Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Anyone here with a PS5 able to look into something for me? I've been seeing reports of PS5 not actually 120hz on anything other than 4k120hz displays. Like you cant use 1080p 144hz/120hz displays that use HDMI2.0 or 1.4 to play games like Cold War at 120hz

This guy took his PS5 apart and put it back together with his own liquid metal (successfully). He was impressed by how much liquid metal there was on it and he advised not to apply the same amount on PC CPU. But on PS5 the barriers (3 different types) allow for such amount of liquid metal.

He was also surprised by how thick were the motherboard and both shields. High quality stuff. He also wasn't expecting such a good and funny game with Astrobot.

This guy took his PS5 apart and put it back together with his own liquid metal (successfully). He was impressed by how much liquid metal there was on it and he advised not to apply the same amount on PC CPU. But on PS5 the barriers (3 different types) allow for such amount of liquid metal.

He was also surprised by how thick were the motherboard and both shields. High quality stuff. He also wasn't expecting such a good and funny game with Astrobot.

I'm really impressed by the motherboard components layout and the efficient electrical traces design.

That's interesting. Can you give an example of it?

When compared to your standard or typical PC motherboards the electrical tracers (traces) are usually not so tighty or well curated on the board. Just eyeballing PS5 MB, you can tell by their design philosophy everything had to be efficient... making sure all the ETs didn't have to traverse through odd curves or long-etched out patterns between the MB components. A very tighty design....

Last edited:
Anyone here with a PS5 able to look into something for me? I've been seeing reports of PS5 not actually 120hz on anything other than 4k120hz displays. Like you cant use 1080p 144hz/120hz displays that use HDMI2.0 or 1.4 to play games like Cold War at 120hz

AFAIK, DF can only capture 120 fps at 1080p, so I assume it works at 1080p (but not at 1440p). 144 fps is not supported.

Worst I had on the PS4, was where I had to install the firmware again, mainly because its time consuming.
Weird stuff do happen when power goes out when in rest mode etc.

Dual Sense battery like just sucks. Terrible. Full charge to zero in 1 hour of Astrobot. Unless my controller is defective, this is just awful.

EDIT: Maybe not the case ...

Last edited:
On a live streaming few days ago for the launch of PS5
Hatsuhiro Harada of Bandai Namco said the GPU of PS5 is equal to 2080 level, CPU is equal to 3700X before optimization.
On PS5's SSD, the fast loading shown today is just using the raw power of PS5's SSD hardware, it will be much faster after optimization.
It's a lot faster than PC if handled PS5's SSD properly.

Japanese warning

Back