Nvidia Ampere Discussion [2020-05-14]

It's good that AMD are finally becoming an evil multi-billion dollar corp too, the days of just Nvidia having just $1000+ cards are over. Equally their CPU prices continue to rise to the good old Thunderbird levels of dominance, to remind everyone... they aren't your friend either.

It's good that AMD are finally becoming an evil multi-billion dollar corp too, the days of just Nvidia having just $1000+ cards are over. Equally their CPU prices continue to rise to the good old Thunderbird levels of dominance, to remind everyone... they aren't your friend either.

Yes we needed this in both the CPU and GPU market. Also, Intel seems intrested in the GPU gaming market.

I don't mind higher prices as long as they brings innovation and performance. We were paying $300-$1000 prices back in 2005, so paying $800 for a top-dog CPU nowadays is quite "cheap". Besides, would you like to get a rise at work for doing great engineering? Maybe even every year? Companies have to earn money first to afford paying their employees and investing back into new products. Market regulates the rest quite well, as long as there is healthy competition. If it is too one sided, we get Intel rate of improvement from 2012-2020 or nVidia RTX launch prices as there is nothing to put pressure either on releasing better products or lowering prices, ideally both.

I personally would love to buy Radeon 6800XT or RTX 3080 for $349.00 but we all know, even with fierce competition between 3 vendors, this would be a stretch. $500 though is doable and that time might come at a later stage of product release. Personally, I rather vote with my wallet and buy a product I like performance of at a price I can afford instead of complaining that it is too expensive.

It's good that AMD are finally becoming an evil multi-billion dollar corp too, the days of just Nvidia having just $1000+ cards are over.
Let me know when AMD will release their $1000+ product. There's not a single one in their currently announced product portfolio.

Let me know when AMD will release their $1000+ product. There's not a single one in their currently announced product portfolio.
You might want to restrict that to Gaming-oriented Radeon cards. ;)

Seriously though, 6900XT might end up a 999-Dollar-product the same as RTX 3080 is a 699-Dollar-product. Only partially the fault of AMD and Nvidia, though they could mitigate the situation with ample supply.

I'm already taking peace that I will not be able to buy neither a new Nvidia nor AMD high end card this year.
Should have a 5nm M1 Apple system to play with though, for now I'll be happy with this 8 core GPU :)

Seriously though, 6900XT might end up a 999-Dollar-product the same as RTX 3080 is a 699-Dollar-product. Only partially the fault of AMD and Nvidia, though they could mitigate the situation with ample supply.

RTX 30 "MSRP"s are a joke not because of the supply, but because the prices NVIDIA announced were subvented by themselves. No AIB can match the MSRP after NVIDIA stopped the rebates after a month for the 3080s, 3070s weren't subvented and were never available anywhere near MSRP (except the handful of cards sold by NVIDIA directly, which were so limited not even all of NVIDIAs own stores got 'em (for example NVIDIAs Finnish store had literally zero 3070's to sell).
There's so far no indications this would be the case with AMD products.

I haven't been following very closely, but wouldn't the 3060 Ti be using the same chip as the 3070 but cut down? I don't see this as that unexpected if that's the case.

No idea, the intresting part is price though. A 3060X class GPU outperforming the previous generations 2080 Super is an amazing feat. Ampere prices didnt go up either, they adjusted downwards.
A 3060 GPU is the entry range of the 3000 series now, and seeing what performance you get. Thanks AMD.

Rumor: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Official Performance Benchmarks Leak Out, Faster Than RTX 2080 SUPER in Gaming, Ray Tracing & Creation
In the performance tests which were measured at 1440p resolution on an Intel Core i9-10900K CPU based platform, the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti delivered an average 5.5% performance uplift over the RTX 2080 SUPER and an average 43.5% performance uplift over the RTX 2060 SUPER in the trio of AAA titles that were tested. In ray tracing, the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti scored a 44.75% performance uplift over the RTX 2060 SUPER and a 9.5% uplift over the RTX 2080 SUPER.
Moving over to content creation and rendering performance, the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti does score a bigger win with a 67.8% uplift over the RTX 2060 SUPER and a 36.3% uplift over the GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER. Now, these are definitely some huge gains for the RTX 2060 SUPER successor but we have to wait for actual reviews to validate whether NVIDIA's results match our own.
We expect the RTX 3060 Ti to land around $399 US in terms of pricing.
https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce...nchmarks-leak-out-faster-than-rtx-2080-super/

Edit: Already posted above.

Back