Oculus Quest | Meta Quest 2

Someone was bragging on oculus quest subreddit that they found a way to bypass Facebook requirement! 3 other redditirs says it does work.

They say the method is in quest private discord

Personality I prefer with the barrier totally disabled. Pass thru no longer work tho.

Imagine you just bought a brand new VR headset to upgrade from e.g. a CV1 for which you have a bunch of game already paid for.
But for you to actually use it, first you need to get discord, and then request access to a private discord channel, and then follow a bunch of steps that supposedly teach you how to bypass the Facebook requirement.
In the end, your Oculus account may or may not get banned leaving you with no access to the games you already paid for. And in the case it does work, everyday there's this chance of being caught by Facebook that will inevitably lead to you getting banned and losing access to the games you already paid for.

How is Facebook not getting in trouble with this shitshow? At least in the EU they're definitely burning through a dozen of consumer protection laws.

The whole Facebook/Oculus account thing is really baffling to me. It makes Facebook appear incompetent with their business and engineering planning considering this circumstance was inevitable from the moment Facebook acquired them back in 2014. Your product only carries value to the degree that your customers can trust you to maintain their accounts and associated content libraries. If Facebook's broader social media account system operates on such a huge scale that they're required to automate and liberally issue account bans/blocks with inevitable false positives, then they should never have rolled Oculus's accounts into it without special accommodations. Common sense would tell me that you'd at the very least have special flags associated with any accounts that have billed purchases and content licenses attached such that they require several steps of deliberate action by a CS/accounts agent to block an account. If Facebook can't get this right after 6 years then they're simply unfit for selling products and services to consumers.

Btw is Facebook is the only company where a ban on 1 aspect (social) also ban everything (oculus games)?

For example Google Account. They blocked me from some services but they didn't globally ban me.

I have outstanding bill on Google cloud Platform because turns out the free 50 dollars promo when it ends, automatically goes to my registered debit card that have limited amount of funds (its like a prepaid card). I can't use GCP ever again unless I fix that issue.

I still can use google pay, Gmail, play developer console, basically everything except GCP.

STEAM for example, people that are Banned due to cheating, still have their digital libraries and can buy new games AFAIK.

IIRC on Xbox 360 era with rampant piracy, if you get banned, the only thing you lost is Xbox live. All games currenly in your console and disc games are playable just fine.

Playstation goes even better. If your PS vita got banned, yiu can't access psn. But you still can purchase new games and push it to PS vita thru PS store on web browser because your account is not banned. Maybe the same for ps3. I was not into ps3 "scene".

I have never tested any of those except for GCP tho. But the "testimonials" from people in "underground scene" forums was like that.

Yeah they have some work to do in terms of account management ...

tried some games of Population One, it's laggy, bugged, but fun, and sharp, i think it could become a nice game with more polish.

So apparently the elite strap was breaking for lots of people so Facebook is not selling them anymore. Very disappointed. I still have a week to return it and might if meanwhile there is no solution in sight. Still can't stand the normal strap at all.

Edit - Found one without the battery at a local store. Going to collect it today and give it a try. I just want to see if comfort improves massively or not, as it still is a big deal breaker for me.

Last edited:
Got it! It's not surprising they are breaking, the thing really looks fragile! One has to really be gentle with it and use the wheel thing at the back. It's not like PSVR that you can just pull to remove it. My bet is that they didn't do a lot of testing with real users. This thing cannot be abused at all! It's more comfortable though alright.

Screenshots of a conversation between Oculus user with two headsets/accounts and Oculus Support:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ElHThFcVcAIHNOJ?format=jpg&name=orig
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ElHThFfUcAApffa?format=jpg&name=orig
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ElHThFdUcAEA0wA?format=jpg&name=orig
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ElHThFcU8AA-BjT?format=jpg&name=orig

Important VR PSA #2: Right pointing backhand index Oculus headsets being used simultaneously on the same Facebook account will get it banned.

“not be able to use two headsets” “lead to one or both Facebook accounts being disabled or permanently banned”

Comms: @FBRealityLabs
Source: Reddit - kommanderk33n
My favorite line is “While I do completely understand your concerns, we do need to have you comply with the Facebook TOS” like @FBRealityLabs @Facebook thinks they are some authoritarian government.
Just so people understand the “why” @oculus @FBRealityLabs is doing this. It’s so they are connecting your social graph with very personal data farming from the headset. They want to ensure it’s your personal data and no one else. So they can manipulate you with ads better.
For clarification: seems to be some confusion of what is “simultaneous”. This means if you have several headsets under one Facebook account (OK by TOS) they can’t be used at the exact same time. As this would imply another person is on your Facebook account/headset.
It gets better: I am assuming everyone wants a class action lawsuit now? Well... news for you. The @oculus TOS forbids you from bringing a class action against them.
To those who assume this was misinformation. @oculus had to change their policies because of this tweet storm. It WAS their intention to have this policy.

The irony that Facebook began as a place to share pictures with your friends, and has now developed to a point where they won't even allow you to share your own possessions.

on top of that, on per-app level, the "multi account simultaneously" thing is inconfsistent.
some games can work just fine (Rec Room?) while some other wont work at all (Population One?)

you also cannot add multiple account on 1 quest, so you would need to do hard reset. Unlike any other video game device/service ever.

My Quest 2 is still in the U.S. waiting for the grey importer to ship it to me, so i would have 1-3 months to wait for FB to up their game.

Nah, this is like those "warranty void if removed" stickers on electronics, which kept being used by manufacturers well after they were deemed useless to any kind of legal binding.
The text is there only scare people off. They obviously can't use the ToS to nullify class action suits against them.

Otherwise every company would use that and no company would ever be faced with class action suits!

EDIT: there it is

it seems facebook used multiple lens manufacturers, and the quality are not the same
  • more god rays
  • more blurring
  • more image separation / doubling (like chromatic aberration)

I don't see any blurring on mine but I do see god rays and if text is very bright I do see some kind of image separation on the text alone when moving my head. Outside of white text I don't see any image separation or doubling though. But I don't really have a point of comparison to know if that's normal with frensel lenses or not since I was always a PSVR user where none of that happens ever.

No real complaints here other than that my son now only uses the Quest (mostly RecRoom which he played on PSVR before and VR Chat).

And the same goes for me really. Quest 2 dominates my playtime now with Table Tennis, Beat Saber and Boxing ...

The PSVR remains the comfort king though.

I've just played Until you Fall on the Quest 2 and it was quite good. Haven't tried the PSVR version, but would not be surprised if Quest version is better. Graphics are quite simple and the higher resolution of the Quest probably makes it sharper.

I've just played Until you Fall on the Quest 2 and it was quite good. Haven't tried the PSVR version, but would not be surprised if Quest version is better. Graphics are quite simple and the higher resolution of the Quest probably makes it sharper.
Is that the QTE-ish sword fight game?

Yeah it was fun. Way more fun than the sword fight in skyrim vr.

I played on quest 1 via link. I don't really like the art style and level design tho. Feels generic.

Back