All purpose Sales and Sales Rumours and Anecdotes [2020 Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
HZD is not inside the PS plus collection, no patch. It smells remastered version like Spiderman.
Frankly, Sony can f*** off if they think I am going to spend more than budget prices on remastered versions of games I already bought and played. I know remasters are a lot of effort, unlocking PS5 performance in PS4 games is not. The latter would suffice for me.

Wondering if MS and Sony have more supply available at launch there this time around, I secured both a PS5 disk version and Xbox series X without much trouble although my Xbox won't arrive until Monday. I also noticed a lot more online alerts from major retailers up to and including launch day. Supply seems to be constantly be dripping out. Probably some of this is due to covid but even so it feels different. We either have more supply or less demand.

Frankly, Sony can f*** off if they think I am going to spend more than budget prices on remastered versions of games I already bought and played. I know remasters are a lot of effort, unlocking PS5 performance in PS4 games is not. The latter would suffice for me.

As much as I loved the game, I can’t think of anything worse than starting HZD from scratch, let alone paying for that.

As much as I loved the game, I can’t think of anything worse than starting HZD from scratch, let alone paying for that.
Yup. I wouldn't want to start over from scratch but New Game + mode lets you bring your armour, weapons and resources along so it's a more streamlined affair as you're not hunting for a skins to boost your equipment.

I went to MediaMarkt today to buy a dishwasher. They had a couple of XBS for sale, and a XBX demo station. I didn't see any XBS/X games or accessories.

They also had a wall full of PS5 accessories and games.

I went to MediaMarkt today to buy a dishwasher. They had a couple of XBS for sale, and a XBX demo station. I didn't see any XBS/X games or accessories.

Same accessories as Xbox One, they are fully compatible. Did they not have any Xbox accessories?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/vgc-xbox-series-x-s-was-microsoft’s-biggest-console-launch-in-the-uk.326102/

Xbox Series biggest Xbox launch in UK

According to publishers speaking to VGC, Xbox Series X and S sold around 155,000 consoles on launch day, beating the previous record of 150,000, which Xbox One managed in its first two days on sale in 2013.

However, Series X/S was still far short of beating the record set by PlayStation 4. Sony’s previous full hardware launch was the biggest in UK history, managing around 250,000 over its first 48 hours.
Of course, both Xbox Series X and S sold out at launch and would likely have sold better with more stock. Currently, both Xbox Series X and S are sold out at all major retailers.

Microsoft will likely shift any additional consoles it can supply during the launch window – especially considering Series X/S UK pre-orders are understood to have been significantly higher than previous Xbox consoles, limiting the number of units available to day one buyers.
The most popular Series model at launch in the UK was the Xbox Series X, which accounted for two-thirds of launch sales, according to VGC sources.

Pretty good
Congrats !

For comparison, in 48 hours :
40k - Wii U
70k - 360
80k - Switch
105k - Wii
150k - Xbox One
155k - Xbox Series X/S
165k - PS3
250k - PS4

Last edited:

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...call-of-duty-in-race-for-no-1-uk-boxed-charts

Crazy Miles Morales is third if you only count PS5 SKU and Demon's souls 6th

ISDfNyn_d.jpg

The games will probably sold better next week.

UK charts physical game sales, per ArmGunar @ ERA

UK Charts Physical sales.

AC Valhalla : about 144k

42% PS4
18% PS5
40% One / Series X-S
launch sales more than double that of its predecessor
Previous entries :
  • 97.5k - AC Origins
  • 72k - AC Odyssey
Black Ops CW : about 126.5k
-64% vs Modern Warfare (361.4k)
Digital probably offset the decline of physical
In fact, a statement from Activision Blizzard's EMEAA MD Anna Malmhake said that Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War "set a new record as the highest first day digital sales worldwide in franchise history". We will see how the game performed digitally in the UK later in the week, but expect good numbers.
We'll know the full picture of the game's performance once the digital sales are in, but it's also worth noting the impact of Call of Duty: Warzone -- the hugely successful free-to-play game released in March this year.
Previous entries :
  • 730k - Advanced Warfare
  • 635k - Black Ops 3
  • 328k - Infinite Warfare
  • 515k - World War 2
  • 260k - Black Ops 4
  • 361.4k - Modern Warfare
  • 126.5k - Black Ops CW
Miles Morales : about 86.5k
-56% vs Spider-Man (190k)
71% PS5
29% PS4
We'll get a better picture of its debut performance once the PS5 actually launches in the UK next week.
Other Sony AAA exclusives :
  • 194k - FRI - TLOU Part II
  • 192k - TUE - Uncharted 4
  • 190k - FRI - Spider-Man
  • 114k - WED - Horizon Zero Dawn
  • 96k - FRI - God of War
  • 80k - WED - Uncharted TLL
  • 75k - FRI - Ghost of Tsushima
  • 74k - WED - GT Sport
  • 70k - FRI - Days Gone
Others infos :
  • Demon’s Souls #6
  • Sackboy #13 (89% PS5 / 11% PS4)
  • Godfall #16
  • Just Dance #11 (+133% vs JD2020, 89% Switch)
  • Yakuza #20 (65% PS4 / 35% Xbox)
  • NBA 2K21 #31 (+185% week on week, 63% PS5 / 14% Xbox Series)
  • FIFA 21 #4 (-24% week on week)
  • AC NH #5 (-7% week on week)
  • Super Mario 3D All Stars #7 (+40# week on week)
  • Watch Dogs Legion #10 (-36% week on week, 57% Xbox)

Even though I pre-ordered in April it seems I will not get a PS5 this year. I guess I will have to spend the Christmas binge watching Hanna Montana dubbed into Swedish with daughter instead of playing Spider-Man Remastered.

2020 keeps on giving....

@tuna how did you manage to pre-order a console that Sony hadn't officially annouced, priced or even open pre-orders on, four months before that point? Because I suspect the answer to that is possibly the root cause of your bleak upcoming Christmas!

That is what many people did and stores allowed you to do. I know because it is the reason I am missing out on a launch unit for the first time in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back