Destiny 2

Oh and forgot even to mention Stasis ruined PVP. Which ANYBODY could see coming from a mile away but Bungie apparently. What are they going to do about it? Anything? Maybe after 6 months?

If they're going to treat my favorite aspect of the game, crucible, so cavalierly I'm out.

I am not suprised beyond is smaller than Forsaken but with extra time due to delay i was hoping for more. I am happy that i ordered XSX and will get it for free ;)

Graphics are once again reaching a new destiny high though. Production values great, even if there isn't enough of them.

I think half the problem with this game is the community. They usually want whats bad for the game, and the dangerous part is Bungie tends to do whatever they want.

Sunsetting a good example. I'm loving it. It lets me clean out my cluttered to hell vault. It makes exotics have a real priority. It gives us new, weaker stuff to play with (weaker is good since most stuff in the game is so OP). The same old guns forever and ever got so tiresome. Beloved and Revoker were going to be it forever, for example. The only way they werent going to be it forever was to make new snipers that were even more powerful, which is awful, because snipers are already too strong. Another season using the same boring shit, the same bygones and recluse and whatever. I dont think I could have taken it. But the community hates sunsetting, I hope Bungie doesn't walk it back.

Really feel like the game is at an inflection point here, between stasis, sunsetting (disaster if they renege), community unhappiness with the expansion, etc.

I dont know, Destiny was originally a ten year plan, it's 7 in. I dont think it can continue THAT much longer. Ten years sounds right.

what the fork, thats it? the final boss battle and the level leading to the boss battle was

- full of reused places
- no awesome mechanics
- full of stupid busywork

This is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay smaller than Forsaken despite priced MORE expensive than forsaken (with forsaken 40 USD gets you DLC+1 season). WTF

DO NOT BUY THIS. Just play it on gamepass.
thanks for the heads up. was discussing with myself if I should give Bungie some new money and play the campaign - doesn't seem to be worth it, makes my dilemma about giving them more money much easier

thanks for the heads up. was discussing with myself if I should give Bungie some new money and play the campaign - doesn't seem to be worth it, makes my dilemma about giving them more money much easier

You can enjoy the free "new light" missions on cosmodrome. They chopped off various missions from vanilla D1 and modified them into New Light experience. The encounters are not as awesomely designed as vanilla D1 tho. For example the heart thumping, adrenaline rushing encounter in The Last Array was in New Light. But now it feels like it was designed by juniors (or modders) that don't understand the original intention of the original level design.

The Beyond Light content itself almost feels as thin as Shadowkeep. But a bit meatier, and more polished. With the whole design was a huge copy paste from Forsaken.

Forsaken formula: you hunt many bosses. After killing each boss, the main boss will mock you of your murdering spree.

Beyond Light formula:
the same. But with way less boss and way more stupid busywork quest between bosses.

Really not worth the 40 USD asking price.

You can enjoy the free "new light" missions on cosmodrome. They chopped off various missions from vanilla D1 and modified them into New Light experience. The encounters are not as awesomely designed as vanilla D1 tho. For example the heart thumping, adrenaline rushing encounter in The Last Array was in New Light. But now it feels like it was designed by juniors (or modders) that don't understand the original intention of the original level design.

The Beyond Light content itself almost feels as thin as Shadowkeep. But a bit meatier, and more polished. With the whole design was a huge copy paste from Forsaken.

Forsaken formula: you hunt many bosses. After killing each boss, the main boss will mock you of your murdering spree.

Beyond Light formula:
the same. But with way less boss and way more stupid busywork quest between bosses.

Really not worth the 40 USD asking price.

Free if you got Gamepass for $1 though haha.

On other subject, I'm still trying to figure out WHY I totally suck in crucible since Beyond Light (after 3+ months break prior). It's really quite the mystery.

-Fatigue when playing?
-I had a stroke and didn't know it, now can no longer push buttons fast? (hopefully a joke)
-Some sort of eye problem? I dont have the best eyesight (dont wear glasses) but I noticed for example on Tetris effect, it's a lot worse than I though. Really hard to concentrate on the screen sometimes.

Approaching it scientifically, what's different?

-Series X.
- Series X controller.
-Beyond light
-How Series X interacts with the TV.

Even though I cannot really notice any difference (which I can notice easily if game mode is off), it might be there, but subtle.

I wondered if ALLM was screwing up game mode somehow, I turned it off (allm not game mode). I can tell when game mode is off and I'm not noticing that, but it could be something more subtle.

The colors often look weird to me, and there's no telling if the TV is engaging HDR correctly. Just another confusing thing with no possible answer. I remember I went through bouts where HDR wouldn't engage for Destiny, leaving it looking very monochromatic. I dont remember how that fixed itself. This is not that, but there seems to be a definite blue hue to everything. At times. But maybe it's nothing.

I would say I notice the aiming is off. I swing my rifle about wildly at peoples heads. In PVE nothing is precise or difficult enough for this to really matter. If I can pinpoint anything and say "that's the problem", that's it.

The obvious candidate then would be the sensitivity changed. But it's at 3, which google tells me has always been the Destiny default, and i never changed it.

I'm actually wondering if the subtle latency improvements in the new Xbox controller somehow threw me off this wildly. Since game mode being off will do the same, it's vaguely possible, although it just seems unlikely.

I seem to be doing a little better lately, shrug. .79 kda in Beyond Light. Which is literally half normal, just to show it's real very large decline.

Could just be a lot of others running rampant with Stasis classes while I havent unlocked this? Could be, I suppose.

Another potential culprit: SBMM. I dont have confirmation this is back, but Bungie's algorithm thinks I'm much better than I am, so I always do worse when SBMM is on. This could be part of the puzzle, if SBMM is back in beyond light.

My best current guess is it's something to do with the new Series X controller+new series X lower latency throwing me/my aim off. Shrug.

I guess i'll just slowly hopefully improve as I adjust to...whatever this is. So far I seem to be.

Last edited:
Free if you got Gamepass for $1 though haha.

On other subject, I'm still trying to figure out WHY I totally suck in crucible since Beyond Light (after 3+ months break prior). It's really quite the mystery.

-Fatigue when playing?
-I had a stroke and didn't know it, now can no longer push buttons fast? (hopefully a joke)
-Some sort of eye problem? I dont have the best eyesight (dont wear glasses) but I noticed for example on Tetris effect, it's a lot worse than I though. Really hard to concentrate on the screen sometimes.

Approaching it scientifically, what's different?

-Series X.
- Series X controller.
-Beyond light
-How Series X interacts with the TV.

Even though I cannot really notice any difference (which I can notice easily if game mode is off), it might be there, but subtle.

I wondered if ALLM was screwing up game mode somehow, I turned it off (allm not game mode). I can tell when game mode is off and I'm not noticing that, but it could be something more subtle.

The colors often look weird to me, and there's no telling if the TV is engaging HDR correctly. Just another confusing thing with no possible answer. I remember I went through bouts where HDR wouldn't engage for Destiny, leaving it looking very monochromatic. I dont remember how that fixed itself. This is not that, but there seems to be a definite blue hue to everything. At times. But maybe it's nothing.

I would say I notice the aiming is off. I swing my rifle about wildly at peoples heads. In PVE nothing is precise or difficult enough for this to really matter. If I can pinpoint anything and say "that's the problem", that's it.

The obvious candidate then would be the sensitivity changed. But it's at 3, which google tells me has always been the Destiny default, and i never changed it.

I'm actually wondering if the subtle latency improvements in the new Xbox controller somehow threw me off this wildly. Since game mode being off will do the same, it's vaguely possible, although it just seems unlikely.

I seem to be doing a little better lately, shrug. .79 kda in Beyond Light. Which is literally half normal, just to show it's real very large decline.

Could just be a lot of others running rampant with Stasis classes while I havent unlocked this? Could be, I suppose.

Another potential culprit: SBMM. I dont have confirmation this is back, but Bungie's algorithm thinks I'm much better than I am, so I always do worse when SBMM is on. This could be part of the puzzle, if SBMM is back in beyond light.

My best current guess is it's something to do with the new Series X controller+new series X lower latency throwing me/my aim off. Shrug.

I guess i'll just slowly hopefully improve as I adjust to...whatever this is. So far I seem to be.

Probably bungie fucking with the gun feel again, without telling the players.

As for colors. Beyond light have higher contrast, more shiny.

Akin to the visual overhaul we got years ago when taken king launched. Subtle enough that some people don't realize the visual changes but feels something was weird.

Probably bungie fucking with the gun feel again, without telling the players.

As for colors. Beyond light have higher contrast, more shiny.

Akin to the visual overhaul we got years ago when taken king launched. Subtle enough that some people don't realize the visual changes but feels something was weird.

Yeah the colors still seem weird but god knows what it is between the TV, console, my brain, and HDR. I was noticing things seem weirdly purple in some areas today.

For PVP I seem to be getting a little better but yeah, I clearly noticed my gun swings more wildly now. Really like I supposed if I changed the sensitivity but I didn't. I think it's some combo of the series X and the new controller, hopefully I will get used to it. Also, evidently SBMM is back. Which is bullshit and I hate it. Bungie's skill based algorithm IMO is clearly based on time played (I have a lot) and not so much skill (I have little) so it puts me in grandmaster class or something, so I'm always fighting really good opposing players usually under sbmm.

I still hate Stasis and it ruins PVP, which kind of turns me off the whole game because PVP is the endgame for me, what I do when I'm done with everything else, or just all the time for fun in between PVE "work". It more pisses me off at Bungie that it will be months before they do anything as always. Whenever PVP is broke it takes them months to fix it.

I also hate the Destiny community, they think everything should be a one shot win button which is no fun.

Oh I checked players on the weekend at it was 1.63 million that day (I thought it should be ~1.5), maybe Bungie isn't dead yet. But I dont check really every time to be sure that's a good number for like first weekend of expansion, but I think it is. Xbox was still slightly nudging out PlayStation as it has been since Destiny went Gamepass, but it's getting really close.

Definitely feels like a pretty spartan post-activision expansion.

Last edited:
I believe HDR is borked again with this update. In Nessu and the EDZ I am seeing some weird color inversion with it enabled, specially in dark colors and areas. SDR looks OK.

So bungie now is like 600 person crew right? And they can't handle destiny development.

I wonder when they were with Activision with 4 studios helping, thay have how many person?

Assuming the 4 other studios each have 300 person, half of bungie size, working on Destiny...

Yikes 1200 person helping bungie!

That many people, so little result. Really bad management? Horrible game engine? Weird office politics?

So bungie now is like 600 person crew right? And they can't handle destiny development.

I wonder when they were with Activision with 4 studios helping, thay have how many person?

Assuming the 4 other studios each have 300 person, half of bungie size, working on Destiny...

That many people, so little result. Really bad management? Horrible game engine? Weird office politics?
same engine as Halo ;)

haha oh man.. haha

I am on a XSX and still use my 2nd Elite1 gamepad. Didn't even try the new gamepad because of my bad experience with the X1X one which had a seriously bad impact on my gameplay. So I wouldn't be surprised if it could be gamepad related.

I've played 8 solo Control games so far on Warlock/Titan but not even the new Stasis classes. I used pretty much the same weapon load outs I've run the last months. Redrix, Gnawing Hunger/The Last Dance. I tried PR Hailing Confusion for a short time and it didn't work out at all. Gnawing Hunger is obviously nerfed. The Crucible game feels "different" to me too but not enough games to really put a finger on it.

My ELO is about the same. 6/8 games were about +-1.5KDA, 2 were <1KDA. In the later my team was steam rolled with the a usual bunch of Streamers with lag advantage and a lot Stasis. I had luck not running into the usual Witherhoard/GL BS. So could be lesser players or not yet adjusted players which helped me keep my standing.

I have no clue what to do yet in Ironbanner for my primary nor do I know if non sunsetting Last Dances I have can replaced my "timed-out" Auto/TTT version.

P.S. I consider Sunsetting the worst mistake they've ever done. They could have nerfed the problem weapons but it was never about them anyway.

IMHO Destiny2 is on back burner for them while they work on their next game design. They cut corners everywhere.

I would assume Bungie is going to finish out ten years with destiny (originally 10 year plan), so 3 still to go....

This game is such a monumental timesink though. Even a day or two ago I saw a guy at season pass 77. 77! I cant figure out what the heck to even start on especially in somewhat limited playtime. It gets a bit overwhelming. i have been playing quite a bit and i'm like 21. I regularly see players 30's, 40's, and 50. Very regularly and that was yesterday LOL. Some of these people must be kids with no time commitments whatsoever.

This does tend to always be the case though when you have to be leveling on top of everything else in the early season. But now to some extent that never ends with needing to keep up with bounties to push up the artifact.

Heh, on the TWAB they've already nerfed some key aspects of Stasis in crucible. This is fantastic, my complaining about how long this would take was unfounded.

I gotta give Bungo some credit, stasis is unlike anything the game has seen. Some of the play it makes possible for high level crucible (not me heh) is crazy. Like throwing the wall grenades at your feet to make them push you up in the air...

I loaded into a random strike today, the two rando's were 123 and 107. I've played a good deal and just hit 31.

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?

Last edited:
So, not sure who’s still playing this but the new PS5 update is WOW.

It’s also a bit too complicated to actually download it, cause Sony. But once it’s done, it’s like a new game. Very impressive.

Back