a new season and I gots seven episodes to watch, thank you!!

Sort of a silly/dumb series, but I really enjoyed it. Watched it at least 3 times. Looking forward to this, I'll check out the other ones after I binge these!

I never able to like that anime.

+ school life. Check
+ so many "tell" instead of "show" check.

These two combinations really are not good for me. If it's only one of them, I'm fine. Heck, I liked steisn gate and it have ridiculous amounts of blabbering nonsense (with powerpoint sideshow of people face while taking).

Every new season of toaru I watched the first few eps. But still didn't click with me.

I respect your opinion, but for me it just works and I'm REALLY excited to have some more episodes. Halfway through the second one we got hit with a power outage and I think I'm gonna have to make a little laptop with great battery life happen now. I figured out a name for it during our power outage, laughed myself silly after never having realized it before and figured now it's just gonna naturally happen because that's how the universe seems to work with me in these situations when the humor and karma combine. :love:

Sorry for the babble, thanks again for letting me know. It's cool it's not your cup of tea, but I find it interesting and it's just fun escapism for me to turn my brain down a notch or two and relax. :)

Back