Gran Turismo Sport [PS4]

I haven’t tried the Hamilton stuff yet - it seemed expensive for some time trials with ghosts. Or is it more?

If you like a challenge it's good and you get 20M credits for all gold, which is achievable for people who play racing games (imo), Hamilton times could be tricky, I only got two.

Yeah so no real improvements as the game is already rock solid 60 and had a fixed 1800p if I remember correctly on Pro. If you come from a PS4 however ...

The load times are a clear example of BC mode. I presume GT7 will have virtually no loading times whatsoever.

I forgot or never noticed that if you get all golds on a track in circuit training you get a bonus car. So my garage is expanding quickly ;).

Really look forward to GT7. The game is already so gorgeous, and I really look forward to playing with the new controller.

And I suspect the GT7 version will have close to zero load times!

Daily race A is the Countach at Sardegna. The ~60s qually lap is surprisingly fun to optimize with a manual gearbox, even with a controller.

Too late to matter to anyone, but daily race C was Gr. 2 at Sardena B (longer than the short course). The course is fun to master. I still can’t nail some turns and may never because I can’t reliably trail brake or maintain partial throttle with a controller. The racing is hit or miss based on whoever shows up in your public lobby.

Oh, and I haven’t seen a PVP penalty in weeks. People can punt you off into the gravel and … nothing. Did they totally disable the penalty system while they work on shoehorning GT7 into a PS4?

Too late to matter to anyone, but daily race C was Gr. 2 at Sardena B (longer than the short course). The course is fun to master. I still can’t nail some turns and may never because I can’t reliably trail brake or maintain partial throttle with a controller. The racing is hit or miss based on whoever shows up in your public lobby.

Oh, and I haven’t seen a PVP penalty in weeks. People can punt you off into the gravel and … nothing. Did they totally disable the penalty system while they work on shoehorning GT7 into a PS4?
yeah penalty system looks like almost disabled, still better than penalty for slightest contact but for sure not optimal ;)

Daily Race C is the F1500T at Interlagos, no mandatory pit stop. I haven’t worked up the courage to try a race, but just practicing qualifying is pretty funny on a controller.

Not as funny as me playing ACC on a controller, but still quality.

Edit: Okay, you need to change tires once and the optimal strategy is H to M. I just lucked into three very fun races, two super clean because I started from the back and one a little more elbowy because I started in the pack. Still, highly recommended. Spend 30mins practicing, then try a race starting from the back on hards. Pit around lap 7/8 and watch your fuel. You shouldn’t have to refuel if you don’t redline it everywhere.

Last edited:
Hadn't played GT Sport in well over a month. Yesterday did my first Daily race.

Daily Race C - GR3 - Spa Wet

Nice! I was not so lucky, started from second, got a nudge in rear and got auto returned to track in last place, so it was a hard working up to 4th place till end. I think something has to be improved in penalty system, because I don't expect such kick in a back or pushing off track & bomb diving (Verstapen style) from S rated racers, but all considered GTS is still the best online racer.

Back