Demon's Souls Remake [PS5]

He did say he finished one of the Dark Souls games.

I haven't played or started any other than Bloodbourne which I immediately stopped after five minutes because I didn't know what to do.

I have been familiarise myself with the game but most seem to have gone Knight or Soldier.

Yong was the first I saw as a Thief. I haven't seen anyone go mage yet so I will be going into that as an unknown.

For instance when he beat that first demon, he very clearly knew what was coming because he didn’t heal up
I found that suspicious too but it's possible to get caught up in the moment and just forget.

Even so I still enjoyed the stream.

Man, Demon's Souls looks amazing in 4K and 1440p.

Yes

Em3I_EUW8AAxt6X

Em3I_EcXcAcPUYE

Em3I_EdWMAA0toa

Em3I_EUW8AEn8FV

Last edited:
The spectral glow on main character is ugly and distracting, made also worse by his inner glow not casting shadows on the enviroment.

I know some of you may kill me, but... I'm just not feeling it, the same blown away feeling most of you seem to feel. It looks great, yeah, but very gamey IMHO. I've watched tons of videos, screenshots, etc. but my initial impression doesn't change and I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because everything looks to me as if it's a fake hull with very high-res pictures painted all over it, I don't know how to explain it.
For instance, in this image...

specially when you look at the walls and the top of the tunnel, it doesn't look like true stone and bricks, it looks like a heavily displaced polygonal surface with a weirdly wrapped texture (a very pretty one, yes) on top. Damn, I'm not saying it looks horrible, I do believe it looks GOOD, but other games have impressed me way much more than this (I'm not sure if it's a good idea to mention them, because comparisons are dangerous, you know :rolleyes:).

That, and the fact that many times I see objects going through other objects, as well as weird animations...

Is anyone willing to discuss this without bashing me just because I don't seem to be rooting for this game's graphics like everyone else is? :cry:

Did they fix the 'kick'? I remember on DS3 the 'kick' was the most absurd 'forward+R1' (or something like that?) and I ended up kicking when I didn't want to, but any time I actually did want to kick, it never worked?

I know some of you may kill me, but... I'm just not feeling it, the same blown away feeling most of you seem to feel. It looks great, yeah, but very gamey IMHO. I've watched tons of videos, screenshots, etc. but my initial impression doesn't change and I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because everything looks to me as if it's a fake hull with very high-res pictures painted all over it, I don't know how to explain it.

specially when you look at the walls and the top of the tunnel, it doesn't look like true stone and bricks, it looks like a heavily displaced polygonal surface with a weirdly wrapped texture (a very pretty one, yes) on top. Damn, I'm not saying it looks horrible, I do believe it looks GOOD, but other games have impressed me way much more than this (I'm not sure if it's a good idea to mention them, because comparisons are dangerous, you know :rolleyes:).

That, and the fact that many times I see objects going through other objects, as well as weird animations...

Is anyone willing to discuss this without bashing me just because I don't seem to be rooting for this game's graphics like everyone else is? :cry:

The best is too see it on a 4k screen or let it crop like the forum is doing. When you zoom on it on a screen with a different resolution this looks strange. After the art direction is not photorealistic at all.

EDIT: Animation are like this and vastly improved compared to the original because they can't change the timing of it. This is gameplay above realism.

I prefer this than RDR2 animation system...

Last edited:

You shouldn't live in fear of talking about your opinions!!

That screenshot, when looking at it from upclose does look a bit strange (the forum really magnifies that shot!), but on my 4K TV the game looks mesmerising, well the trailer does, I'll let you know how I feel when I'm actually playing it in a couple of days!

Back